1500pts space marine army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

1500pts space marine army list

Hey guys, i'm new here and as i was browsing for sample necron army losts i found this site, i loved the way it gave awsome advice and citiques to army lists, so i've signed up and wanted to show you guys my army list and see if you could improve it at all, anyway here it is, any advice gratefully acepted,

Chapter Master- mater crafted lightning claws, t.honours- 135

5 Command squad- apothercary with power fist, company champion, vetran sergant with power fist, all have terminator hounours and furious charge- 225
    Razorback- heavy bolter, extra armour, smoke luanchers, dozer blade-79

5 terminators- 2 assualt cannons-240

Dreadanought- - 105

10 man tactical squad, vetran sergant with power fist, plasma gun-190
    rhino- extra armour, smoke luanchers- 58

7 man tactical squad- vetran seragnt with power fist, heavy bolter-155

7 devastotors- 4 missile launchers- 185

predator annhilator- 2 lasconnon sponsors, 145

I like to think this list is competetive and can tale on most oppenents, My tactics ussually involve using a refused flank putting my fire base (7 man tactical squad, devastators and Pred) on 1 flank then put all assualt units on other while the dread and terminators next to them teaming up to provide fire surpport.

Last edited by gilli247; March 21st, 2008 at 21:07. Reason: changes

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Welcome to the site! I hope you like it here.

For the most part the looks good. I would be very cautious about taking that command squad though - lots of points invested in a small squad that will get shot to pieces. I would drop them and invest the points in building up the devastator squad and getting an assault squad/some other fast attack choice.

Also, I would drop the master crafted-ness of the Tactical Sergeant's Powerfist. Those points would be better spent on another marine for that squad (equal numbers for squads are always a good idea).

A pod for your dreadnought would also be nice.

Hope that helps friend, good luck with the list,

Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Thanks

i like having the coomand squad in the list because they can provede a killing blow or a devastaing counter charge, they also don't tend to get killed because there in the razorback and don't disembark till turn 3, while the tactical squad in turn 2, i also don't really like assault squad because i can't rely on them to ancor a flaank or capture a table quarter unsurported, which the command squad can, like the idea with master crafted, but it always misses if i don't

thanks for the advice and for welcoming me to the site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

I would drop a missile launcher from your devestator squad for a sixth marine. As the squad goes right now, the moment they lose two members you start losing your heavy weapons; whereas if you have three bolter marines than you have to lose four marines before your heavy weapons start to go away.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good army

I would drop the masted crafter power fist because you don't want to spend points on it in combat if you are going to use the heavy bolter alot or you could drop the heavy bolter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

hi guys

I've edited my list after a long time with a lot of thought and play testing. I've haven't been able to play many games, so thats why it took so long, any way I've edited the list so see what you think, I'm not sure weather I've got the wright number of men in each squad, should the devs have 8, shold the footslogers more men, any help will be welcome

Gilli

P.S look here for the Fluff: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...gon-fluff.html (Ice Dragon Fluff) , hopefully this will work.
    Last edited by gilli247; March 21st, 2008 at 21:47.
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you planning to do with the 7 man squad you said it will join your fire base if so why do you have the power fist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

hi

I thought having the power fist would me a good option in assault, and this squad proved effective in the 2 games I had on thursday, but I didn't assault once, so what should I spend the 30 points if I did get rid,

Gilli
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

+ Reply to Thread