1500 Points Inquisitor's Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

1500 Points Inquisitor's Army List

I've always wanted to make a list that is based on the idea of an inquisitor and his private army. This is the first inception of the list, what do you think.

HQ-
    Inquisitor Lord - Liber Hereisus, Psychic Hood, Stormbolter, Hammerhand
    Warriors x3 - Heavy Bolter
    Sage x1
    Familiar x3
    Land Raider

Trp-
    IST x10 - Vet. x/Powerweapon + Bolt Pistol, Plasmagun x2
    Rhino - Smoke and Armor

IST x10 - Vet. x/Powerweapon + Bolt Pistol, Meltagun x2
    Rhino - Smoke and Armor

Infantry Platoon
    Command Squad w/ Grenade Launcher x4
    Squad w/ Lascannon
    Squad w/ Missile Launcher

Infantry Platoon
    Command Squad w/ Grenade Launcher x4
    Squad w/ Lascannon
    Squad w/ Missile Launcher

Leman Russ w/ Heavy Bolter x3

I know it's a bit too guard but I think the differences can make it work. Land Raider is a whole new beast with accurate lascannon fire. Liber Heresus lets infantry take better cover. Rhinos are better than chimeras for advancing Storm troopers.

What do you think?

Last edited by librisrouge; March 21st, 2008 at 05:54.
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

I kind of like this list

Two things I would change though:
    1) Acolytes w/ carapce would help make the retinue a bit more survivable. Alternatively (or additionally), Chirurgeons could be added and the Lord could be equipped with carapace armor.
    2) At 31pts each, the IST veterans aren't really worth it, IMO. I'd spend the points on something else.
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Yeah - Power Weapons for S3 models that do not hit that often are not a good buy IMHO...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

If I were to just remove the Vets. what would I spend the points on to give me SOMETHING that can take a marine in CC. I've actually gottten lucky in the past and taken a librarian out with a vet. so they do have a soft spot for me and I'm loath to get rid of them without something to do their role. BTW, the role of the two IST squads is basically my assault/fire support element.
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Hi

Good list, execpt the HQ, I mean, its got a 250 land raider to start with, a big waste of points for a not super effective combat unit, also your paying the points for heavy bolters and you can't fire them since your in a tank half the time. Finally you need an extra combat weapon that will give you a bounus attack in CC (I know hammerhand gives you it anyway but what if you fail). So heres what I suggest:
    1. lose the land raider and get another rhino for your lord, After that A second leman russ would be nice or another infantry platoon
    2. Only get one familliar, get crusaders instead of the heavy bolter gun servitors, this will give you 5 henchmen and so a majority 4+ invunreble save, save you 27 points and get you a much improved CC unit
    3. Give the inquistor lord a bolt pistol
    Hope these suggestions help, the list itself is very good, but the HQ definatly needs re-thinking and I've given you a few ideas

Gilli
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I appreciate the ideas and comments. I do have a few counter arguements though, so please debate me if you think I'm wrong.

1. lose the land raider and get another rhino for your lord, After that A second leman russ would be nice or another infantry platoon
    The purpose of the Raider isn't as a transport. It's primarily as a battle tank/moble cover. I'd still consider your point except I can't take a 2nd Russ (looked into it when forming this list but I can't. CURSE YOU GW!!!!)
    2. Only get one familliar, get crusaders instead of the heavy bolter gun servitors, this will give you 5 henchmen and so a majority 4+ invunreble save, save you 27 points and get you a much improved CC unit
    The familiars are cheap wounds to extend the life of the Lord and Retinue. I do like the idea of turning the lord's unit into a CCW unit, in leu of the the Vets.
    3. Give the inquistor lord a bolt pistol
    If I give him a pistol he still has only one attack as the other weapon is a stormbolter.

If you can think of anything else speak up, I'll be posting a revised list soon.
    Last edited by librisrouge; March 23rd, 2008 at 04:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

hi

I made a lot of suggetions there, I wondering what your new list will be like, I think you should still drop the land raider, there is more useful stuuf in the list then the expensive tank. I also think you should re-work the retiune, if you keep the familairs you lose the majority 4+ invun save, mabye put in 1 familliar and 1 more crusader, that will give your insitor an amazing weapon skill with +4 to it and 7 ininative? With the saved points from the land raider I think you need some AT so mabye some gaurd support squads with heavy bolters and lascannon? basilisks are good?

Gilli
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

If you're going to turn the retinue into an assault unit, then a combat servitor or two would be nice, especially if you're worried about marines - The fist wounds on 2's and your I3 guys would be striking last anyways.
    Acolytes w/ mancatchers are good if you plan on doing some character hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by gilli247 View Post
    I made a lot of suggetions there, I wondering what your new list will be like, I think you should still drop the land raider, there is more useful stuuf in the list then the expensive tank. I also think you should re-work the retiune, if you keep the familairs you lose the majority 4+ invun save, mabye put in 1 familliar and 1 more crusader, that will give your insitor an amazing weapon skill with +4 to it and 7 ininative? With the saved points from the land raider I think you need some AT so mabye some gaurd support squads with heavy bolters and lascannon? basilisks are good?

Gilli
    Unfortunately,
    -Any number of familiars still only gives +1 initiative. Similarily, any number of warriors only gives +1WS.
    -Guard support squads can't be taken.
    -Same for Bassies
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

As much as I appreciate all the advice you've given me in my quest to decide what army to go for, I've decided upon the Wolves of Russ and probably won't be updating this post any more. Thanks for all the rock solid advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice, I like it alot. I understand sister heavy lists but they are a little too common for my liking. Anyway I also can see why you would take the land raider but I also can think of some goodies you could take instead. Mainly Assassins. Either maybe an eversor w/ some Death Cult Assassins or a callidus?
    Last edited by RocketRollRebel; March 27th, 2008 at 15:09.
    40k armies
    Imperial Guard-3,250pts
    Blood Angels-2,000pts
    Daemon Hunters-2,000pts

+ Reply to Thread