Sisters of Battle with Grey Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sisters of Battle with Grey Knights

The Blood Crusade
    HQ
    (369) Grand Master armed with a Teleport Homer with 4 Grey Knight Terminators armed with a Psycannon
    (393) Inquisitor Lord Coteaz
    Three Warriors with Power Weapon and Close Combat Weapon
    Three Acolytes with Power Weapon and Carapace Armour
    Rhino with Extra Armour and Smoke Launcher

ELITES
    (260) Brother Captain with four Grey Knight Terminators armed with one Incinerator
    (260) Brother Captain with four Grey Knight Terminators armed with one Incinerator

FAST ATTACK
    (235) Justicar armed with meltabombs with six Grey Knights armed with two Incinerators
    (235) Justicar armed with meltabombs with six Grey Knights armed with two Incinerators

TROOPS
    (593) 9 Grey Knights with two Psycannons and Justicar with Teleport Homer
    Land Raider transport with Extra Armor and Smoke Launchers
    (56 9 Grey Knights with one Psycannon and Justicar with Teleport Homer
    Land Raider transport with Extra Armour and Smoke Launchers
    (56 9 Grey Knights with one Psycannon and Justicar with Teleport Homer
    Land Raider transport with Extra Armour and Smoke Launchers

HEAVY SUPPORT
    (14 Grey Knight Dreadnaught armed with Extra Armour, Twin-Linked Lasscannon, and a Missile Launcher
    (14 Grey Knight Dreadnaught armed with Extra Armour, Twin-Linked Lasscannon, and a Missile Launcher
    (25 Land Raider Crusader with Smoke Launchers

Total: 4530

Last edited by Demon Eyes; May 19th, 2008 at 19:24.
    Grey Knights
    5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

I notice you're not listing what the squads are upgraded with, so it's difficult to comment much. Also, what points level is this for? Just doing a rough estimation, it looks something like 2500 or so. Maybe you could edit your list telling us what your squads are armed with, since that'll make a big difference. As it stands, it looks like your anti-tank department is pretty anemic. Also, what are your plans for those Immolators? Just zooming around torching things? If you could give us an idea how you plan on using things it'd also be helpful.

-H
    Last edited by Hasten; April 29th, 2008 at 17:40. Reason: list changed
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
    So I was going to run the parent list as Daemonhunters, but the reason why I made the parent list Sisters of Battle is because I really wanted to run three groups of Seraphim, and I could only run one group with a Daemonhunter parent army. Anyway, heres the list. In case you were wondering, it generates 7 faith dice!

The Blood Crusade
    HQ
    Cannoness Joan - Jump Pack, Blessed Weapon, Cloak of St Aspira
    Take frag grenades. A bolt pistol wouldn't hurt either.
    Grand Master Huss w/ 7 Grey Knight Terminators w/ Incinerator

ELITES
    Inquisitor Garret - Thunder Hammer w/ 3 Warrior Henchman
    If you're just going for fluff, then its alright, but if you want this squad to be useful, then you would be better off taking a psycannon, equipping the warriors with heavy bolters, maybe two mystics, etc. A close combat inquisitor needs a large retinue to add more attacks/soak up wounds, but even then they still aren't very effective to be honest.
    If you want to do it, I suggest a WH Lord, some Crusaders, Acolytes with carapace + power weapon or a mancatcher, and maybe some combat servitors and such. Although it would add up to around 200-300 points, not including a transport..

FAST ATTACK
    7 Seraphim w/ Veteran Superior / Eviscerator
    I suggest giving these special weapon before the Eviscerator; fire support should be the priority here, not close combat. Personally I would do either 2 flamers or 2 inferno pistols, not a mix.

TROOPS
    7 Grey Knights w/ Justicar Alaric w/ Land Raider
    7 Grey Knights w/ Justicar Silvan w/ Land Raider
    Land Raiders are illegal unfortunately.
    The only way to include Land Raiders in a WH army is as an Inquisitor's transport, or allied Marines (which you can't do because the army already includes Sisters)
    10 Sisters of Battle w/ Veteran Superior, Simalcrum Imperialis and Rhino
    10 Sisters of Battle w/ Veteran Superior, Simalcrum Imperialis and Rhino
    The Rhinos are better with extra armor and smoke.
    Also, no special weapons? They're much more useful with them... Suggestion for configuration: 2 meltas, or melta + heavy flamer.
    HEAVY SUPPORT
    Immolator w/ Holy Promethium, Laud Hailer, Extra Armour
    I would take Exorcists instead; you have a big lack of anti-tank in the list (only 3 Eviscerators, and the Land Raiders are illegal) Don't forget extra armor.

If you decide to keep Immolators, I suggest dropping the Hailer, and adding smoke launchers.

PS - I'm posting this here because the Witch Hunters forum hasn't exactly seen any activity for almost the past three days. Its safe to say its rather dead over there. Firstly, is this list legal? I looked over everything and didn't miss anything, but some of you might catch something I missed. Secondly, would you guys change anything about this list?

Also - I love naming my characters and squad leaders.. so thats what those names are. I just have the Grey Knights named so far, working on the names for the Sisters, although not all the Sisters will have names. Just the Cannonesss. The reason for this is because since the Grey Knights are a very elite force, they die far less than the Sisters do. At that rate, I'd have to come up with names for the Sisters after each game. I also plan on adding some fluff for these guys. I'm just fascinated by the idea of playing an Inquisition force!
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by qsd; April 29th, 2008 at 02:32. Reason: forgot something
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, thanks for the tips. And here are the questions to some answers:

-The Inquisitor is there mainly for fluff reasons, but since I have to drop the two Land Raiders, I can boost up
    the chances of him getting into combat, like it was suggested.
    -The Immolators are just going to kind of roll around and torch stuff.
    -The Sisters don't have any special weapons, but since I dropped the LRs I can give them Meltas.
    -Its a 3000 point list.

I'm in class right now so I can't update the list, I'll do it later today when I get home. Thanks once again, gentlemen!

EDIT: Well, since I had nothing better to do in class, I updated the list. It came out to about 2600, don't know what to add to fill in the other 400 points. Any advice, please?
    Last edited by Demon Eyes; April 29th, 2008 at 16:50.
    Grey Knights
    5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

One thought that I had about the Immolators and Grey Knights is that with the Immolators, you've got the only non-land raider means of transporting Grey Knights, if you want to take advantage of it. You'd have to lower the squad size to 6, though, but it's something to consider. Slap two Incinerators in each squad, and you've got a pretty wicked anti-infantry platform.

If you decide not to go that route, I'd recommend adding a couple of exorcists for anti-armor. As it stands, you've only got two real anti-armor options: the melta-toting sisters. Having a long-range option to pop tanks in the early game is a good thing.

Regarding the Inquisitor, if you plan on using him for close combat, you'll need some way to get him there. You've got a lot of points tied up into a very fragile unit. The fact that the unit is also going to be footslogging slowly towards your enemy makes this unit a pretty obvious target. I'd say either make the squad into a shooty squad, or give them a transport.

Regarding the Seraphim, I personally prefer 2x Twin Inferno pistols over the hand flamers. My reasoning is that you've got plenty of anti-infantry in your list as it is, and not so much high-strength low-ap weapons. I generally run my Seraphim as 7 (2x TLIP) + 1 VSS (w/ Eviscerator), to pretty good effect.

Hope it helps.

-H
    Last edited by Hasten; April 29th, 2008 at 17:44.
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    One thought that I had about the Immolators and Grey Knights is that with the Immolators, you've got the only non-land raider means of transporting Grey Knights, if you want to take advantage of it. You'd have to lower the squad size to 6, though, but it's something to consider. Slap two Incinerators in each squad, and you've got a pretty wicked anti-infantry platform.

If you decide not to go that route, I'd recommend adding a couple of exorcists for anti-armor. As it stands, you've only got two real anti-armor options: the melta-toting sisters. Having a long-range option to pop tanks in the early game is a good thing.

Regarding the Inquisitor, if you plan on using him for close combat, you'll need some way to get him there. You've got a lot of points tied up into a very fragile unit. The fact that the unit is also going to be footslogging slowly towards your enemy makes this unit a pretty obvious target. I'd say either make the squad into a shooty squad, or give them a transport.

Regarding the Seraphim, I personally prefer 2x Twin Inferno pistols over the hand flamers. My reasoning is that you've got plenty of anti-infantry in your list as it is, and not so much high-strength low-ap weapons. I generally run my Seraphim as 7 (2x TLIP) + 1 VSS (w/ Eviscerator), to pretty good effect.

Hope it helps.

-H
    I was thinking of putting the Inquisitor inside the Immolater. I figure the Grey Knights will do better foot slogging up the field, since they're assault 2 when it comes to shooting, and the Shrouding helps the first few rounds from getting picked off from too far off. Although thats a really good idea. I might run three Immolaters then, one for the Inquisitor and the other two for the Grey Knight squads.

About the Serpahim and the Inferno Pistols.. I don't like the 6 inch range, because I can't fire and then charge at the tank or whatever, correct? Because I feel like the Eviscerator will do better against tanks then the Inferno Pistol.
    Grey Knights
    5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

I was thinking of putting the Inquisitor inside the Immolater. I figure the Grey Knights will do better foot slogging up the field, since they're assault 2 when it comes to shooting, and the Shrouding helps the first few rounds from getting picked off from too far off.
    That's certainly a valid way to use them (so I don't want to discourage you from playing them this way -- it's how I do in my DH army), I just wanted you to be aware that you do have the option of putting them in the Immolators, if you want more of a mechanized force. And, if they're inside a transport, 1 or 2 Incinerators can make for a pretty nasty pre-charge kick, to compensate for their lower numbers.

About the Serpahim and the Inferno Pistols.. I don't like the 6 inch range, because I can't fire and then charge at the tank or whatever, correct? Because I feel like the Eviscerator will do better against tanks then the Inferno Pistol.
    Errr, there's no reason why you couldn't charge after firing the Inferno Pistols. Indeed, if you're within charge range (6"), then you're in range of the Inferno Pistols. Having a non-close-combat tank-hunting weapon is also nice if you're facing skimmers, which you need 6's to hit in close combat. Finally, the high-strength low-ap shots mesh well with the Eviscerator on the VSS when it comes to hunting "large game" like tanks and monstrous creatures, or expensive heavy infantry, where the anti-infantry hand-flamers tend to be wasted.

-H
    Last edited by Hasten; April 29th, 2008 at 19:40.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, after thinking about it for a bit, I've decided to run 6 of them inside two Immolators, and bought a Rhino for the Inquisitor. So I guess I'm going to be running a Mechanized force then, eh? All this only comes up to 2513 points though. I need to full in another 500, so I was thinking an Exorcist for sure, and what else?

By the way, thank you for all the help sir.

EDIT: Maybe two squads of ten Repentia for more Eviscerators? Yay or nay?
    Last edited by Demon Eyes; April 29th, 2008 at 19:48.
    Grey Knights
    5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

Maybe two squads of ten Repentia for more Eviscerators? Yay or nay?
    Hmmm, you might get better help over on the WH forum on these issues, but I personally don't think Repentia are all that great. I mean, you've got the eviscerators, sure, but they're fragile (human toughness, carapace equivalent save), expensive, and strike last in combat, but pack a punch. Really, they're the perfect target, because they're fairly scary, easier to bring down than most things in your army, and are worth a fair bit of points.

As far as what to add, I'd say an Exorcist for sure. Maybe a Celestian squad (those are Elites, right?). I don't know Sisters well enough to say for sure. You could also add a unit of Grey Knight Terminators as Elites if you're looking for more combat punch. You could give them two psycannons (one on squad, one on BC) for some ranged support. Other than that, I'd consider one or two squads of ISTs with two plasma guns mounted in a rhino for some anti-MEQ and monstrous creature firepower. Maybe an Assassin, since you've got the elite slots? Toss in an Eversor or Callidus and you've got mayhem in a box.

Dunno, you could also just take something just for fun, like Repentias or Arco's. Up to you, really =).

-H
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it comes to Repentia, the general idea is that they are not worth taking in a competative list. They have some nice special rules, but they are VERY situational. I always want to somehow throw them into my list, only to discover later that they're useless. And about adding more to my army, I don't want to add more troops. Just some more elites. I feel my army is lacking in that department.

Thanks again Hasten.
    Grey Knights
    5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast