Blood Angels 1000/1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Blood Angels 1000/1500

Hey guys this is my first attempt at blood angels so some advice on my lists would be appreicated.

First list:-

lemartes - 125

4 Death company, jump packs - 80

10 tactical marines, meltagun, lascannon, sgt with PF - 285
    mounted in a Rhino

mounted in a Rhino

2 Attack bikes with multi meltas (seperate squads) - 100

Predator with twin lascannon - 105

Total - 980. Any ideas where the extra 20 points could be spent? extra armour perhaps?
    This list is designed with 5th ed in mind, and has potentially 4 scoring units. I am trying to make use of the things that arent over priced in the BA codex, like the pred, lemartes and bikes.

The idea is to start the game with the tactical squads split into combat squads. The lascannon teams from each will be set up in defensive places, and the other combat squad with the sgt and melta will be deployed behind its rhino (if i know im getting the 2nd turn)which i will try to hide behind cover (so that even if the rhino does get blown up they are still ok). On my first turn the combat squad mounts up and the rhino uses its overcharged engines to move to the next bit of cover, shooting from the top hatch or popping smoke. If I have the 1st turn the guys will start mounted and do the usual disembark - shoot thang.

The rhinos and pred will also be used as moving cover for the death co. who will try and get a 2nd turn charge. The bikes are used for anti tank round the flanks.

second army list :-

Lemartes - 125

4 Death company, jump packs - 50

mounted in a Rhino

mounted in a Rhino

mounted in a Rhino

3 Attack bikes with multi meltas (seperate squads) - 150

Total - 1500pts on the button. Same sort of tactics for this list, although I could maybe drop one of the preds for more death company if needs be.

6 lascannons
    3 multi meltas
    3 meltaguns
    3 storm bolters
    21 bolters

Should have enough guns to take out a decent amount of tanks, and enough bodies to dish out enough shots against hordes.

C&C welcome

Cheers in advance
    Zezza

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive found from my games against a mech style DA list Razor Backs are much more useful if your going to go with combat squads, might be a bit more expensive, but you can put TLHB's and TLLC's on them for extra movable heavy shooting.

I think you should swap one of the normal preds for a baal for more anti infantry in the 1500 list. 3 bikes with MM and 3 TLLC preds is AT overkill imo.

This is the only BA list ive ever seen with only 1 assult unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

I like your lists alot.
    You are really squeezing the best out of your points. If you have extra points, extra armor is a great upgrade for your Rhinos.

I think Ethsar has a valid point about the lack of Assault Units, so you might be thinking about a Veteran Assault Squad geared up with some PFs or Meltas or both.

The TL Las Preds might be upgraded to 'Baal' preds. They have over charged engines and can take down armor almost as well, and they can pull double duty as cover elements moving with your main column and softening up targets so you don't get bogged down in CC.
    (Not sure how the 4 str on defensive weapons will change things)

It might be worth switching your Las Cannons for Plas Cannons, they are cheaper and I think they will come into their own in 5th edition.

Let me know how the combat squads works out for ya. Its a thought I had myself but haven't tried.

Good luck,

-Josh
    "Boonm you not rrrh rot
    dot n dot n dot per rot
    dot n not n dot per
    n dot chi cot n dot rrr ah"

-Jonathan Davis "Twist", Why did I ever listen to this guy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 1000pt list isnt too bad, but i think you should swap the 3rd tactical squad in the 1500 list for either a 10 man assault squad or how ever many vet assault marines you could fit in a squad (Note: vet assault marines dont have to be 5 or 10 man unlike normal squads).

+ Reply to Thread