Imperial Guard Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imperial Guard Army

Hey all, after reading all ur advice on ig, i have decided to come up with this list, i hope everyone can help out, so here goes:

Junior officer and 4 guardsmen
    honorifica imperialis
    power weapon
    auto cannon
    iron discipline
    master vox
    115 pts
    this is the hq, they are meant to hide and shoot and ensure no one runs away

Junior officer and 4 guardsmen
    power weapon
    missile launcher
    vox caster
    65pts
    these guys are the hq of the platoon, they have a chance of killing in cc and shooting, i hope so they are all rounded?

1 sergeant and 9 guardsmen
    missile launcher
    vox caster
    80 pts
    these guys exist to throw good fire support and can stay in cc for a long time, tnks to the hq!

1 sergeant and 9 guardsmen
    autocannon
    vox caster
    80 pts
    these guys exist to throw good fire support and can stay in cc for a long time, tnks to the hq!

1 veteran sergeant and 9 veterans
    missile launcher
    power weapon
    vox caster
    110 pts
    As seen, ithese boys are excellent shooties and can be vital in needy situations- ie i need to get rid of that dark reapers! fire and dont miss! they can stay good in cc too, i hope

5 rattling snipers
    55 pts
    go on, laugh
    i took these guys to fill up reamining points. However, i still feel these guys can be real useful irritants and can serve as distractors too. And they dont really run in cover. whoopie

Yeah, so this is basically what i can think of. Being a relatively new warhammer and ig player, im not too sure how this is gonna work out. Will anyone please throw in some suggestions to help? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imperial Guard Army

Oh btw, this list is meant to be a sorta exclusion army.
    thats cuz i expect other armies to expect ig to have big tanks so im like having none so their points on big guns like lascannon are wasted as they can now only kill 1 guardsmen per shot. Big whoop
    haha

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Well, this will probably get moved to the Army Lists subforum for a start, as that is where it belongs.

Apart from that, you are missing a troops choice. It is a bit confusing for a new player, but the Imperial Guard works a bit wierdly.

Basically, you know that for a standard mission you need one "HQ" and Two "Troops" choices.

Well, if you look closely, you will find that a "Troops" choice for Imperial Guard is an entire platoon rather than a single squad as is usually the case. So you actually need two platoons (or one platoon and an armoured fist squad, or one platoon and a conscript platoon) to make this a legal list.

However, at this points level you may not want to bother with the technicalities as it is quite hard to fit a guard army into 500pts and remain legal. Just remember that when you expand this list the first thing you need is another troops choice.

Now, apart from that you might want to consider giving the veterans some special weapons and swapping the Missile Launcher out for a Lascannon. Possibly giving the Guardsmen squads special weapons as well.

I would also consider putting Iron Discipline on all your officers, it is cheap and you dont want to be running away just because your command HQ caught some ordinance

And I quite like Ratlings, they are not the most effective against Marines, but against low armoured troops or high toughness gribblies they can be very nice indeed.
    Last edited by Beardy_Wierdy; April 19th, 2008 at 17:56.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

To start you do need 1 more platoon in this army, To do that i would start by cutting out the Ratlings (at higher points put them back in if you like them)

Now the way you set up your main Hq, you dont want them to be out in the open. So put them Behind a wall and remove their cannon and replace it with a mortar and get rid of the power weapon altogether. That way they cant be hit very easily, they still can dish out a lil pain, and you save a few points.

You can take the vox out of the platoon commander (their is a stat difference between platoon commander and a jo i think) He wont run very easily. Put this unit in the middile of your gunline and use them as a counter charger when it comes.

Good starting list and good luck
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

+ Reply to Thread