1000 points BA successor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    is a Brother of Arterius Bleyden's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

38 (x1)

1000 points BA successor

Hi I used to play 40k for 3rd ed but then I dropeed out of the hobby and kinda never went back to 40k (a 10 year old throwing a tantrum scared me off). I was thinking with 5th ed coming round it may be time for me to break out my boys again. Im at uni at the mo so I dont have anything with me but I think this is what I had:

1 Captain
    1 Librarian
    1 Chaplain

10 man Tactical squad
    5 man Assault Squad
    15 (I think) Space Crusade Models (with attachable heavy weapons)
    5 Terminators

I originally played as Dark Angels but I got bored quickly of not being able to shoot everything before it got to me in combat (I played orks a lot and got whipped) so Ive decided to scrap that and go for a Blood Angels successor chapter.

This is 1000 Points of Brothers of Arterius.

Chaplain Femoral (counts as Chaplain Lemartes)

6 Death Company with Jump Packs

10 Assault Marines
    5 Tactical Marines
    5 Tactical Marines
    5 Assault Marines

Heavy Assault
    5 Devastators with 4 Missile Launchers

Total 1000 Points / 37 Models / 22 with Jump Packs

This means I dont have to buy anymore tactical squads for the moment and can spend my time buying and painting assault marines. I didnt incude the Termies because Im sure parts are missing and I really hate the models. Also 200 points is a big sink in 1000 points.

Any comments and tips are a great help, I dont want to buy a load of stuff only to have it be useless (like I did when I bought 3 characters).

Also I have 2 questions: can models in Jump Packs deep strike? and do GW sell Jump Packs on there own?

Mucho Thanko

Best Oxymorons:
    3. Marital Bliss 2. Military Intelligence 1. MICROSOFT WORKS
    Vassal Record 1-2.

2. Remove Advertisements

Simcoe, Ontario Canada
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

17 (x1)

Hmm it seems nobody posted here yet, so let me be the first .

Lemartes: Good, nothing wrong with him.

Death Company: Well normall I'd like to see 10, but it's 1000 points so ok

For the troops: They need upgrades bud. You can't have naked Marines go around. Sergeants need power fists or power weapons ( preferably Fists) Tactical Marines needs assault/ heavy weapons. It wouldn't hurt for Assaults to have plasma pistols either ( but don't worry about that).

Devestators: Good, maybe you can drop one missle launcher to spare up some points.

As for your questions. Yes they can ( using normal deep striking rules) And yes, they sell jump packs, but they are kinda expensive ( but them again, everything is there ) They come in packs of ten(10).

Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread