2000 pts Ravenwing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts Ravenwing

Thinking about collecting a raven wing army for a tournament in nov. This is what I came up with after messing with army builder. Seems to be a pretty strong list. Advice is much appreciated.

HQ
    Sammael, Master of the Ravenwing
    205 pts

TROOPS
    Sammael's Ravenwing Attack Squadron
    6 Bikes - 2 Meltaguns, 1 Powerfist
    265 pts

Ravenwing Attack Squadron
    6 Bikes - 2 Melta guns
    1 Attack Bike - 1 Multi melta
    1 Landspeeder - Heavy bolter & Assault Cannon
    390 pts

6 Bikes - 2 Melta guns
    390 pts

6 Bikes - 2 Melta guns
    390 pts

FAST ATTACK
    Ravenwing Support Squadron
    1 Landspeeder - Multi melta & Assault Cannon
    100 pts

100 pts

165 pts

TOTAL 2005

Smite the enemy, thank the aillies!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a fun list. The only thing I'm uncertain on is, is the majority of your bikes going to be just runnin around shooting stuff, or are you planning on them seeing combat? if they are to see combat, I'd drop one of the land speeders for some power wpns. Other than that, I'd play it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I can't say I have experience with a army like this, but I'm hoping that only Sammael and his guard will be in combat. Rest will hoping be able to avoid combat therefore not needing to be given power weapons/fists, thats the theory at least.

Does anyone with some ravenwing experience have any idea if this could work competitively in a small tournament setting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, first thing I have to ask is. Do you have the Dark Angels' Codex?

HQ: What is Sammel on? His jet bike or land speeder? I would recommend him being on his land speeder, how can you pass up that nice amour and twin linked weapons?

Troops: For Sammel's personal favorite squad, I would give them an apothecary, he will come in handy, trust me. If you can also throw in another attack bike with a multi melta.

The other squads look nice, only advice I would say is try and fit in some power weapons/power fists in your squads. Because sooner or later they will probably be locked in combat and that power weapon/fist will come in handy.

Fast Attack: I have yet to try the multi melta and assault cannon combo, but it looks like it can do well. But I would still suggest turning atleast one of the squads into the heavy bolter/assault cannon, for a little more anti horde.

For your last land speeder squad, the one that has 2 speeders, I would drop the second speeder and use its points for some of the things I said earlier in the post.

Oh and if you are looking to using this list in the tournament, will have to shave off that extra five points. It's ok to be under the limit, but not over. Just think of it as driving, you can drive under the speed limit without getting caught, but once you go over, you better be careful and start slowing down.

This is just another idea. You can have one of your squads dedicated into going into close combat. But what you need to do that is to have a Chaplin on a bike, attach them to that squad you want to be close combat type. Probably give them flamers instead of melta gun, and give the leader eaither a power fist or power weapon. I haven't tried it yet but it should do peaty well.
    Last edited by Orange Dragon; April 3rd, 2008 at 15:46.

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No codex as yet, I really want to have some kind of assurance that I want to collect a army before I start spending. Do have the SM one if it means anything.

I'll drop the extra speeder and see what else I can fit in, then I'll think about beefing up a squad for CC. Will repost it when I remake it. :happy:

EDIT: I don't know what to put Sammel in, might as well go with a land speeder (even though the jet bike model does look kinda cool)
    Last edited by rotfang; April 3rd, 2008 at 23:55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a list with some little changes, dropped the extra landspeeder as advised and put in a apothecary and attack bike. This does keep me at 2005 pts, the small tournaments generally allow 5 pts less/more but i can exchange the power fist for a power weapon if I need to get under 2000. So what do you think? better now?

HQ
    Sammael, Master of the Ravenwing
    205 pts

TROOPS
    Sammael's Ravenwing Attack Squadron
    5 Bikes - 2 Meltaguns, 1 Powerfist
    1 Apothecary
    1 Attack Bike - Multi Melta
    330 pts

6 Bikes - 2 Melta guns
    390 pts

6 Bikes - 2 Melta guns
    390 pts

6 Bikes - 2 Melta guns
    390 pts

FAST ATTACK
    100 pts

100 pts

100 pts

TOTAL 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks preaty good. Sence your tournament place allows you 5 points over then thats fine with me. 8Y

The Apothecary will be really useful. Sence your mainly a shooty army, you will likely be getting shot at, and with as few models as you will have compaired to your opponet, that one save wound a turn will come in handy.

With all that melta around, you most defenately will have no trouble with tanks. :rofl

I think you should have all your speeders with Heavy bolter/Assault cannons. Because you have A LOT of melta/multi melta weapons. Have your attackbikes as your primary tank hunters, and your normal bikes with melta guns as back up. Your speeders (includeing the master) are going to be your main infantry killers. If you focus fire with your speeders you will no doubt kill one if not two squads a turn.

So basicly it will go like this:

Attack Bike - Primary tank hunters

Land Speeders (includeing master) - Primary infantry killers

Regular Bikes - Back up tank hunters(melta-gun), and back up infantry killers(twin-linked bolters)

I wish you luck in building and playing with your army. Have fun! :happy:

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

+ Reply to Thread