1500pt IG list (needs filling out) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

1500pt IG list (needs filling out)

Hi all,

Here's my first Guard list for critique. It's meant to be sort of a take-all-comers list, but I play mostly Marines/Chaos, so I cheated a little in that regard. I also am building this list with an eye towards 5th Edition...which is why there are no sponsons on the Russes!

Command Squad: Heroic Senior officer with laspistol, power weapon, Iron Discipline. Veteran with company standard. Three guard with lasguns; mortar. 96pts

2 x Infantry Platoon 225pts each
    Junior Officer with laspistol, close combat weapon, ID. Four guard with lasguns; mortar.
    Two Infantry Squads with missile launcher, plasma gun.

Fast Attack

2 x Sentinels with autocannons. 100pts
    2 x Sentinels with autocannons. 100pts
    2 x Sentinels with autocannons, one with improved comms. 120pts

Heavy Support

2 x Russes with battlecannon, lascannon. 155 each, 310 total
    1 x Basilisk with indirect fire. 125

That's 1301pts there. Not too many bodies yet, and a conspicuous lack of mobile infantry (which I'll need in 5th to take objectives, table quarters, etc). What should I add/subtract?

Doctrines wise, I am taking ID, close order...and undecided. I don't really want to take drop troops just because it's kind of a crutch.

2. Remove Advertisements

New York
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

9 (x1)

hmmm light infantry would be maybe a good idea for taking objectives? If not that you could add on a armored fist squad for objective taking.

I dont know how this will work in 5th edition but if you really want a fairly cheap objective taking "troop" you could take either WH/DH IST's in a Rhino or Sisters in a Rhino? Could work out nicely.

hope this helps!
    40k armies
    Imperial Guard-3,250pts
    Blood Angels-2,000pts
    Daemon Hunters-2,000pts

+ Reply to Thread