Competitive, balanced, 1,000 Point - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Competitive, balanced, 1,000 Point

It's my first list using the updated codex, but I'm hoping to achieve what the title says.

HQ
    Terminator Armor
    Frag+Melta bombs
    Power Weapon
    Storm Bolter
    Auspex
    Total: 130 Points

Elites

Vulnerable Dreadnaught

Total: 125 Points

Troops

x2 Tactical Squads (10)
    Each one w/ Missile Launcher

Scout Squad (

x4 heavy Bolters, x4 Sniper Rifles

Total: 464 Points

Fast Attack

Assault Squad (5)
    Melta bombs

Total: 120 Points

Heavy Support

Predator Anniahlator
    Smoke
    Lascannon Sponsoons
    Extra Armor

Total: 153 Points

Final Total: 992/1,000 Points

Any comments welcome. I want a balanced list, so don't say anything like: just play all-bikes! or just play all-assault! I don't like that.

Cheers:party2:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

hi

Hi, heres a few suggestions for your list,

HQ Terminator Armor Frag+Melta bombs, Power Weapon ,Storm Bolter, Auspex

I don't know what your planning to do with this guy, as he's in termie armour and theres no termies, I think he need'd re-working, a bit of old combo but a Chaplian with jump pack would be good to go withh assault marines.

Vulnerable Dreadnaught

I like him.

x2 Tactical Squads (10)

These guys are fine but a rhino plasma gun and vet sergant would be a better option, as it will give you a lot more mobiltity and more punch

Scout Squad ( x4 heavy Bolters, x4 Sniper Rifles

Not sold on the scouts, I would lode these to pay for the rhinos etc.

Assault Squad (5)
    Melta bombs

In 1000pts I acept the small size but would be better to drop the melta bombs for more men,

Predator Anniahlator Smoke Lascannon Sponsoons Extra Armor

I don't think you need smoke on a pred, and consider an autocannon turret to get another assualt marine

To summerise I would excange the HQ for a chaplain, take out the scouts for rhinos and vet sergs/plasma guns for the troops, and lose the melta bomb and any other saveble points to get at least 7 assualt marines. My suggetsions will give you more mobility, and CC punch post if you change anything and I hope it helps,

Gilli
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by General Thaddeus View Post
    Terminator Armor
    Frag+Melta bombs
    Power Weapon
    Storm Bolter
    Auspex
    First while this is a nice list of wargear and weapons, models in terminator armour cannot take frag grenades or meltabombs as there is no T next to them (which is an indicator of what models in terminator armour may take.)

Second, you have this list of stuff for your HQ, but which one are you running? Take everything away and its to cheap to be a chaplain or librarian yet to expensive to be a commander. (Take everything away and you have 77pts spent on the base character, a bit much if a master was your aim.)

If you are going for a gun heavy marine army, than a master or captain is the way to go to make use of their leadership and counter-assault abilities. A chaplain is amongst the best for assault oriented armies thanks to his close combat special rules, and the librarian can be made for all around annoyance amongst other things.

As Gilli pointed out, this would be the only model you have in terminator armour, so I would suggest leaving that at home and going with a power armoured alternative. (Competative wise, a jump pack chaplain with an assault squad is one of the better options.)

Vulnerable Dreadnaught
    I don't know about vulnerable dreadnoughts, but I do like venerable dreadnoughts.:rofl

You have some extra points, so why not give this guy extra armour? Its better to keep him moving if he can't fire than to have him just stand there.

x2 Tactical Squads (10)
    If the purpose of these squads is to guard the missiles launchers then this is overkill; ten bodies do not need to guard one heavy weapon. (Two or three is generally accepted when it comes to marines.)

If they are just going to have missile launchers, then I'd drop the numbers down to five each and use the remaining ten to form another squad, maybe removing two and putting in a powerfist sergeant for some close combat punch.

Scout Squad (
    x4 heavy Bolters, x4 Sniper Rifles
    This squad is illegal; the weapons option for scouts states that "up to one [scout] may be armed with a heavy bolter or missile launcher." Since this isn't four squads of scouts, you can't possible give them four heavy bolters.

If you are going with the sniper rifles though, then I'd suggest the four you have and a missile launcher to compliment them. The launcher is good at both armour hunting and anti-infantry and can harm the same types of targets as sniper weapons. (And though its very hard for them, sniper weapons can do some damage to armour if you are very lucky.)

Assault Squad (5)
    Melta bombs
    This squad really needs more bodies or not to be here at all. They eat 12% of your points total and can be shot to pieces very easily because of their low numbers. (Where some squads want to/benefit from lower model count per squad, these guys want the higher body count.)

Predator Anniahlator
    Smoke
    Lascannon Sponsoons
    Extra Armor
    I agree with Gilli about not needing the smoke launchers on the pred; sure, if someone stops it from firing then it would be good to pop smoke and keep it from getting killed off, but if the pred isn't firing then you should probably have it moving to get out of sight of whatever was shooting at it if at all possible.

As a side note, all biker lists can be pretty well balanced; equip half the bikers with power weapons, flamers, and plasma guns for anti-infantry and the other half power fists and meltaguns for anti-tank (alone with taking land speeders and attack bikes.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

+ Reply to Thread