1500 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts

This is my little brothers army list, he wanted to see what people thought of it and how he could improve it.

HQ

Chapter master- master crafted lightening claw, combi melta,
    terminator honours
    Command squad- sergeant- power fist
    - apothecary
    - company champion
    - standard bearer- power weapon
    - melta gun
    - all have terminator honours
    - all have furious charge
    - Razorback- lascannon

Elites

5Terminators- assault cannon
    - cyclone missile launcher

Troops

10Space marines- sergeant- power fist, plasma pistol
    - plasma gun
    - rhino- extra armour
    6Space marines- sergeant- power fist, plasma pistol
    - plasma gun
    - plasma cannon

Heavy support

8Devastators- 2missile launchers
    -2lascannons
    Predictor annihilator- side sponson lascannons

Any comments are wellcome8Y

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Hi

O.k sorry to say this but the list is not brill, I'll try to help out but since your bro is pretty stuborn (don't mean that in a mean way at all so sorry if it offends you) so will he actually change anything. Anyway heres some suggestions on how to improve it:

Chapter master- master crafted lightening claw, combi melta,
    terminator honours

Command squad- sergeant- power fist
    - apothecary
    - company champion
    - standard bearer- power weapon
    - melta gun
    - all have terminator honours
    - all have furious charge
    - Razorback- lascannon

O.k commander first lose combi melta for definate, you also need an extra lightning claw to get the +1 attack so I'd get another one of them, alternitaly a simple power weapon bolt pistol would be good,

The command squad is pretty pricey, but I like that though many people won't, I'd drop company bearer as hes useless IMO, I'd also drop the melta gun give termie hounours to only the company champion anbd finally go with heavy bolter on the razorback to save a hefty 80pts and probaly improve the squad.

5Terminators- assault cannon
    - cyclone missile launcher

2 assualt cannons everytime, a squad is better when it focuses on a certain role and giving them a missile launcher contridicts that,

10Space marines- sergeant- power fist, plasma pistol
    - plasma gun

- rhino- extra armour
    6Space marines- sergeant- power fist, plasma pistol
    - plasma gun
    - plasma cannon

First squad is good, though drop the sargs PP and give the rhino smoke launchers

The second squad would be nice with a lascannon in there but plas cannon is good and'll cause damage,defo drop the serg completly as he's a waste of 40pts

8Devastators- 2missile launchers
    -2lascannons

Predictor annihilator- side sponson lascannons

Heavy support is good, I'd probaly go for all missile luanchers though to make the squad more versitle and to save points,

In all if you downgrade the command squad and the troops aswell as the heavy support you've got enough room for a dread which would be really good and would give you some more much needed armour and a very competative list, although then it'd be virtually the same as mine, hey ho

Gilli
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i would personally try to find a way to add more men in, i mean marines are already easily out numbered. So i always try to squeeze as many normal marines as possible, perhaps loose the power fists on the sergents and shave some points off the C- Squad.
    Erk.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

I agree with pretty much all the advice here. The HQ choice you have can be a tough one, as a command squad takes finesse to use effectively, but you'll have a more characterful HQ for sure, and that's just as important

I like that second tactical squad, but I agree that if you're going to go heavy like this, use a lascannon. Don't screw around.

Likewise, a dev squad will all one type of weapon is usually better anyway, and using missiles gives you the freedom to decide from turn to turn what you want it to kill, tanks or infantry.

I also agree about the terminators, but not necessarily on the assault cannons. Unless you're teleporting them in, they'll be at a distance for a few turns, and missile launchers are an interesting option I don't see that often. Assault cannons work too, especially if you want the termies to get into close combat quickly. Your call. Above all, don't mix weapon types. Make up your mind.

Dreads are nice. Get one if you can. The pred is good, but be aware it won't be moving much if you want to make the most of it. If this bothers you, consider using heavy bolter sponsons instead. You'll still have antitank power(the turret), and it's more mobile.

EDIT: Also, if you're looking to shave points, don't ditch the power fists, as has been suggested. They're good for sergeants to have. Plasma pistols, on the other hand, are a bad idea, especially if your sergeant has an expensive power fist. One bad roll and he takes out that pretty assault weapon all by himself. It's different on the grunts. They're more expendable, but not the sarge.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

+ Reply to Thread