1500 Inquisition Strike Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Inquisition Strike Force

Alright, after playing inquisition for a little while, I'm sitting down and making a army list... no wait, the army list, that I will strive for. I have alot of with hunters nowadays and I'm looking to add some grey knight sapport. I want to go for 1500 pts. So lets begin shall we.

( Note this is a with hunter Army with grey knights )

HQ

Canoness
    Blessed weapon,cloak of st. aspira,
    bolt pistol, book of st. Leucius
    100 pts.

Troop

Sister Squad I
    10 sisters, veteran superior, Imagifer
    Melta gun, Hvy Flamer
    166 pts.

Sister Squad II
    Melta gun, Hvy Flamer
    166 pts.

Grey Knight Squad I
    5 Grey Knights, Justicar, Incinerator
    160 pts.

Elite

Grey Knight Terminators
    Five Terminators, Justicar, Incinerator
    260 pts.

Fast

Dominion Squad
    Six Sisters, veteran superior with combi flamer,4 flamers, Immolater Transport with smoke launchers and extra armour
    201 pts.

Grey Knight Squad II
    160 pts.

Heavy

Exorcist I
    135 Pts

Exorcist II
    135 pts.

OK, That brings me up to 5 faith, and some grey knight fire sapport. Not an award winning list, but at least it's got a bit of a punch behind it. I would love to hear some feedback, dont hold back either. I also have a seraphim squad in case things should be changed ( which I'm sure they will ) I want this list to not only be functional, but fun... I was tempted to throw acro flagelents in, but they get pricy... I love fluff and so inquisition is fun in that aspect.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by element9867; March 14th, 2008 at 03:42.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

hi

umm nice army but I'm no vetran on witch hunters, where do you plan put the canoness? I think sisters will really benifit from rhinos as there only tough 3 compared to space marines, they'll go down a lot easier, I'd lose the grey night terminators and add a 5 women celstain squad for the cannoness as a retinue and then put in 2 rhinos for the sisters, this will give you mobility, and if you can afford it an immolator or rhino at worst, my suggetsions will give you:
    A. more faith points
    B. better mobility
    C more sisters, which can only be a good thing
    And D. lose a squad of expensiev models that won't pay its points back

As for fallegents, i don't rate them and the serphiams are good, in a 1500pt army i would put a squad in but you've gone for grey nights instead, as i said im no vetran on witch hunter so feel free to ignore me, and if you fell like cristising me back then i've recently posted my list on this forum,

Gilli
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Canoness – not a big fan of walking her, but since you have no Seraphs, I guess she has to stick with the squads.

SOB Troops – Too few of them in a squad to walk across the board – I think that you want 14 Sisters minimum. I have a friend who also plays walking SOBs, and he notoriously puts down three squads of 18 (Eviscerator, Book and two melta guns) in 1k games, plus Retributors, Inquisitor and a flying Canoness – those squads are tough to break! Also, it will be hard for you to position those heavy flamers since you do not use Rhinos.

GK Troops – You are getting 5 guys instead of 10 SOBs, that shill have to walk across the board (not Fast Attack, and even with Shrouding, bad things can happen). I would get another SOB squad, especially since you also have the Termies and teleporting GKs… Points would be almost the same here.

Termies – Expensive, would rather get another Exo and some Rhinos for the points, but this is your list.

Dominions – Flamers loose much of their punch after you drop two of them on a squad, hence I would just take two of them. If you want to accessorize your VSS, give her something else: plasma, melta, Eviscerator. With dropping the extra flamers and combi-flamer you should have ample points here…

GK Fast – bulk them up perhaps – that first turn when they arrive they will take a lot of dakka dakka from your adversary – need more bodies there.

Exos – give them Extra Armor if you can spare the points somewhere.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*Moved to army list section*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by element9867 View Post
    Alright, after playing inquisition for a little while, I'm sitting down and making a army list... no wait, the army list, that I will strive for. I have alot of with hunters nowadays and I'm looking to add some grey knight sapport. I want to go for 1500 pts. So lets begin shall we.

( Note this is a with hunter Army with grey knights )

HQ

Canoness
    Blessed weapon,cloak of st. aspira,
    bolt pistol, book of st. Leucius
    100 pts.

I personally like giving her a jump pack but that's up to you.

Troop

Sister Squad I
    Melta gun, Hvy Flamer
    166 pts.

Sister Squad II
    Melta gun, Hvy Flamer
    166 pts.

Grey Knight Squad I
    160 pts.

The Sisters equipment is alright, but they could use either Rhinos or more bodies.
    I'm sort of leaning towards the Rhinos because they would give your opponent a bit more to think about besides the Immolator speeding at them.

IMO, the Grey Knight squad is too small to do much. I'd drop the Incinerator, and add everyone to the FAGK squad.
    If you keep it as-is, then swap the Incinerator for a psycannon.

Elite

Grey Knight Terminators
    Five Terminators, Justicar, Incinerator
    260 pts.

I would drop the Incinerator.
    If they're deep-striking, swap it for a plain GKT or maybe one with a thunder hammer + storm shield.
    If they're foot slogging, then swap it for a psycannon, and if points allow, add a psycannon to the Captain.

Fast

Dominion Squad
    Six Sisters, veteran superior with combi flamer,4 flamers, Immolater Transport with smoke launchers and extra armour
    201 pts.

Grey Knight Squad II
    160 pts.

Dominions - what Smok said.

See my suggestion for GK squad 1.

Heavy

Exorcist I
    135 Pts

Exorcist II
    135 pts.

Extra armor would be nice.

OK, That brings me up to 5 faith, and some grey knight fire sapport. Not an award winning list, but at least it's got a bit of a punch behind it. I would love to hear some feedback, dont hold back either. I also have a seraphim squad in case things should be changed ( which I'm sure they will ) I want this list to not only be functional, but fun... I was tempted to throw acro flagelents in, but they get pricy... I love fluff and so inquisition is fun in that aspect.

Seraphim are good.
    Arcos are fun, but them and Grey Knights combined (not to mention the priest needed for the Arcos) is going to eat up too many points.
    Thanks in advance!
    Hope this helps
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

+ Reply to Thread