Troop Heavy DA 5th Ed WIP List 1500 Points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Troop Heavy DA 5th Ed WIP List 1500 Points

Belial (130 pts total)
    Thunder Hammer & Storm Sheild
    (To attached to the terminator squad, Deep strike with them, and in the turn after deep striking “peeling off” and charging things – preferably bog standard infantry / tanks if they provide cover)

Deathwing Terminators (275 pts total)
    1x Sgnt with twin lightning claws (Low STR without a power fist)
    1x Terminator with Assault Cannon & Power Fist
    1x Terminator with Storm Bolter & Power Fist, Apothecary (I should really, really put it on the AS/cannon, but I can’t stand it fluff / model wise)
    2x Terminators with Storm Bolter & Power Fist

Tactical Squad (270 pts total)
    5x Man Combat Squad with Power Fist & Melta gun In Rhino with Extra Armour
    5x Man Combat Squad with Lascannon

Tactical Squad (270 pts total)
    5x Man Combat Squad with Power Fist & Melta gun In Rhino with Extra Armour

Tactical Squad (215 pts total)
    5x Man Combat Squad with Power Sword & Plasma gun

Predator (95 pts total)
    Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsoons

Devastators (245 total)
    5x Man Combat Squad with 2x Heavy Bolters (& Boltgun on the Sgnt)
    5x Man Combat Squad with 2x Plasma Cannons

Total : 1,500
    Composed of: 46 men and 1x tank.
    7x scoring units (all 5x man)

Worries:

I’m not too sure about the Predator – if I should have it or if it should have Lascannons. (Twin) but I Just don’t know what to drop (I own one and have made it already, but kept the bits and would put the effort in if required to change back)
    I’m lacking anti-infantry, which it provides very cheaply, and it’s front AV does sell it to me – if glancing hits don’t destroy it should hang about for a while.

I also don’t feel too comfortable deep striking 400+ points of terminators – If anything I’ll wait a few turns for the opponent to move forwards/soften up a section etc instead of the 1st turn deep strike. The only way I can safely do it is with a teleport homer – only available on bikes, or putting him in a Land Raider – a large, large points sink. (Although a C/C Terminator Squad with his Banner – giving the squad +1 Attack each does have it’s temptations. Think of the artistic potential…)
    P.S. I noticed the D/A veterans boxed set includes a Ravenwing shoulder pad for terminators – I double checked it’s size. I thought only 1st company – deathwing had terminators.
    I could do a Ravenwing Black Land Raider with Ravenwing Black Termies inside, and the Deathwing Deep striking.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like this list for the most part. troops and high numbers of them are great. the predator... that is totally up to you. maybe change the rhinos into razorbacks? your call. i know exactly how you feel with the terminators. i cant bring myself ever to use them for three reasons. 1 they get shot to bits if they deepstrike (like you said) and 2 if yuo dont deep strike them then they wont be able to walk across the board. and 3 you can throw them in a landraider for a total of around 650 pts with belial. thats almost half your army. but hey its all up to you just trying to give some helpful hints
    Dark Eldar 42/3/10
    Space Marines 26/0/1
    Eldar 0/0/0
    Tourney
    Dark Eldar 5/0/1

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

I saw some of your posts in the space marine section - mostly regarding the competitiveness of space marines.

Why do you play dark angels?

Out of all the armies currently available in the space marine range, DAs are without debate, the worst army. Why not play a more competitive army?

Space marines will be updated this fall, most likely receiving a massive Nerf, as did the DAs. However, chaos has also taken this hit, and come away ok, and when the dust settles from the transition from 4th edition to 5th, chaos will likely emerge as a reasonably powerful army.

Why not try playing a fallen army? Since after all, GW betrayed DA players its a good bit of fluff to get you started.

P.S. I noticed the D/A veterans boxed set includes a Ravenwing shoulder pad for terminators – I double checked it’s size. I thought only 1st company – deathwing had terminators.
    Only members of the Deathwing may use terminator armor. However not all member use it at all times. All members of the deathwing are also members of the first company. Members of the first company may join any other company. So a member or the death wing could join the ravenwing - Samuel is a member of the deathwing, and the inner circle. These individuals are rare however. Being a member of the ravenwing does not grant access to terminator armor. No member of the ravenwing who is only a member of the ravenwing, can use terminator armor.

Your army does not look particularly effective, mostly due to the horrible codex your using to make it. No offense to you of course.

Peace
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Ignore the doubters. Dark Angels are still competitive – providing you know what you are doing!

As to you list, I like it :thumbs up:. Just one observation - Belial's best weapon loadout is the twin lightning claws – why throw away good Init and rerolls too?

Cheers
    Z
    Keeper of the Dark Fortress
    Member of the Inner Circle
    Current armies: Deathwing and Grey Knights (I'd have more if my wife would let me)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes zuriel is right the army looks ok. oh and chaos is garbage. thats why all the old chaos players i've talked to have put them away until who knows when or they contiue to play and get owned all the time.
    Dark Eldar 42/3/10
    Space Marines 26/0/1
    Eldar 0/0/0
    Tourney
    Dark Eldar 5/0/1

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

I saw some of your posts in the space marine section - mostly regarding the competitiveness of space marines.
    - What me? i may have slated them if its in the context of a comparison and they don't match up, but i'm a fan, beleive me. (I may also have whinged about the DA codex being poor, however i'll cover this better later.)

Why do you play dark angels?
    - As they're a beauty to model, and i own some already. for competitiveness i would trot into a tourney with standard marines (I normally use the SM codex for bog standard games) but in a few months, with 5th's release along with the re-release of the SM codex. I want to be able to use the DA codex - where it's weaknesses wont be as pronounced (re cost for LasCnn etc) and it's abilitys will become really apparent with a prepared, lovingly painted, decently sized playable and competitive army.

Out of all the armies currently available in the space marine range, DAs are without debate, the worst army. Why not play a more competitive army?
    - Oh, and when picking up the codex to re-start i went in to get a Templar book and after talking to a staff member walked out with a DA codex (and the vets)

Space marines will be updated this fall, most likely receiving a massive Nerf, as did the DAs. However, chaos has also taken this hit, and come away ok, and when the dust settles from the transition from 4th edition to 5th, chaos will likely emerge as a reasonably powerful army.

Why not try playing a fallen army? Since after all, GW betrayed DA players its a good bit of fluff to get you started.
    - Your trying to corrupt me to the dark side! i will resist! Infidel! Burn The Heretic!

Only members of the Deathwing may use terminator armor. However not all member use it at all times. All members of the deathwing are also members of the first company. Members of the first company may join any other company. So a member or the death wing could join the ravenwing - Samuel is a member of the deathwing, and the inner circle. These individuals are rare however. Being a member of the ravenwing does not grant access to terminator armor. No member of the ravenwing who is only a member of the ravenwing, can use terminator armor.
    - Ok, but i'm still slightly confused as to why there's a Ravenwing Terminator shoulder pad on the sprue (and a Inquisition by the look of it).

Your army does not look particularly effective, mostly due to the horrible codex your using to make it. No offense to you of course.
    - none taken, the list could be done with a standard marine at less 20% cost, or with better choices (razorbacks etc) but it's: Troop Heavy DA 5th Ed WIP List 1500 Points (title)

I maybe should have been clearer that it's a Work in progress for 5th ed. - My rationale for troop heavy is that although i should run out and buy Land raider crusaders, they still fall flat when facing railguns etc. Everyone will probably overcompensate with the vehicle damage tables by shoving fistfulls of lascannons (at hideous cost) into their armys, so use no vehicles at all. (I have 2 painted rhinos, a predator and a razorback.)
    Besides I appreciate the idea of horde marine armys. And, all units bar Belial score, being troops (not many others will say that)

Peace

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Oh, if they give standard marines pistol & ccw i'm going to mail every single painted DA Marine I own, and the DA Codex to their head office, and stand with placard outside every GW store i can find (taking in turns over different weekends) ranting. Loudly. I really, really mean that. I will boycott them, their family and any association with them, and any of their pet's previous owners.
    Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant by this comment - posted on another thread.

PS, the 4th button from the right, allows you to quote text, much easier to read quoted text that way - compared with italics.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

+ Reply to Thread