Librarium Online Forums banner

1500 Cadian vs non meq. what to change

437 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  mackdawg 
#1 ·
This list is not intended for MEQ, thus it actually fits fluff fairly well

Docterines (im thinking of adding iron disipline, but my leader follows the conscripts...)
-Conscripts
-Close Order Drill

HQ
HSO-storm bolter, Pwr wpn
2x grenade launchers
1x standard
1x shotgun
Total-109

support squads
Anti tank w/ 3x lascannons
Total-110

Anti tank w/ 3x missile launchers
Total-95

Elites
Hardened veteransx9
seargent(pwr wpn, storm bolter)
3x flamers
mounted in chimera(turret ML, hull HB, Pintle Stubber)
Total-210

Troops

Jo(bolt pistol, Pwr wpn)
2x Flamers
2x Laspistol ccw
Total-58

Squad 1
Autocannon/Plasma gun
Total-85

Squad 2
Heavy bolter/grenade launcher
Total-78

Conscriptsx50
Total-200

Fast Attack

Hellhound(stubber)Total-127

Hellhound(stubber)Total-127

Heavy Support

Leman Russ(triple heavy bolters)Total-155

Leman Russ(hull Heavy bolter)Total-145

Army list total- 1499

the overall plan is to have my command squad run around with the conscripts providing them with leadership, and this group will try to hold a flank all by themselves(command squad fires assault wpns over conscripts)

the vets will counterassault with a jump out of chimera barrage of 3 flamers and lots of shotgun shots, and the chimera will also unload on the enemy

the hellhounds will try to target the enemies nastiest squad and run around together with 2 inferno cannons, 2 heavy bolters, and 2 heavy stubbers, most infantry squads will dissapear

the russes will bombard the hell out of infantry and enemy tanks

anti tank squads kill tanks, then the missile launchers target soft targets with frag missile, lascannon target hard targets

what do you think?

it has worked aginst a friend who plays eldar, twice, but he is not that bright sometimes(i lost 19 conscripts, and 1 hellhound)

See less See more
#2 ·
i just have to say the biggest mistake in ur list is the vets. why on earth would u give them shotguns and flamers that is by far the most stupid thing ever. every time i look at the stats for shotguns i think "omg they suck", give them lasguns at least that way u can rapid fire at the same strength. now down to the flamers, vets are BS4 and u gave them a gun that hits automatically that completely destroys the point in spending 8 points each on them give them a gun with a kick at close range like a plasma gun or melta gun. that way u get your points out of them.

i think if ur gonna run you conscripts around u should get a independent commissar with them rather than ur hq because u can pic out a hq because they arnt part of the 50 conscripts and if u fail the leader ship test u have turned ur 50 guns into a flock of chickens. with the commissar if u fail a leadership test u can just pick 1 of out of 50 poor guys to die.

like the commisar standing behind u now with a pistol for failing to right a good list

Reactions: DakkaDakkaDakka
#8 ·
i just have to say the biggest mistake in ur list is the vets. why on earth would u give them shotguns and flamers that is by far the most stupid thing ever. every time i look at the stats for shotguns i think "omg they suck".....

....like the commisar standing behind u now with a pistol for failing to right a good list
Criticism is fine, but let's try to be more tactful when doing it.

If everyone made flawless lists, then wouldn't it be rather pointless to have a section of the forum devoted to army list improvement?

#3 ·
it has worked aginst a friend who plays eldar, twice, but he is not that bright sometimes(i lost 19 conscripts, and 1 hellhound)
well imperial guard work well against eldar because thier is no way in 6 turns he can kill enougth guys1

#4 ·
tonicknight

the vets have 3x flamers, because of fluff, and its actually effective against non meq, no other unit gets to hit the enemy with

3 flamers
3 ML shots
3 stubber shots
2 stormbolter shots
12 shotgun/lasgun shots

that will decimate most 4/5+ save squads

i know it wastes their BS, but its actually very effective(killed a squad of harlies in one drop)

my conscripts have yet to run, but i was thinking about a independant commisar.............

BTW the commisar bit, look it up on the faq, the commisar will actually be leading the squad from the begining, there is no sergent...... so he will not execute a conscript and cause you to pass your first test.....

honestly with the 210 points in the veterans, what would you use them for insted, in this list...?

#5 ·
i argued with my local GW store manager about the commisar killing of his own men and the manager said he does, because the fact there is no leader in a conscript platoon they are all classed as the leader so thier for can get shot

#6 ·
well i have had some resistance with that, but it doesnt matter, they have yet to run anyway(i roll leadership tests very well, most units dont use officer leadership support XD)

other than leadership characteristics, what are my lists flaws and how would you fix them

#9 · (Edited)
Let us know how that comissar/conscript tar pit works out for you. The 5th edition CC rules will see the comissar dying right off the bat since the whole unit now attacks and IC's can be picked off. Those 50 conscripts can disappear in thin air faster when he goes.

#7 · (Edited)
Ok, these are my ideas.

1 - Change the Heroic Senior officer to a Junior Officer, give to him the Honorifica Imperialis. Save 5 points and keep the same stats of the Heroic Senior Officer.

2 - The Leman Russ that have 3x Heavy Bolters. We cant fire any other weapon when we fire the Ordenance weapon, not even a Heavy Stubber. Droop the sponsons and save the points.

3 - The Hardened Veteran Squad with 3x Flamers, the Storm Bolter and the Power Weapon. That cost 113 points, drop them, ad the points that you saved from the Leman Russ and the Heroic Senior Officer. Then buy another Hellhound with a Pintle Heavy Stubber.

4 - Make the Chimera of the Hardened Veterans the transport of one of the Junior Officers.

5 - Use the remaining points for buy a surveyor for one of the Junior Officers or 2 searchlights for the Leman Russ Battle Tanks.

Then your army can look like these:

HQ 314
Command Platoon 408
1x Command Squad 203
1x Junior Officer w/ Honorifica Imperialis, Surveyor, Storm bolter & Power Weapon
1x Veteran w/ Company Standard
3x guardsmen w/ 2x grenade launchers & 1x shotgun
1x Chimera w/ 1x Multi-Laser & 1x Heavy Bolter & Heavy Stubber

2x support squads 205
Anti-Tank 1 w/ 3x lascannons
Anti-tank 2 w/ 3x missile launchers

Troops 421
1x Infatry Platoon 221
1x Command Squad 58
1x Junior Officer w/ bolt pistol & Pwr wpn
4x Guardsmen w/ 2x Flamers, 2x Laspistol & 2x ccw

Infantry Squad 1 85
Autocannon/Plasma gun

Infantry Squad 2 78
Heavy bolter/grenade launcher

1x Conscript Infantry Platoon 200
Conscriptsx50

Fast Attack 381
3x Hellhound w/ 1x Heavy Stubber each

Heavy Support 290
2x Leman Russ Battle tank w/ 1x hull mounted Heavy bolter each

Army list total- 1500

On these way, you can replace the Hardened Veterans with a self-propeled Flamer unit and get a transport for another unit. Is a litle improvement and keep the overal idea of your army untoched.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.