Ultramarine 500pnt Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultramarine 500pnt Army

I'm going to be playing against Chaos, Necrons, Tyranids, Black Templars and Eldar. I was wondering if the army i have thought of will work.

HQ: Reclusiarch w/ Combimelta

Troops: 2x 6-man tactical squad w/ missile launcher

Heavy: Predator Annihilator w/ all lascannons, power of the machine spirit, pintle mount and hunter killer

Reasons:

First army not entrily sure about it.
    Played a few time with a mate (stuart) using his marines vs, Nids
    i like the chaplain but without a retinue he has been killed by three charging gaunts =[

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At 500 points i would avoid taking a predator, but if you must (already bought the model) i would take the auto cannon, heavy bolter variation, drop the hunter killer, and the power of the machine spirit. Your missile launchers can take care of just about any armour you will encounter at 500pts. and if used correctly, i can promise you not a single gaunt will make it to your front lines.

If you don't have the predator yet, i would hold off till you get to larger game sizes. if you must have something armored, settle for a dreadnought. the assault cannon is devastating at that point cost and will draw lots of fire giving the rest of your army some breathing room.

I would also pump the tactical squads to 8 man squads and maby give 'em plasma guns to deal with the power armored enemies.

the combi melta on the chaplain robs him of his best assets. give that guy a jump pack, bolt pistol, and frag grenades, and go crush some skulls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had my first 500 point game today. My whole army got raped by Eldar, but the Predator Annihilator won the game for me. The hunter killer killed the farseer (Instant Death). So drop the combi melta, sounds good, it was used it and i missed.

Wins: (1)
    Draws: (1)
    Loses: (2)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers on the victory. theres nothing quite like beating an eldar player!
    if you are finding that eldar and the like are giving you trouble, i can point you in no other direction than right to your brand new whirlwind. they are "the bees knees"
    that and putting the heavy bolters onto your predator. you'll have the eldar wishing they didn't wear cardboard in no time.

might i ask, how are you using your army tactically?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tactics I use is to get the chaplain and his squad into close combat and then use the tank and my other tactical squad to fire on the other squads that are left.

Other than that I just shoot and hope I roll well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good. at times it would also be a good idea to hold the chaplain back and use him to counter charge the units coming after your shooters. that way both of your squads can have those missile launchers shooting every turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*worried Eldar player*
    That tank was a killer. Hopefully in our rematch I can win, though I did like one of your squads being massacred in one round by my Reapers. Note to any Marine player in this kind of battle: Avoid spending a lot of points on Marine Squads, they get torn to shreds by the Reapers' S6 AP3 Heavy 2 weapons. Predator definitely won the game, but I'm going to invest in some rather nasty anti-tank units...
    *evil laughter... for an Eldar*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NExt time, Stuart, its on like Donkey Kong. You know ill win again. Lol empty threats.
    Ill win the roll and be able to go first ill own your eldar and their cardboard armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive changed my Army now.

HQ: Reclusiarch w/Artificer Armor and Storm Bolter

Troops: 2x tactical Squad /w Missile
    Sergeant /w Power Fist and TH

Heavy: Predator Annihilator w/ all lascannons

+ Reply to Thread