[1000] Sisters of Battle with inducted Imperial Guard ! HELP ! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000] Sisters of Battle with inducted Imperial Guard ! HELP !

Hello,

This is my first army list. I like the look of a mixed army. But I donít know if this will work or not. My requirements to take a Leman Russ and Vostroyan Guard in a 1000 pts Sob army seems to be difficult. Some things I do like is all metal Troops, but the downfall is by having 10 Guardsmen with Lasguns using Vostroyans there will be several duplicate models in the same squad which I donít like. Also I am not much of a fan of the Rhinos look unless I get the Sob conversion kit from Forgewold which will be very expensive. So I wanted to know if Rhinos are a must have or not. And which special weapons to equip and where they go. Because my local GW store recommend to take both Sisters with Rhinos and then Meltaguns in the Armoured Fist Squads. Problem is they donít make Vostroyans with Meltaguns! I wish to do as little converting as possible to cut corners with my army to focus mostly on the painting. In the end I want a strong and fun army to play with. If anyone has experience to help me make a better army list or fix what I have here that would be much appreciated by this week, so I know which models I need to order to get my army started asap!

The Dreaded Vapors
    (Sisters of Battle with inducted Imperial Guard)
    HQ

Adepta Sororitas Heroine
    Canoness (Bolt Pistol)
    46 pts

Troops

Battle Sister Squad
    Sister Superior and nine Battle Sisters (Bolters, Meltagun, Heavy Flamer)
    Rhino (Storm Bolter, Extra Armour)
    170 pts

Battle Sister Squad
    Sister Superior and nine Battle Sisters (Bolters, Meltagun, Heavy Flamer)
    Rhino (Storm Bolter, Extra Armour)
    170 pts

Armoured Fist Squad
    Sergeant and nine Guardsmen (Lasguns)
    Chimera (Heavy Flamer, Heavy Bolter)
    145 pts

Armoured Fist Squad
    Sergeant and nine Guardsmen (Lasguns)
    Chimera (Heavy Flamer, Heavy Bolter)
    145 pts

Heavy Support

Exorcist (Exorcist Launcher)
    135 pts

Leman Russ Battle Tank (Battle Cannon, Lascannon)
    155 pts

Total 1000 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like it could work. There's only one problem you've done some slight miscalculations a sister squad with Rhinos goes (in your case) for 'bout 200pts not 170. This takes your points up to 1030pts, (yep for some reasons your army went for 970pts not 1000). This could be fixed by exchanging the LR lascannon for a Hbultah still being 20pts short you'd have to switch the heavy flamers for flamers in your SoB squads and remove one of the meltaguns. I'd consider giving the Cannoness a Bolter or maybe stormbolter as she'll be slightly stranded on here own with a BP. You could drop the Rhinos giving you 10 more sisters splitting up to the total of 2 units with 15 sisters on foot. It could be a choice to consider as then the Cannoness could bump up with one of the units. It's up to you if you'd like to run a fully mech army or could imagine using some walking peeps.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

An alternative to forgeworld for adding some interest to your rhinos is to just get immolator kits. They can be used to build a regular rhino as well as an immolator (or switch between the two with a handy magnet.) The rhino pictured on p54 of Codex:WH is just an immolator without the turret on.

I think your army is stretched way too thin to squeeze in the guardsmen. No veteran superiors, no weapons for the guardsmen, you've got a lot of points tied up in squads that have no hitting power used just to fill 'mandatory' slots. I would personally drop the exorcist entirely and use all those points to get some special and heavy weapons for the guardsmen, give the canoness a decent weapon, and buy veterans for the sister squads.

Also as noted you need to double check all your point values and math, there are some errors in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay thanks, for the tips. I then started over to make a new army list!

The Rhinos were cheap Hondas and with your Sisters in them I didnít take a second look, so I left them out to hang dry! But the risky gender change to Storm Troopers might be just dangerousÖ because after that they might be a bit gym worn with 4+ save. So giving them Plasma is like feeding them steroids; they can infiltrate behind Cover from a Chimera giving some heavy punch to knockout heavyweights. I can then blow some smoke rings off the Chimera to go ahead and Flame out innocent victims with leisure. The Canoness has the power of a Bi*ch to rape some Armour solo. While I can Assault troops with Seraphims they can now maybe teach a little Faith at Sunday school. The Tanks are my Ferraris they can just park in a showroom and Race anything in their path!

This list has more potential than my last one with more flexibility I think, but this is just what I think I still need some more feedback please!

The Dreaded Vapors
    (Sisters of Battle with inducted Imperial Guard)

HQ

Adepta Sororitas Heroine: Canoness with Inferno Pistol, Cloak of St. Aspira, and a Jump Pack.
    100 points

Troops

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers: five Storm Troopers with three Hellguns with targeter, two Plasma guns, and frag grenades.
    70 points

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers: five Storm Troopers with three Hellguns with targeter, two Plasma guns, and frag grenades.
    70 points

Armoured Fist Squad: Sergeant and nine Guardsmen with nine Lasguns and a Plasma gun; mounted in a Chimera with turret-mounted Heavy flamer, hull-mounted Heavy bolter, extra armour, and smoke launchers.
    163 points

Armoured Fist Squad: Sergeant and nine Guardsmen with nine Lasguns and a Plasma gun; mounted in a Chimera with turret-mounted Heavy flamer, hull-mounted Heavy bolter, extra armour, and smoke launchers.
    163 points

Fast Attack

Seraphim Squad: Veteran Superior and four Seraphim with three twin Bolt pistols, two twin hand Flamers, and frag and krak grenades.
    134 points

Heavy Support

Exorcist: with Exorcist launcher and extra armour.
    140 points

Leman Russ Battle Tank: with turret-mounted Battle cannon, hull-mounted Lascannon, and extra armour.
    160 points

Total: one thousand points and three faith points with forty models.
    Last edited by sodatoys; March 31st, 2008 at 05:58.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another question, is should I leave the Tank options like this to better Assault? Or should I drop the extra armour upgrades and a couple of Plasma guns in favor of the Heavy Bolter side sponsers on the Russ and have Multi-lasers and Heavy Stubbers on the Chimeras?

+ Reply to Thread