3000 Daemonhunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3000 Daemonhunters

This is the list I'm using for the ladder league at my local store. So far its doing good, I won my first game with a Massacre and tied my second game.

Brother-Captain Stern
    7 Terminators w/ Incinerator
    Land Raider Crusader

9 Grey Knights w/ 2 Incinerators
    Justicar
    Land Raider

9 Grey Knights w/ 2 Incinerators
    Justicar
    Land Raider

9 Sisters Repentia w/ Mistress

5 Seraphims

5 Seraphims

10 Stormtroopers /w Chimera

10 Stormtroopers w/ Chimera

I haven't listed all the upgrades and stuff, it'd take too much time. These all comes out to about 2990 to 3006 points, depending on what army I'm fighting. Pretty straight forward, every unit in the game has a transport other than the Repentia squad because they aren't allowed to have one

Anyone have any suggestions or improvements? Comments appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quick question for you: are you allowed to change your list in the middle of a tournament? I was under the impression you've got to keep the same list, usually. Anyways, regarding your list:

Well, you're probably already aware that you've got a lot of points tied up into the Land Raiders, particularly the Crusader. It's the sort of thing that will probably work wonders against some opponents, and get devastated against others (Tau come to mind). Personally, I prefer the GM to Stern, as they're comparably-priced, but the GM has an extra wound, better initiative (if I recall correctly), and I -think- Stern's NFW only counts as a power-weapon, though I could be wrong about that one =). Also, I don't really like Stern's special ability, which helps your opponent almost as much as it helps you! To each their own, though...

I'm going to make the assumption that you've got special weapons (plasma or melta guns) on your IST squads. If you don't, then you should! Plasma guns will probably work best due to their extended range, and the fact that you don't have any low-AP weaponry otherwise (besides the Lascannons, which should be busy tank-hunting).

The Repentia squads are generally not considered good choices for competitive play, due to their fragility, expense, and striking with such low initiative. That said, I haven't tried them, as I don't use a lot of WH units =). If you like using them, and you're pleased with their performance, then by all means keep them!

The Seraphim are hard to comment on, as I don't know how they're kitted out . In general they're awesome, though. I run mine with 2xTL-Inferno Pistols and a VSS with Eviscerator to good effect in my 1500 point list, though I like a 7+VSS to keep them alive longer. Having two squads is probably comparable survivability-wise, of course (but see below!).

That said, unless you've got some special rules for your tournament, your list is illegal =(. You're only allowed 1 Fast attack and 1 Elite choice as allies, so unless you run a multiple FOC list (in which case you'd need a WH HQ) or have some other house rules going for you, you'll have to drop one Seraphim squad and one Repentia squad.

Anyways, good luck with the tournament!

-H

PS. Welcome to LO!
    Last edited by Hasten; April 11th, 2008 at 18:38.
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    Quick question for you: are you allowed to change your list in the middle of a tournament? I was under the impression you've got to keep the same list, usually. Anyways, regarding your list:

Well, you're probably already aware that you've got a lot of points tied up into the Land Raiders, particularly the Crusader. It's the sort of thing that will probably work wonders against some opponents, and get devastated against others (Tau come to mind). Personally, I prefer the GM to Stern, as they're comparably-priced, but the GM has an extra wound, better initiative (if I recall correctly), and I -think- Stern's NFW only counts as a power-weapon, though I could be wrong about that one =). Also, I don't really like Stern's special ability, which helps your opponent almost as much as it helps you! To each their own, though...

I'm going to make the assumption that you've got special weapons (plasma or melta guns) on your IST squads. If you don't, then you should! Plasma guns will probably work best due to their extended range, and the fact that you don't have any low-AP weaponry otherwise (besides the Lascannons, which should be busy tank-hunting).

The Repentia squads are generally not considered good choices for competitive play, due to their fragility, expense, and striking with such low initiative. That said, I haven't tried them, as I don't use a lot of WH units =). If you like using them, and you're pleased with their performance, then by all means keep them!

The Seraphim are hard to comment on, as I don't know how they're kitted out . In general they're awesome, though. I run mine with 2xTL-Inferno Pistols and a VSS with Eviscerator to good effect in my 1500 point list, though I like a 7+VSS to keep them alive longer. Having two squads is probably comparable survivability-wise, of course (but see below!).

That said, unless you've got some special rules for your tournament, your list is illegal =(. You're only allowed 1 Fast attack and 1 Elite choice as allies, so unless you run a multiple FOC list (in which case you'd need a WH HQ) or have some other house rules going for you, you'll have to drop one Seraphim squad and one Repentia squad.

Anyways, good luck with the tournament!

-H

PS. Welcome to LO!
    Thanks for all the advice! Yeah, about the list being illegal, my store is fine with it as long as it isn't ridiculously over-the-top (a Chaos army I fought today comes to mind, with about 5 HQ choices and that Chaos leader that gets D6+4 attacks, rerolls all hits and wounds, no armor saves allowed. I got my ass handed to me, then was told that he cheated half the game by an employee after I explained to him what moves he made and what he used).

The Serpahim have two Inferno Pistols but no Evisicrator. And no one said anything about the Repentia squad. In fact, most people are very PLEASED to know I run two squads of them. I wonder why I just love using them because most armies I play are based on fluff and looks, and I like both when it comes to the Repentia. They caused one wound on a Daemon Prince today though, haha.

EDIT: Yeah, and about editing the list, everyone at my store is ok with it, I actually put together a new list that looks something like this.. I still have about 500 points and I don't know what to throw in.

Grand Master w/ 7 Termies

7 Serpahim

9 Grey Knights w/ Justicar
    9 Grey Knights w/ Justicar

Land Raider
    Land Raider
    Land Raider Crusader

Its a super small, elite army list. Its probably the hardest one I'm ever going to play, but the models just look so freaken awesome put together on the table I couldn't help playing it. I have a game coming up tomorrow, I'll post how well the list does. I'm not holding my breathe though, most people are douches and put together lists that are always min / maxed.
    Last edited by Demon Eyes; April 12th, 2008 at 01:57.
    Grey Knights
    5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss

+ Reply to Thread