500 Grenadier Combat Patrol - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

500 Grenadier Combat Patrol

Just a quick 500pt Grenadier List using CP Rules

Option A

Doctrines
    Grenadiers
    Sharpshooters
    Ratlings
    Iron Discipline

HQ:

Senior Officer with Bolt Pistol, Power Sword, Iron Discipline
    Veteran with Standard
    Veteran with Medikit
    2 x troopers Plasmagun

108pts

Fire Support Squad

3 x Autocannon Teams, Sharpshooters

105pts

Alpha Squad:

Veteran Sergeant with Hellpistol & Power Sword
    2 x Troopers with Grenade Launcher
    7 x Troopers with Hellgun

127pts

Bravo Squad:

Veteran Sergeant with Hellpistol & Power Sword
    2 x Troopers with Grenade Launcher
    7 x Troopers with Hellgun

127pts

Charlie Squad:

3 x Ratling Snipers (actually Cadian stand-ins)

33pts

Total 500pts

Option B

Drop the Power Sword from the SO and the Fire Support Squad and take 2 x Cadian Sentinels with Xa @110pts

To be honest I think it lacks something - but I'm not sure what

Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Couple of quick questions:
    Why the SO? Why not just go for the JO (same ld) and save a few points. If this unit gets into combat then you are most likely in a lot of trouble anyway, and an extra power weapon attack won't do very much at all.
    Apart from the Autocannon team this is a very close-ranged army, and if the team goes down early you have no manner of countering anything at range. I don't think, at this points level, that it is a good idea to have a support squad, indeed your primary long range weapons, by themselves - unless they are mortars and can then hide out of sight.
    Personally I would drop the command platoon and replace it with a min sized infantry platoon (you will probably have to shave points off elsewhere). This spreads out your Heavy Weapons a bit more and also increases your body count while having practically no negative effect on your leadership bubbles (except the loss of the standard).
    As to what it is lacking, for me it would have to be mobility and versatile firepower - having all the HW's clumped in the one squad is quite risky and also rather limiting, whereas if they were in seperate infantry squads they can then target different units and spread the fire around a bit more.

Edit:
    Just worked it out. If you drop the command platoon (-213pts) you can replace it with an Infantry Platoon armed like:
    Command Squad:
    JO with Iron Discipline
    Infantry Squad 1
    Autocannon, Grenade Launcher
    Infantry Squad 2
    Autocannon, Grenade Launcher
    This comes in at 211pts.
    You could then, if you wanted, swap out the GL in the line squads and give the CS a mortar or a couple of plasma guns.
    Last edited by Exarch Thomo; April 15th, 2008 at 04:41.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

500 pts is a army, 400pts is a patrol.
    it needs 2 troops
    or cut 100pts
    For someone to deal as much damage as you did, the Emperor must surely be at your side. - MaxDv
    107th Regiment, 5th Armored Battle Group- 5500pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch Thomo View Post
    ...Why not just go for the JO (same ld) and save a few points. If this unit gets into combat then you are most likely in a lot of trouble anyway, and an extra power weapon attack won't do very much at all.
    Apart from the Autocannon team this is a very close-ranged army, and if the team goes down early you have no manner of countering anything at range.....

Hmm good point JO would make more sense, as to taking an infantry platoon I really wanted all grenadiers with supporting elements sort of a fluff thing. Unfortunately you can't get any BS4 carapace HQs or supports as the Codex stands. I'll have to work on the vehicular support I think - sentinels & chimeras?
    Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by billybobithyjo View Post
    500 pts is a army, 400pts is a patrol.
    it needs 2 troops
    or cut 100pts

True "Officially" CP is 400pts - however in real life I think you'll find quite a lot of people play CP @ 500pts rather than 400pts - it's the excuse to get that "one more unit" - and of course with Grenadiers as a doctrine then I think it has two troops anyway?

+ Reply to Thread