1k Sobs/ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1k Sobs/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k Sobs/

So, I am planning on making a witch hunters list for an upcoming friend-organized campaign (Orks and Death Korps don't seem to work well as allies). So, here is what I've scratched together in the past 15-20 minutes

Canoness, Power Armour, jump pack, Blessed weapon

Inquisitor-power armour, power weapon, hammerhand
    -3 Acolytes, chirugeon, 2 crusaders
    Callidus Assassin

10 Sisters, vet superior, book, heavy flamer, flamer

6 Seraphim, vet superior, book, 2 inferno pistols
    6 Dominions, vet superior, 2 flamers, 2 melta guns
    Immolator, extra armour, dozer blade, holy promethium

There it is. I could, if necessary, drop the callidus for a pair of rhinos for the sisters...But I love the model and the themeatic viewpoint having an assassin at an inquisitors beck and call in addition to a mission of sisters of battle.

Tactics-sisters advance while ready to clear out enemy infantry, seraphim/canoness take out heavy infantry, and maybe a tank. Dominions react to whatever threat they meet, the inquisitor leads the 2 squads of sisters in the thick of the fighting. Last, the Callidus causes as much havoc as possible before charging at the juiciest target at 1k and (hopefully) go down with it.

Asking for suggestions without knowing what you're planning on doing is like asking a blind man what color shirt matches your eyes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Angron88 View Post
    So, I am planning on making a witch hunters list for an upcoming friend-organized campaign (Orks and Death Korps don't seem to work well as allies). So, here is what I've scratched together in the past 15-20 minutes

Canoness, Power Armour, jump pack, Blessed weapon

Why not get her frags, it does help a lot!

Inquisitor-power armour, power weapon, hammerhand
    -3 Acolytes, chirugeon, 2 crusaders
    Callidus Assassin

If you plan to have a melee inquisitor I would give him a familiar. In other case I would drop either hammerhand or power weapon. If you want to be a character killer maybe give him a force weapon, but do upgrade him to a lord. Give acolytes power armour or carapace so the majority armour is a bit better established and you can use the invulnerable save from crusaders. (im not sure how invulnerable would work with the majority save though)
    If you like chirurgeons and want to make squad good for CC take two of them, power weapons and rockets will make this squad fold very fast.

Since you dont have a delivery system for the inquisitor maybe it is better to make him a dakka squad?

Im not a big fan of vanilla squads, but maybe heavy flamer and melta is a bit better since having two flamers and marching them across the board means that they will be wasting 2 shooty spots instead of one. I do like two flamers in a mechanized list though.

6 Seraphim, vet superior, book, 2 inferno pistols
    6 Dominions, vet superior, 2 flamers, 2 melta guns
    Immolator, extra armour, dozer blade, holy promethium
    Me gusta holy promethium =)

There it is. I could, if necessary, drop the callidus for a pair of rhinos for the sisters...But I love the model and the themeatic viewpoint having an assassin at an inquisitors beck and call in addition to a mission of sisters of battle.

Tactics-sisters advance while ready to clear out enemy infantry, seraphim/canoness take out heavy infantry, and maybe a tank. Dominions react to whatever threat they meet, the inquisitor leads the 2 squads of sisters in the thick of the fighting. Last, the Callidus causes as much havoc as possible before charging at the juiciest target at 1k and(hopefully) go down with it.
    I also think that tactic for callidus is not to kill the biggest baddest character, he excels at killing elite squads, not necessarily characters. Neural shredder is usually something I think about the most when I place him, it insta-kills marines and orc nobs!
    Overall the marching list is interesting. Hope any of my babble helps.

+ Reply to Thread