all infantry guard, 1000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    tck
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all infantry guard, 1000pts

The 13th Gue’seva regiment
    “They abandoned us. After 20 years of fighting on our planet, the Imperium declared they would retreat, and ordered the men of the imperial guard to do the same. None of us could obey that order, and when the commissar decided to execute our officers for desertion, we took out our lasguns and shot him. The rest of high command pulled out, taking our chimeras, our leman russes, indeed all of our armor. I guess they must have thought that the value of the tanks was more than our thousands of men.

So they left us, with just our weapons and our planet, to fend for ourselves against the tau. We had successfully done that for several years in the swamps of our home planet before the rest of the imperium of man came to our aid, and we would do so again. Then the com-link opened up. It was the Tau, offering us our planet and our lives if we would surrender to them and join their empire. If we refused, we were told we would be destroyed from orbit. Without our tanks, we felt there was no way we could possibly ever beat them, so we accepted, and our infantry platoons have supported the Tau ever since.

Now there are more of us: we have had 50 years to grow our chapter to a fully fledged army. However, we still ignore all tanks, preferring to trust in our lasguns and skill to win the day. We will not allow the removal of one element of our force to leave us so hopeless ever again.”

I decided to adapt the current advice for how to design a tau gue’seva regiment using the doctrines system to fit with my own background.

Currently, the advice is to use carapace armor, close order drill, xenos-fighters, special weapons squads, and heavy weapon platoons to represent the tau based gue’seva regiments. However, to represent the skills they picked up fighting in the swamps of their home planet, they have camoline instead of carapace armor, and iron discipline instead of xenos fighters to show the respect the average trooper has for the officers after going through such tough conditions together.

At the moment the army list I plan to use for this regiment at 1000pts is this

Heroic Senior Officer, Mortar, Standard Bearer, Grenade Launcher, Iron Dicipline: 104
    Anti-Tank squad, with three Lascannons: 110
    Fire Support squad, with three Autocannons: 95

Total: 309

Junior Officer, Mortar, Plasma Gun, Iron Dicipline: 75
    3 Lots of: Infantry Squad, Heavy Bolter, Grenade Launcher, Camoline: 88

Total: 339

Junior Officer, Mortar, Plasma Gun, Iron Dicipline: 75
    3 Lots of: Infantry Squad, Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Camoline: 93

Total: 354

Overall total: 1002 Pts

What do you guys think? Is this a competative army list, or have I made sup par choices?
    any advice on what to change?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Drop the mortar from the command squad i admit mortars are cool but they just aren't effective they might change that in 5th ed when the guard get a new codex. use these points to take plasma guns instead od grenade launchers in the missile launcher infantry squads other than that good list. See if you can arrange a game with an ally that plays tau to take on a larger enemy force.

tck
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice. As a friend pointed out, i must add camoline to all squads so here is the revised list
    Heroic Senior Officer, Camoline, Standard Bearer, Grenade Launcher, Iron Discipline: 104
    Anti-Tank squad, with three Lascannons, Camoline: 120
    Fire Support squad, with three Autocannons, Camoline: 105

Total: 329

Junior Officer, Camoline, Mortar, Iron Discipline: 65
    3 Lots of: Infantry Squad, Heavy Bolter, Grenade Launcher, Camoline: 88

Total: 329

Junior Officer, Camoline, Mortar, Iron Discipline: 65
    3 Lots of: Infantry Squad, Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Camoline: 93

Total: 344

Overall total: 1002 Pts
    Last edited by tck; July 10th, 2008 at 17:44. Reason: mistaken point total, spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Mortars are actually very effective (every one should try a game with 2 mortar support squads, you may like how they play or you may hate them) they may do less damage then a heavy bolter, but for every turn a heavy bolter can hit someone a mortar can hit them 2 turns.

Mortars would also support swamp fighting.

I like the fluff...traitor
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

+ Reply to Thread