1000 point DA list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point DA list

Hello all. I wrote this, and I am thinking about actually getting everything for it, so tell me your thoughts on the list.

Headquarters:
    Librarian.

Troops:
    10 strong Tactical Squad with Missile Launcher and Plasma Gun. Splits into combat squads with ML and Plasma in different squads. 190 points

10 strong Tactical Squad with Missile Launcher and Plasma Gun. Splits into combat squads with ML and Plasma in different squads. 190 points

5 Man Tactical Squad with Plasma Gun. 105 points

Heavy Support: Devastator squad of 10 with 4 Missile Launchers. Split into Combat squads of 5 with 2 MLs. 205 points

Total: 1000 points. Librarian joins 5 man Tactical Squad, joining Assaults if they get through shooting. Plasma Gun squads form interception squads, taking charges away from heavy weapons and shooting whenever they are in range.

Thanks for reading.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

For 1000 points looks a solid (but rather static) gunline force to me.

I am not sold on the Libby as your HQ choice here though, as to get the best out of him he needs to be within template range of the enemy, and as you are footslogging this is going to be slow.

I would opt for a Company Master instead – give him a power weapon and storm bolter – for the same cost as the Libby, plus he confers a useful Ld bonus across your whole force which might come in handy.

Cheers
    Z
    Keeper of the Dark Fortress
    Member of the Inner Circle
    Current armies: Deathwing and Grey Knights (I'd have more if my wife would let me)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Libriarian is the worst HQ in the DA dex. But sometimes he can make his points back with his flamer power, but to be honest it happens only if he is on a jump pack or better - on a bike.

Your troops look ok, but think about some rhinos, and plasma pistols. You have to pay for the veteran sarge, so why not give him something? With a plasma pistol you wil have 3 12" plasma shots and thats better then two

Oh, and by the way, devastators with four missile launchers cost 245 pts, not 205 pts,
    "One must do violence to the object of one's desire; when it surrenders, the pleasure is greater."

Marquis De Sade

+ Reply to Thread