Space Marines 1000 Termie heavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Marines 1000 Termie heavy

Hey guys , just found a bunch of termies , well bought . So i have rekindled my love for GW , after being kicked out . . long story .

So anyways here's the list !

HQ:Librarian;Codicer:100
    -Fury of the ancients, Terminator Armour

Terminator Command Squad X5:200
    -2x Assault cannon

Troopscout Squadron X5:65

Scout Squadron X5:65

Elite:Terminator Squad x5:200
    -2x Assault Cannon

Terminator Squad X5:200
    -2x Assault Cannon

Total:978
    Model Count:26

22 Points left over , might be able to fit in half a termie or 2 scouts , either way

Comments Please !

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After thinking about your list for a bit, there are some comments I would like to add. They're not really suggestions but more of the strengths and weaknesses this list might have.

Firstly, I'm sure you're aware of the extremely low body count this list has and the inherent dangers that comes with it. Regardless of how strong 2+ saves can be, never forget that sufficient small arms fire will take the Termies down easily.

Secondly, your weapons range are extremely limited, and everyone is foot-slogging. The majority of the units' weapons are limited to 24" effective range. You may want to consider adding missile launchers on your scouts to up the variety a bit. When you have vehicles just reversing all the time and shooting you outside of your 24" range, you will end up pretty annoyed.

Instead of using Termie armour for the Librarian, why not look into having teleport homers spread on both scout sergeants and one on the Librarian. This way you have three homer options, and your opponents may end up moving closer to get at your hidden units. And that's when your Termies will teleport in and deal the damage.

Hope that gives some food for thought :happy:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey , thanks for the reply .

Well in accordance to your reply let me lay what i have out :

I very know well , that massed (small) arms can take out my terminators , but wait ? Aren't all horde ( lets say ) unit guns range from 24" ( and which is in my target range anything within 24" is within kill range , liek for example take . . 24 strength 6 ap 4 rending shots , not that rending is needed as the ap 4 which most horde units will take a dirt nap from , or even 18 storm bolter shots ? ) and even for the non horde units like . . marines like a single bolt gun shot will even be able to hurt a terminator squad ( okay to be realalistic . . 7 bolt gun shots ) . Anything else that would be able to hurt my terminatos would be plasma , las , or even massed HB's would be out of my range . so thats where the scouts kick in , they play 1 of 2 parts . either to lock in combat devastator squads/HW teams or to create a diversion for my termies to advance within a 18-24 " range for max killing capacity . So i dont think i'd need longer range weapons for support . Also , i'd never ever teleport terminators in , one reason is that as you said my body count is low , therefore i need as much firepower from start to end to make up for the body count loss .

Thanks for the food for thought !

+ Reply to Thread