5th eddition 2000 pt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th eddition 2000 pt

Inquisitor lord
    Pyscannon
    Emperors tarot
    Mystic
    Sage
    Sage
    3 warriors, HB,HB, PC
    Rhino, smoke, extra

Brother captain
    Mastercraft
    4 terms

10 gk
    Justicar with master craft and targeter

10 gk

10 gk

5 gk
    2 pyscannons
    Justicar with targeter

10 IST
    2 plasma
    Rhino extra and smoke

10 IST
    2 plasma
    Rhino extra and smoke

Elites

Evesor

3 rhinos will transport gks after the first turn. The mini purge squad will hunker down on objectives and so will IST while the gks move forward to engage the enemy and take their objectives. The HQ terms will deepstrike into the enemy lines. The evesor will come in from reserve to disrupt and kill as many as he can. Im low on anti tank but im not sold on dreads any suggestions would be appriciated thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im considering dropping the evesor and the mini purge squads for two dreads TLLC and ML with extra and smoke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that certainly works for anti-tank, but of course if you only have 2 pieces of armour out, and they're both "low" armour (meaning if your oppnent has lascannons they'll die real fast) it's almost a waste I'd either get something with high armour to go with the dreads (LR/LRC) or I'd just induct guard and use platoons of guys w/ lascannons and/or missle launchers for your anti-tank.

That way any anti-armour you opponent has is effectively wasted. (btw, for the smallest possible platoon of IG with 3 lascannons it's 235 points, 205 for missle launchers instead of lascannons) I'd reccomend 2 platoons with mixed lascannons and Missle launchers for 440 points. However, if you can't find the points for that (dropping mini purge and eversor only gets you 290) then either do your dreads thing or just get one large platoon of IG (a platoon w/ 2 lascannons and 2 MLs is 300). It's personal choice

good luck.
    I just wanted an avatar that was different.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    that certainly works for anti-tank, but of course if you only have 2 pieces of armour out, and they're both "low" armour
    Well, he does have the three Rhinos. Given their cargo, I'd say they're just as threatening as the Dreads to most opponents, so adding in 2 TLLC/ML Dreads will give an opponent 5 AV targets to deal with. I'd say go ahead and drop the Eversor (since Assassins are nerfed considerably under the new 5th edition assault rules) and the mini-purgation squad (you've still got 5 Troops choices, three of which are max squad size and Fearless), and get the Dreads. Other than that, your list looks pretty good, though I'm unconvinced that you need all that master-crafting. Just for reference, dropping them all will get you 60 points. With those points and a little shuffling of bodies, you could have three squads of 8 ISTs with 2x PGs each. Just something to think about.

-H

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're right, I completely forgot about the Rhinos.
    I just wanted an avatar that was different.....

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Not a bad list. If you still wanted to experiment with the Eversor, I think you can make the list work nicely provided you substitute meltas for plasma in your IST squads. Plasma can often be useful to pop armour, but meltas will do so much more reliably, and that's what your list needs the most.

Otherwise, everything looks sharp!
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id ditch the assassin, the eversor looks good on paper but isnt that great un 5th ed due to counter charge rules. He'll be lucky to kill 1 squad before he dies, he really needs to be backed up by DC to kill alot, and even then you cant consolidate into CC anymore.

Lack of AT will hurt you, I think you should try fit a dread with TLLC at least. Dreads will be tougher in 5th ed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

I would consider either taking the two dreads like you said or picking up a land raider. In the new edition they are going to be tough as nails. Also I would certainly try to get the points to upgrade the BC to a GM; he will be hidden in the squad and can really wreck some shop as he can't be targeted by they enemy. Also his Init 5 will make the rest of your Termies last longer. I would most likely get those points because I would drop the INQ rhino...they should be parked to shoot for the whole game anyways.

+ Reply to Thread