1500 point friendly. Forgeworld tanks and stormtrooper army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

1500 point friendly. Forgeworld tanks and stormtrooper army.

I've been meaning to do this for a while, i'm going to use Death Korps as stormtroopers. I looked at the Death Korps and seing as they have hellguns and capapace i thought they'd make good stormtroopers. The army is mostly for looks, all units being joined by a Commissar.

So i will be using the Imperial Guard rule book for my HQ and troops with forgeworld tanks using Imperial Armour volume one/update.

Is it right that i can use stormtroopers as compulsary troops (with the doctrines) or have i made a huge mistake?

HQ
    Heroic Senior officer w/ master crafted power fist, plasma pistol, refracter field, medallion crimson, carapspace.
    Master vox caster.
    Standard bearer
    Plasma gun 190
    +TRANSPORT (CHRIMERA w/ Multi Laser, Heavy bolter) 85

1 Commissar w/power fist 60

ELITES _
    Storm trooper squad (10 men)w/ 2 plasma guns, veteran sergeant w/ power weapon and plasma pistol (infiltrate) 152

Storm trooper squad (10 men)w/ 2 meltaguns, veteran sergeant w/ power weapon and plasma pistol (infiltrate) 152

TROOPS
    Storm trooper squad (10 men) w/ 2 plasma guns, veteran sergeant w/ power weapon and plasma pistol 142

Storm trooper squad (10 men)w/ 2 plasma guns, veteran sergeant w/ power weapon and plasma pistol 142

FAST ATTACK _
    HELLHOUND

HEAVY SUPPORT (FORGEWORLD)_
    Destroyer Tank Hunter w/ smoke launcher 175

Enclosed Basilisk w/ smoke launcher 125

Thunderer Siege tank w/ smoke launcher 155

DOCTRINES:
    STORM TROOPERS
    GRENADIERS
    (DON’T KNOW WHAT ELSE)

Last edited by DoctorDogmeat; March 28th, 2008 at 16:25.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

thats the smallest amount of guys ive seen in an IG army of that size. that could be a problem, i have a feling that theyll get torn apart. the tanks will probebly draw all the fire though, so... how do you plan to take objectives?
    also, 4 commissars are a little execeve, 1 works fine, or none. use the points to get more storm troorpers or a platoon
    For someone to deal as much damage as you did, the Emperor must surely be at your side. - MaxDv
    107th Regiment, 5th Armored Battle Group- 5500pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 (x4)

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, i could do away with all the commissars i guess. Perhaps for a hellhound and a 10 man stormtrooper squad with melta guns?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

that sounds good, but who are your opponents?

If your fighting marines or the like, the hellound would work, but not as well. id even get more storm troopers if you can.

oh, and yes, you can use ST as troops with the grenadier doctrine, though they cand deep strike or infiltrate. also, the enclosed basilisk is not needed, though the model is cool, unless your using it as an assault gun

also, i just saw the banner, you dont nead a banner and a vox, so drop one

hope this helps
    For someone to deal as much damage as you did, the Emperor must surely be at your side. - MaxDv

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 (x4)

Thanks, right i've updated my list.

I like the forgeworld Hellhound so, i've gone for one of those in my list now (i sometimes play Tyranid), also fitted in a chimera (For command squad/commissar). That gives me the ability to get up close and have some desperate combat, simple fun. Imagine my 6 man HQ squad charging into a mass of Space Marines!

Well, I play Death Guard, Tzeentch, Undivided Chaos, Dark angels, Blood Angels, Necron, standard Space Marines and Nids. Lots of 2+/3+ saves. Thats why all my heavy support are AP2 i think, aswell as my special weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

it looks pretty goodm the last thing is, im a little worried about your tanks. they're going to draw alot of fire, can you give them extra armor? otherwise i think your ready.
    ;Y;Y;Y

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

I don't really see the need for a master vox, since your operator doesn't really have anyone to talk to! A standard would be more useful, as well as Iron Discipline.
    Also, you may need to recheck your points. IIRC, a Thunderer w/ smoke launchers should be cheaper, the Basilisk should cost a little more, etc.
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

+ Reply to Thread