2k BAngels 5th Edition rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

2k BAngels 5th Edition rules

Hey guys,

I'm recreating my list to work with the new rules and so far i've got just under 1800pts allocated.. just not sure what to do with the last 230....
    I've got a couple of ideas...

So far what I've got:
    HQ - Lemartes

TROOP -
    10man Tactical, Melta Gun, P/fist, L/cannon and Rhino - 285pts
    10man Tactical, Plasma Gun, P/weapon, L/cannon and Rhino - 280pts
    5man Assault, P/weapon - 155pts
    5man Assault, P/weapon - 155pts
    5man Assault, P/fist - 165pts
    5man Assault, P/fist - 165pts

ELITE -
    10 man Death Company, 4 more, J/packs - 190pts

HEAVY -
    Baal Predator, H/bolter sponsons - 125pts
    Baal Predator, H/bolter sponsons - 125pts

1770pts
    now what I was thinking on getting for 230pts
    A. Dante and EA on preds
    B. Mephiston and Melta bomb on p/w tactical
    C. DC Furioso dread and 2 Attack bikes with m/melta
    D. H/guard, J/packs, S/priest, 2 Plasma, P/weapon and 1 Attack bike
    E. 8man Vet Assault squad, 2 P/weapons, Flamer, Melta bomb
    F. Change the 2x 5man assault squads with P/fists to 10 man assault squads &give the p/weapon squads melta bombs.

A & B - Dante and mephiston are fun but a risk.
    C - Fun but less risk and attack bikes are pretty handy
    D & E - More of a sure thing.... (points gained from already paid for DC)
    F. more scoring units

Too much info? Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Lord Lucias; July 7th, 2008 at 13:58.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you sure you can have 6 troops?
    isnt the limit: 4 troops?
    anyways id drop in the dread and bikes
    "A Moment of Laxity spawns a Lifetime of Heresy...
    Never Repent, Never Forgive"

Warhammer 40k:
    Space Marines Army:
    Ultramarines; 3750pts

Warhammer:
    Dwarves Army (retired):
    Khazad-a-Doom; 4510pts
    Includes the "White Dwarf"

Wood Elves:
    Guardians of the Eastern Fringe: 1560pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

No its six, unless there is a 5th edition rule that changed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah no its definitely still 6... unless the 4 youre referring to are in addition to the core choices. Man I hate marines new rules with predetermined squad sizes. 40K is going to be like playing risk now... lame.

As for extra points I like C the most as you have plenty of assault available and that covers the rest of your options.
    -Alaitoc Ranger Force (1850pts)
    -Nucleonauts (started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a quick question, i'm about to paint a Furioso dread, but what's the different between a normal red Furioso and a DC Dread? and rules wise? and last, any advantage for a DC version over the normal version and does the DC dread occupy a slot in a DC squad? thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Rhammi - I thought that same thing today. Though I also dropped one DC and gave the Dread Venerable and the p/fist assault squads combat shield (as they always head for the monsters)

K4neX - Red furioso is the standard blood angel pattern dread with two close combat arms, the death company version is when the occupying organs succumbs to the black rage, they paint him black to show that he is part of the Death Company and he is as feral as anyone else who falls. Game wise he has more attacks and is a little out of control (sorry cant post actual rules, need to read the codex. Found here) Not in the DC squad.. complete separate.
    Last edited by Lord Lucias; July 8th, 2008 at 14:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like option C, but what can I say I like dreads (I will probably have 4 dreads once the new starter is released ). Also I think one of the Baal Preds should have heavy flamer sponsons, just seems more fitting to the assault heavy theme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by mechgumbi View Post
    I like option C, but what can I say I like dreads (I will probably have 4 dreads once the new starter is released ). Also I think one of the Baal Preds should have heavy flamer sponsons, just seems more fitting to the assault heavy theme.
    Yeah I love dreads also (3 in my GreyKnight army) but it's a flavour thing, no one else can get the Furioso but us, makes the army that much more fluffy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Man I hate marines new rules with predetermined squad sizes.
    All indications are that SM squads will be of 5-10 but will require 10 in order to qualify for a heavy weapon like a ML or PC. If these rumors are true, they will be included in upcoming BA FAQs (This Saturday I think)

the Baal Preds should have heavy flamer sponsons, just seems more fitting to the assault heavy theme.
    Template weapons like the heavy flamer are now better than before with the increased chance of your opponent's units having a cover save in 5th, but will the Preds be close enough to take reliable advantage of the HF Sponsons? If Ork and 'Nid hordes start popping up around every corner like is being predicted, I think they might.

not sure what to do with the last 230....
    But I digress, after looking your list over, have you considered running a 3rd Tac w/ Flamer & ML in a Rhino?

You'd have to drop a 5 man Squad, but that was my other suggestion anyway, drop 2 RASs add a 10 man Tac in Rhino, remember that you can split your 10 man tacs into 2 5 man combat squads, 1 in rhino, and one running toward a closer objective...

The weapon options Tac squads get far outweigh what RASs get, it is literally 2 troop choices for the price of one, and the extra mobility a JP gives your RASs is almost negligable now that Rhinos are NOT death traps and foot sloggers can now run!

Also, 3 attack bikes would go a long way towards dropping now "harder to kill" vehicles.

And 10 DC could be over-kill on a squad that is going to get shot at more in 5th edition because after EVERY assault the opponent gets a chance to shoot at them some more (and believe me, DC are high priority on everyone "kill that first" list)

With your left over points I'd add Dante w/ a modest honor guard. The honor guard is important because the chapter standard ability Dante gives you is included in his points cost (not the standard itself of course) and those points would be wasted without the honor guard.

2 RASs, DC w/ Lemartes, and Honor Guard w/ Dante is plenty of assaulty goodness, Especially if backed up by 3 Tac squads (maybe 6 5 man squads, 3 of which are in rhinos or any combination thereof)

Just some things to think about,

hope that helps,

-Josh
    Last edited by kr0w17; July 10th, 2008 at 20:23.
    "Boonm you not rrrh rot
    dot n dot n dot per rot
    dot n not n dot per
    n dot chi cot n dot rrr ah"

-Jonathan Davis "Twist", Why did I ever listen to this guy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by kr0w17 View Post
    All indications are that SM squads will be of 5-10 but will require 10 in order to qualify for a heavy weapon like a ML or PC. If these rumors are true, they will be included in upcoming BA FAQs (This Saturday I think)

Template weapons like the heavy flamer are now better than before with the increased chance of your opponent's units having a cover save in 5th, but will the Preds be close enough to take reliable advantage of the HF Sponsons? If Ork and 'Nid hordes start popping up around every corner like is being predicted, I think they might.

But I digress, after looking your list over, have you considered running a 3rd Tac w/ Flamer & ML in a Rhino?

You'd have to drop a 5 man Squad, but that was my other suggestion anyway, drop 2 RASs add a 10 man Tac in Rhino, remember that you can split your 10 man tacs into 2 5 man combat squads, 1 in rhino, and one running toward a closer objective...

The weapon options Tac squads get far outweigh what RASs get, it is literally 2 troop choices for the price of one, and the extra mobility a JP gives your RASs is almost negligable now that Rhinos are NOT death traps and foot sloggers can now run!

Also, 3 attack bikes would go a long way towards dropping now "harder to kill" vehicles.

And 10 DC could be over-kill on a squad that is going to get shot at more in 5th edition because after EVERY assault the opponent gets a chance to shoot at them some more (and believe me, DC are high priority on everyone "kill that first" list)

With your left over points I'd add Dante w/ a modest honor guard. The honor guard is important because the chapter standard ability Dante gives you is included in his points cost (not the standard itself of course) and those points would be wasted without the honor guard.

2 RASs, DC w/ Lemartes, and Honor Guard w/ Dante is plenty of assaulty goodness, Especially if backed up by 3 Tac squads (maybe 6 5 man squads, 3 of which are in rhinos or any combination thereof)

Just some things to think about,

hope that helps,

-Josh
    Reason for all the Assault squads is purely fluff driven.... we are the blood angels. (and to fit what models I have) Normally I have my assault squads pair up and make two TEN man assault squads with two power weapons (p/fist incl) in each.
    Honor guard is good but I would use more as mobile plasma guns with apoc so don't add to Dantes c/c prowess.

But it gives me much to think about... I'll try it out and see how it works. (I do like the idea of three tacticals.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast