Deathwing 1500 points (casual) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deathwing 1500 points (casual)

For this list I am aiming for a well rounded army (for deathwing that is) that can easily be bumped up to 2000pts or cut down to 1000. Of the models mentioned in the list I only have Belial, The Dread and 10 non close combat termies with assorted weapons.

Belial-130

Terminator squad 1-245pts
    Assault Cannon
    Sergeant

Terminator squad 2-245pts
    Assault Cannon
    Sergeant

Terminator squad 3-235pts
    All with lightning claws
    One with cyclone launcher

Dreadnought-145pts
    Heavy Flamer
    Extra Armour

Land Raider and Land Raider Crusader-500pts

Terminator squad 1 would travel in the land raider, usually on the flanks.
    Terminator squad 2 would deep strike first turn using deathwing assault
    Terminator squad 3 joined by Belial would be in the crusader and go to wherever their best unit was hopefully for a first turn assault.
    The dread would go for infantry or light vehicles as well as squads with no close combat weapons of S6 of higher so it could tie them up in combat.

I have an initial budget for this army of NZ$200. For an idea of how much this can buy me a battleforce is NZ$170 a land raider $95 a Crusader $105 and a terminator squad $75..

I was planning to spend $180 on a Crusader and Assault Terminator squad to give me a 1005pt army of everything mentioned above apart from terminator squad 1 and the normal land raider. From there the purchase of a land raider would bring the army up to 1500pts. After that I was planning on getting a terminator librarian, Venerable dread and either another assault squad or another land raider to give me a solid 2000pt force.

Please post comments but keep in mind that I only want 'pure' deathwing (those that do not know the secrets of the unforgiven are not welcome here) and also I need a list that will give me 1500pts without costing much more than NZ$300

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're going to keep the assault termies in the LRC I would drop the Cyclone Missile and take the Deathwing Standard for the extra attacks. It's only 5 pts more points and it gives you an extra 5 attacks in close combat, rather than a few crack shots that you might not even ever take (assuming the LRC isn't somehow immobilized before you reach the enemy).
    Besides, I always thought that the Crusader already had a cruel amount of firepower by itself.

I'd say that this is a pretty good list, I normally wouldn't take a Dreadnaught by itself without a drop pod....but I don't think that really matters in this list as your opponent is more likely to concentrate his fire on the two Land Raiders.

I like this list quite a lot. (I might just have to steal some of the things of this list for my own purposes)

+ Reply to Thread