Librarium Online Forums banner

500pt (The final touch)

306 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  B-Chief 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey, I've finished my new army list because I became a bit sick of my "sit-back-and-shoot" list. But I've got 70 points left and I'm not sure were to spend it. If somebody could help me than it would be appreciated. Okay, here's the list:

HQ:
*Commander Squad:
Commander: 60pt (Storm Bolter + Power Weapon) = 80pt
9 Space Marines: 135 pt (Bolters + Hand to Hand & Bolt Pistols + 1 Meltagun) = 145

This group is made to assault and to assault only. No heavy weapons or anything just the Commander and some Marines. I'm not sure one the number of the Marines that I should give the Hand to Hand weapons

Troops:
*Tactical Squad:
5 Space Marines: 75pt (Bolters + 1 Lascannon) = 90pt

*Scout Squad:
5 Space Marine Scouts: 65pt (Snipers + 1 Missile Launcher) = 95pt

The tactical squad is probably going to be used as a bit of nervous maker: moving a bit, waving around that annoying Lascannon at anything that moves. Just to make sure that the opponent doesn't gets to cocky and puts all of his tanks and stuff in the open. The Scout Squad (I'm sorry but I just don't get what most people have against scouts they can come in handy sometimes) its primary task to pin down the enemy and kill any Commanders or Elite Troops. It's also a backup in case my Lascannon dies.

225 + 90 + 95 = 410
Well that's it, I've tried to make it a bit more assaulting than my previous one. It's pretty straightforward and can deal (I hope) with a broad number of different types of armies. But I've still got 90 points left (which can a lot if used properly).
I'm not planning to use it on another squad of troops (to prevent cheesiness (unless it's to late :?????)) so I was thinking of a Biker Squad (which makes it a pretty assaulting list), A landspeeder (Tornado) or something like that. Can somebody help me?

PS: Of course I'm willing to make some minor modifications I it doesn't fit into the 90 Pts)

See less See more
#2 ·
It appears that you want to keep your army more mobile than stationary. If you didn't mind being a tad stationary, you could always take a whirl wind. They're fun to use against non-meq's and can still do some nasty damage to meq's.

Some assault wouldn't hurt either. Bikes are fun, but so are land speeder tornadoes. Let us know what you really want and we'll help you some more.

#3 ·
Okay, first of all I need to admit that I'm a little scared for Anti-Armor. That's because I play small matches against Tau regularly and they mostly destroy my Tanks (or speeders) before I even have the chance to his (damm you, Broadsides). The second army I play against often is Eldar. The players usaly have an army packed with Dire Avengers, Wraith Guard and Dark Reapers.

Of course I play against other armies as well (but mostly these)

I think the Whirl Wind might be an excellent option, thanks for the help. And what do youi think of the rest of my list?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.