1,850 IG gunline - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1,850 IG gunline

Hello all! So here is my 1,850 IG list. I've been using a list very similar to this for the past few months now but I keep adjusting things like FA, and HS on it. Anyway to give you some insight on my opponents, I regularly face Tyranids (swarm or nidzilla depending on his mood lol), CSM (Nurgle), CSM (Tzeentch/Khorn), Orks, and Eldar.

Also the army consists of almost purely Vostroyan models (WIP), So I have no M-Launcher models which is fine I guess since I've grown very fond of Las Cannons anyway.

Other than that go nuts! Enjoy!

Doctrines
    ------------
    Veterans
    Close Order Drill
    Iron Discipline

HQ
    ---------
    HSO w/Iron Discipline, Bolt Pistol and Power Weapon
    Commissar W/LP and Power Weapon
    Veteran w/Company Standard
    Flamer
    Flamer
    Mortar
    -159pts

Support Squads
    ------------
    Anti-Tank Squad w/3 Las Cannons
    -110pts
    Anti-Tank Squad w/3 Las Cannons
    -110pts

Troops
    -----------
    1st Platoon
    HQ
    -----------
    Junior Officer w/Power Weapon and Iron Discipline
    Plasma Gun
    Plasma Gun
    -70pts

1st Squad-
    Vet Sgt w/lp and ccw
    Heavy Bolter
    Plasma Gun
    -86pts

2nd Squad-
    Vet Sgt w/lp and ccw
    Heavy Bolter
    Plasma Gun
    -86pts

3rd Squad-
    Vet Sgt w/lp and ccw
    Heavy Bolter
    Plasma Gun
    -86pts

2nd Platoon
    HQ
    Junior Officer w/Power Weapon and Iron Discipline
    Plasma Gun
    Plasma Gun
    -70pts

1st Squad-
    Vet Sgt w/lp and ccw
    Auto Cannon
    Plasma Gun
    -91pts

2nd Squad-
    Vet Sgt w/lp and ccw
    Auto Cannon
    Plasma Gun
    -91pts

3rd Squad-
    Vet Sgt w/lp and ccw
    Auto Cannon
    Plasma Gun
    -91pts

Elites
    ------------
    7 Hardened Vets
    Vet Sgt w/LP and PW
    Plasma Gun
    Plasma Gun
    Plasma Gun
    Las Cannon
    -129pts

7 Hardened Vets
    Vet Sgt w/LP and PW
    Plasma Gun
    Plasma Gun
    Plasma Gun
    Las Cannon
    -129pts

Fast Attack
    -------------
    Hell hound
    -115pts

Hell hound
    -115pts

Heavy Support
    -----------------
    Leman Russ battle tank w/hull and Sponson h-bolters
    -155pts

Leman Russ battle tank w/hull and Sponson h-bolters
    -155pts

Total comes out to 1,848pts

In hindsight I'm thinking my command squad is a little excessive, but I dont like using the "Jo w/Honorifica" and the 2nd flamer came about because I basically had points to burn and couldn't think anyplace better to put them.

enjoy!

Last edited by RocketRollRebel; May 21st, 2008 at 17:55.
    40k armies
    Imperial Guard-3,250pts
    Blood Angels-2,000pts
    Daemon Hunters-2,000pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I Sincerely Want a Parrot counterwavecounter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Your command HQ is illegal. An HQ comes with one Officer and 4 Guardsmen, your HQ has 5 Guardsmen. It's a minor detail, but in need of correcting. I would drop the Flamers on the Guardsmen and the Power Weapons on the Officer and Commissar because with a Company Standard and Mortar Heavy Weapon team you obviously indeed on hiding your HQ somewhere and using it for Leadership and it should thus never be in a situation where the use of Flamers or Power Weapons is warranted. The same goes for your Platoon Command Squads, drop the Power Weapons. Unless they also have Veterans with Laspistols and Close Combat Weapons and an attached Commissar and Priest then the squad won't do much in CC with its 1 Power Weapon in the hands of a WS3 S3 guy.

Your Troop squads are configured for gunline use, so, it would be best to equip your Sergeants with Lasguns because chances are the will never use their Laspistols and Close Combat Weapons. The same applies to your Veteran squads.

The HQ error and my suggested changes will save you enough points to purchase 4 Grenade Launchers (2 for each Platoon Command Squad). Other than that, seems like a pretty solid Shooty Death from Hell type list.
    Last edited by counterwavecounter; May 22nd, 2008 at 02:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Flamers drop.
    When we are speaking of dropping, Drop Troops would fit. Sometimes Infiltrate just isn't assuring you that your veterans are goin to survive.

You will have some points from flamers and PWs. Exchange Heavy Bolters to Autocannons. When compared against orks, marines it's

3*1/2=1,5 1,5 * 2/3=1
    2*1/2=1 1*5/6=5/6

The difference is only 1/6 and Falcons, Truckka's and Rhinos (and so on) are going to see difference. Do not tell me that Bolters are better for eldar, against eldar infantry you've got lasguns.

If you have some points then buy Medic to Plasma Commands.

I would forgot, if half of your force - in exapmle one platoon is going to take objectives, then drop vet. sergeants on another. Anyway, drop them on stationary part. You don't need Close Order Drill and Vet. Sergeants when you are using Colonel's 9 enhanced by commissar. And you have standard and ID...

Now, the most competetive change. If you are going to paint these beautiful miniatures or have nothing against fluffy 'Take cover!' explanation then i would simply drop one infantry squad and take cameleoline for the rest of the army. It's the very best doctrine for guard, having 4+ in woods or 3+ in biuldings and ignoring enemy AP for a little more than +1 per model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replys, Sorry about the HQ btw. I never actually ran the list and I'm sure I'd notice that right away.

counterwavecounter I may try droping my power weapons although I will admit I'm a little afraid to part with them as I always use them for some reason haha. But grenaide launchers might be cool. I never use them and I have some laying around so I'll give it a shot.
    40k armies
    Imperial Guard-3,250pts
    Blood Angels-2,000pts
    Daemon Hunters-2,000pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRollRebel View Post
    But grenaide launchers might be cool. I never use them
    You are lucky git then. Sorry, but even against nids and orks plasmas are better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plasma. Plasma. Plasma. I see plasma. Good. You have learned the ways of the guard!

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

PLASMA!!!!, BAH its not realistic, you burn your own guys, it has worse range than the grenade laucher, but it does have 2 shots.......TO BURN YOUR SELF!!!!!

anyway back to the list XD....

drop the veteran sergents, unless your going to make use of their acess to the armory and give them boltguns, or storm bolters(pretty expensive tho...) you have good leadership as it is

you might want to add light infantry to your docterines, and/or sharpshooters, just for your anti tank squads. light infantry lets you put them down last, wherever you want them, and sharpshooters is usually invaluable in lascannon anti tank squads(got lucky and my one anti tank squad killed a baneblade in 1 turn XD)
    Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grenade launchers and plasma are same range??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I know I probably should drop the pw weapons. Its kinda a habit of mine to give him a power weapon so you understand how its kinda to break the habbit lol. But it might help.

Also the light infantry might be a great idea for the las cannon teams actually. I oughta try that some time.

Then again is it fluffy to have that many plasma guns at all? My army is all Vostroyans so I justify it by being a forgeworld I guess lol. But yeah they are way better than grenaide launchers, I rarely see a reason to take them over plasmas for line squads.
    40k armies
    Imperial Guard-3,250pts
    Blood Angels-2,000pts
    Daemon Hunters-2,000pts

+ Reply to Thread