1500pt Competitive & Infantry Heavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Fleet, Hampshire
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

278 (x3)

1500pt Competitive & Infantry Heavy

Hey boys and girls,

I'm a long time IG player but this is my first attempt at a competitive list, and equally my first attempt at a mostly infantry army - my normal style is more a of a mechanized blitzkrieg!

So without further aduo...

Drop Troops
    Close Order Drill
    Rough Riders
    Iron Discipline

Command Platoon

Command Squad 104pts
    Heroic Senior Officer
    Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon & Iron Discipline
    Standard Bearer, Medic & 1 Flamer

Lascannon Anti-tank Squad 1 110pts

Lascannon Anti-tank Squad 2 110pts

Stormtroopers 141pts
    1 Veteran Sergeant: Power Weapon
    9 Stormtroops: 2 Plasma Guns

Hardened Veterans 66pts
    1 Veteran Sergeant: Bolt Pistol
    4 Veterans: 2 Meltaguns

Infantry Platoon 1

Command Squad 55pts
    Junior Officer
    4 Guardsmen: 1 Missile Launcher

Squad 1 83pts
    1 Grenade Launcher 1 Autocannon

Squad 2 83pts
    1 Grenade Launcher 1 Autocannon

Infantry Platoon 2

Command Squad 45pts
    Junior Officer: Iron Discipline
    4 Guardsmen

Squad 1 76pts
    1 Flamer 1 Heavy Bolter

Squad 2 76pts
    1 Flamer 1 Heavy Bolter

Fast Attack

Hellhound 115pts

Rough Riders 146pts
    1 Veteran Sergeant: Honorifica Imperialis, Hunting Lance & Power Weapon
    9 Rough Riders: Hunting Lances

Heavy Support

Basilisk 125pts
    Indirect Fire

Demolisher 165pts

Obviously this list will operate as an old fashioned gun-line that can either hold its ground or march forward en-mass to take the fight to the enemy. The Rough riders and Hellound are there to grab objectives or counterattack anything that makes it past rapid fire range and the demolisher. The Stromtroops and Veterans deepstrike, to either take objectives, tank hunt, or to bolster the gun line if things are going badly.

My main question is do I have enough infantry to compensate my lack of armour? This list has 92 infantry, but I was considering dropping the Demolisher to get another platoon. Thoughts? Any advice appreciated!

Many thanks...

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

You're deep dropping a squad of veterans with two plasma guns... What can they really do? Plasma's are great guns but can't reliably take out any armour, so when you drop them you're going to have to take on a squad of infantry, and any single squadron of any IG infantry has a very small chance of success. I mean, dropping them beside a HW platoon would be ideal, but the heavy weapons will destroy the squad, giving you, maybe, one or two shots.

Your command platoon is kinda funky, what's with the single flamer? You have a medic, but it's not going to really help much, and you have your commander half kitted for melee. Why not just give him a regular bolter and get the range? Also, drop the heroic officer and get a junior with an HI (less points), and maybe put 2 plasmas in that squad, so the medic has more of a use.

Your squad has a flamer and a heavy bolter, or a grenade launcher & autocannon, neither are very effective when combined.

I'm not a fan of rough riders, they're one trick ponies, and with their WS they're not going to get a lot of MeQ (what I assume they're their to kill).

Your two lascannon squads are going to get pummeled by anyone with armour to risk, so be prepared to lose them quickly if you don't have a lot of support for them.

+ Reply to Thread