2800 PTS of Fluffy Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

2800 PTS of Fluffy Marines

Honor your War-gear, No Mercy No Respite, Eye to Eye

Master of Sanctity (Attached to Assault squad #1) 136
    Bolt-Pistol, Terminator Honors, Jump Pack,

Command Squad: 505 (Counting everything below)

Master of Sanctity: 126
    Bolt-Pistol, Terminator Honors

Epistolary: 166
    Storm of the Emperors Wrath
    Familiar, Iron Halo, Bolt-Pistol, Terminator Honors

Furious Charge, 5 Marines, Melta Gun, Company Champion (with Termie Honors), Veteran Sergeant (with Termie Honors), Thunder Hammer, Bolt Pistol

Dreadnought: 168
    Twin-linked Las-cannon, Rocket Launcher, Smoke launchers, Venerable, Tank Hunter

Dreadnought: 118
    Rocket launcher, Smoke launchers

Devastator Squad: 254
    8 Marines, 2 Rocket Launchers, 2 Las-Cannons, Tank Hunters 24

Tactical Squad: 191
    10 Marines, Melta Gun, Heavy Bolter, Terminator Honors, Power Fist, Bolt Pistol

Tactical Squad: 191
    10 Marines, Melta Gun, Heavy Bolter, Terminator Honors, Power Fist, Bolt Pistol

Tactical Squad: 186
    8 Marines, Plasma Gun, Rocket Launcher, Terminator Honors, Power Sword, Bolt-Pistol

Tactical Squad: 186
    8 Marines, Plasma Gun, Rocket Launcher, Terminator Honors, Power Sword, Bolt-Pistol

Assault Squad #1: 291
    10 Marines, 2 Plasma pistols, Terminator Honors, Power Fist, Bolt-Pistol, Furious Assault

Assault Squad #2: 288

10 Marines, 2 Flamers, Terminator Honors, Power Sword, Bolt-Pistol, Furious Assault

Predator Annihilator: 133
    Sponson Mounted Heavy-Bolters, Smoke Launchers

Devastator Squad: 230
    8 Marines, 2 Rocket Launchers, 2 Plasma-Cannons

Whirlwind: 98
    Smoke Launchers, Pintle-Mounted Storm-Bolter

PTS 2814

This is my first time formatting an army-list to put online, so if it's hard to read or something just let me know.

At the moment most of this stuff is set in stone, as in already built and painted, though I'm open to suggestions about the command squad. Also, I'm trying to bump it up to around 3,000 points or less by filling my last fast-attack slot, if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements

Subang Jaya, Malaysia
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

19 (x1)

I don't have my Codex with me so I'll assume your application of Traits is correct.

There's a lot of units in your list so I'll try to go from top to bottom with regards to the comments.

505 points is an insane amount of points to include in a squad. It will be shot at asap since it's too big an opportunity. There's no rhino or land raider purchased for it. How do you plan to keep this squad alive?

The dreadnought with the missile launcher does not seem to have a purpose built for it. It's not dedicated anti-tank or anti-infantry. I suggest changing the weapon option for full 48" anti-tank like your other dreadnought, or swapping in a flamer for anti-infantry. Also consider drop pods for both your dreadnoughts to help them reach their target faster.

Nit picking, please remove the points for the tank hunters skill in the devastator squad 0:

Your tactical squads suffer from the syndrome of trying to do everything at once. It is better to keep them focused on one role, be it moving forward or stand and shoot. Putting in all three options (Vet Sarge, special and heavy weapon) tends to make a tactical squad waste a lot of potential and points. Moving forwards wastes the heavy weapon and standing still to shoot the heavy weapon wastes the powerfist. Consider buying razorbacks or rhinos for transportation or heavy support and dedicate your tacticals to specific duties.

I'm not sure why you want smoke launchers on a whirlwind, it is typically safe from enemy fire since it usually hidden out of sight.

P.S. Oh yes, I just realized it's your first post here at LO. So welcome to the forums

+ Reply to Thread