1k Guard - 1st Attempt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k Guard - 1st Attempt

I've been looking at the dexes to figure out how to build my first 40k army, and this is what I came up with for 1000 points of guard:

Doctrines: close order drill, grenadiers, iron discipline

Command Platoon @ 275 Pts
    Command Squad @ [85] Pts
    Junior Officer w/ Iron Discipline; Honorifica Imperialis
    Guardsmen w/ Vox Caster; Mortar
    Anti-Tank Squad w/ Lascannon (x3) @ [110] Pts
    Mortar Squad w/ Mortar (x3) @ [80] Pts

Infantry Platoon @ 257 Pts
    Command Squad @ [81] Pts
    Junior Officer w/ Iron Discipline
    Guardsmen w/ Vox Caster; Plasmagun (x2)
    Medic
    Infantry Squad @ [88] Pts
    Vox Caster; Grenade Launcher; Missile Launcher
    Infantry Squad @ [88] Pts
    Vox Caster; Grenade Launcher; Missile Launcher

7 Grenadiers @ 198 Pts
    Vox Caster; Plasmagun (x2)
    Sergeant
    Chimera w/ Extra Armour; Smoke Launchers; Multilaser; Hull Heavy Bolter @ [93] Pts

Heavy Support: Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Leman Russ Battle Tank @ 145 Pts
    Battle Cannon; Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter

Heavy Support: Basilisk
    Basilisk @ 125 Pts
    Earthshaker Cannon; Hull Heavy Bolter; Indirect Fire Capability

Total Roster Cost: 1000

The infantry platoon, AT squad and the russ form the main firebase, with the basilisk, mortars and command squad tucked away somewhere safe, and the grenadiers acting as a a hole-plugger or weakness exploiter.

TBH, I'd really like to build something based off of drop troops, mechanized, or grenadiers, but I think this list seems to be the most reliable of the bunch (not that I have much experience in the matter, though), not to mention gives a good variety of models for future expansion.

Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Right lets have a look at this list then...

The doctrines seem sound although maybe add in drop troops for the platoon command squad to use.

The HQ seems fine and the support squads ok. The voix caster may not be needed as you have close order drill and iron discipline. The army you have isn't that big either so I'd say drop the vox network unless you really really want it.

The platoon is a nice simple setup that will work well and can take on a variety of tasks. The command squad may want to be droppe din due to its special weapons so perhaps take drop troops for this as suggested above.

The rest of the list seems sound however You need to get some sponsons on the russ. Either drop a grenadier or the vox network to get the points for this. If you lose the vox network you can get extra armour for the russ aswell.

This is a good start to a guard army and has all of the essentials. Carry on like this and you shoudl be fine.

Hope that helps

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

I agree with the Commisar about vox. It probably isn't necessary, but if you really want to take it, you're doing it the right way. Tuck him away with a mortar and let him lead from the rear.

I would suggest that you drop the basilisk and get a hellhound. Not only are hellhounds great tanks, but it's one more thing your enemy has to divide his fire between. While a basilisk is dangerous, it isn't too difficult to get inside indirect fire range if you've only got one. Three tanks at 1000 points is quite a few, and a Hellhound is really really good at dealing with infantry.
    I think you need to spend more time on your floor.

2500 Black Templars
    7-3-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, a hellhound is needed.

+ Reply to Thread