Fun 1850 for RTT - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Fun 1850 for RTT

Ok so after seeing all my gkt sitting on my dresser I decided I would be funny and field most of them in a list. So here goes.

HQ = GM + 5 GKT = 400 points
    - 1 w/ psycannon
    - 1 w/ TH+SS

HQ = Stern + 4 GKT = 340 points
    - 1 w/ incinerator
    - 1 w/ TH+SS

Elites = 5 GKT = 270 points
    - 1 w/ psycannon
    - 1 w/ TH+SS
    - 1 w/ psycannon
    - 1 w/ TH+SS
    - 1 w/ psycannon
    - 1 w/ TH+SS

Troops = 5 PAGK = 150 points
    Troops = 5 PAGK = 150 points

Total = 1850

I know I have no way to deal with higher armor tanks but the people I know that will be in it so far only one is mech eldar and only one other that is fielding an AV 14 ( besides a cron army but I dont count them as I ignore liths anyways ). I am hoping to face one of the 2 daemon armies as I think it would be fun. I just to be clear I have no plans on winning the tourny I just think it will be fun to play this list and it seems very fluffy to me.

Last edited by Lyzaru; May 29th, 2008 at 02:28.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Wow someone with more GKTs then me... I never thought about fielding Stern to get more GKTs in there... hmmm might have to rework my master list.... god this makes me want to go out and buy more Grey knights instead of necromunda stuff....

I would have balanced in a second incinerator, if points weren't soooo tight.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

take my advice with a grain of salt, but speaking conceptually, I would drop the psycannons from the termy squads and one termy from the GM's retinue in order to bring 2 5 man IST squads and move the PAGK's to fast attack slots so they can DS if need be to support the GKT's. That should leave you a bit of points to play around with to maybe add some incinerators or more bodies.

I would do this becuase psycannons are a LOT of points in an army where against most foes they're only going to fire one turn (I'd imagine most armies will try and focusfire you, since GKT's have a nasty habit of completely clearing their killzones before the opposition really gets a chance to swing back.)

-edit- there just aren't too many armies that are going to laugh when 35 heavily armored S6 (most with power weapons) drop into their lap looking pretty pissed off.
    Last edited by Rattrap; May 29th, 2008 at 03:14.
    Don't bother having anything more than meaningless small talk on this forum, the moderators won't allow it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

I gotta say if he has the psycannons in there he's likely not d/sing the models. He's much more likely to march across the board shooting those psycannons each turn to get the maxium effect out of them. Psycannons marched across the field can be quite powerful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    I gotta say if he has the psycannons in there he's likely not d/sing the models. He's much more likely to march across the board shooting those psycannons each turn to get the maxium effect out of them. Psycannons marched across the field can be quite powerful.
    I dearly, dearly hope that isn't his plan. Termies simply don't have the model count to attempt that, especially with GKTs where you're paying those extra points for that extra CC ability.

Against nearly any other list the opponent is going to be to shooty/numerous/mobile to try the slogging method, deep strike force might actually win a few games out of sheer surprise.
    Don't bother having anything more than meaningless small talk on this forum, the moderators won't allow it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

D/Sing has its own disadvantages don't forget. A bad roll can kill your own models, toss them too far away to be of any use, or potentially toss you right in the middle of all his guys. In which case if you land in the middle, you'll probably be dead before you can assault. Between the shrouding and the armour that terminators have he could do fairly well hiking them up. He'd need to focus fire to take down his opponents models, but it could be done fairly well IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Normally I never deepstrike but in tournies with the mission being all that really matters I will be deciding wether I want to start on the board with them or deepstrike them game by game instead of having a set plan. I have done a list like this in tournies before for fun and you can do really well or really badly depending on your opponents. Of the 2 other times I have done a list with nothing besides GKT / PAGK I have come in 2nd out of 24 people and 17 out of 22 people. It really does depend completely on the missions and opponents you get.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

+ Reply to Thread