1500 Assault Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Assault Marines

Space Marines are always portrayed as the elites of the Imperium, the surgical strike force of the military might of man in the 40k universe. In my opinion nothing epitomizes this more than assault marines.

In todays modern warfare, elite troops arer often deployed in covert ops using using High Altitude Low Opening parachute jumps to avoid detection and perform rapid insertion usually behind enemy lines. Translating this into the 40k universe I envisage marines equipped with jump packs dropping from their high orbit or high altitude Thunderhawk Gunship where they are needed. They would literally hurtle toward the planets surface until they absolutely had to employ their jump packs to slow their ascent and land.

This is my basic concept fluff and I was curious if it could be done in game with an army list. Having little 40k experience I was advised to use the Blood Angels list as they can take assault marines as troops. So heres my list;

Blood Angels HALO rapid insertion force

125 Lemartes

355 Veteran Assault Squad - 10 men

2 thunderhammers

2 melta guns

195 4 Death Company - 5 extra men

Jump Packs

275 Assault Squad - 10 men

Vet. Sergeant with powerfist

1500 points total - 50 assault marines

With little 40k gaming experience I doubt it will be a tourney winning list and to be honest I have so many projects in dire need of my attention, starting another gaming army would not be a good idea...

Last edited by Kich; February 29th, 2008 at 20:07.

+ Reply to Thread