1500pts Blood Angels - Help fill the gaps - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts Blood Angels - Help fill the gaps

EDIT: updated list in post #5

After getting an amazing deal on some vintage BA minis I decided to make it into a fully fledged army. I want it to be swift and brutal but have a solid base that can hold objectives after they`re cleared.

Here`s what I`ve come up with so far:

HQ:
    Chaplain Lemartes
    125 pts

ELITES:
    6 Death Company w/jump packs
    30 pts

5 Terminators, 4 w/lightning claws, 1 w/thunderhammer & shield
    200 pts

TROOPS:
    10 Tactical Marines, Vet.sarge with PF. Mounted in Rhino.
    245 pts

10 Tactical Marines, Vet.sarge with PF. Mounted in Rhino.
    245 pts

5 Assault Marines, Vet.sarge witg PF.
    165 pts

5 Assault Marines, Vet.sarge witg PF.
    165 pts

5 Devastators, 4*heavy bolters
    175 pts

If my math isn`t far off that`s a total of 1350 pts. The obvious lack is anti-armour. Also I haven`t really indulged myself with special weapons and such.

So is what I have good enough and what should I supplement it with?

Thanks in advance!

R

Last edited by Red Skullz; July 17th, 2008 at 09:37.
    Team Anarchy, gaming community (in norwegian).
    The Underhive, Necromunda forum!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

With ur devestators change at least two to lascannons or plasma cannons
    Death Company add a chaplain with that or place them with Lemartes as a body guard.

On anti armour i use a terminus ultra land raider combined with dev (devs configuration depneds on who im facing) the termius realy should have armour points like the baneblade but it still packs a punch.

Consider using Dante as he forces the enemy to do a morale check due to his death mask this also decreases the enemys bs/ws by one within X". Memphiston is my primary HQ (i know mephiston's stats - wheeee!)

I would definatly field a veteran assault squad these can carry lots of nasty stuff (melta bombs/ multiple pwr weapons/hvy weapons), these are best played in a combat squad or if you realy want to piss ur oponnent of use a full squad, as they're assaults they can aslo close ground fast with the enemy and support ur other troops and slow ur opponents down

Ive noticed ur army is very manoverable, try land speeders or a bike squadron (mine uses three bikes and an attack bike with a multi-melta) very good tank hunters and character killers etc (around 160 points i think)

Part from ur lack of hvy stuff (tac squads need at least one flamer/missle, mine have both) its a gd list, i would definatly increase ur long range fire power as stuff like tau will run around and keep out of assault range and blow the monkeys outta you in between.
    Hope thats been help full.

Hellblade
    Last edited by Karmoon; July 13th, 2008 at 22:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Hi there Hellblade!

WElcome to LO and a very big thank you for helping out another member! That's what makes LO the best forum around.

If I could point out a couple of our guidelines though...

Firstly, please watch out for proper spelling and grammar. It is a forum requirement, and use of 'u' for 'you' isn't generally acceptable

Secondly, please don't post additional points costs. Not only does it make you sound like Yugi out of Yugioh, but it breaks GW's copyright rules and also, it's quite insulting to the other members.

I mean, if posted advising you on what a bolter's stats were, you'd probably feel a bit taken a back

So, please watch out for those things - but, if I could return to my original points,

a warm welcome to LO - and helping someone makes you officially awesome. Keep on posting.

Thanks,

Karmoon
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice mate!

I`m currently working on the following (working as in points tweaking my list):
    - adding flamer to 1.tac.squad
    - adding meltagun to 2.tac.squad
    - removing 1 assault squad and replacing it with a veteran assault squad
    - getting a second HQ choice in there, I really wanna include a librarian.

I like the mix in the dev.squad as you suggested, I`ll do that. However, to get those last points I need to tweak the list some more I think the terminators squad needs to go. How does that sound? It`ll make the other squads a lot more spiffy and I could probably add a land speeder or an attack bike as well.

R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here`s what I think I`m aiming for at the moment, based on your feedback and my numbers crunching:

HQ:
    Company Captain w/twin lightning claws & jump pack (runs with the vets)
    150 pts

Chaplain w/jump pack (runs with the DC)
    120 pts

ELITES:
    5*Death Company w/jump packs
    25 pts

Veteran Assault Squad w/1*PF and 2*PW
    205 pts

TROOPS:
    Tactical Squad #1 w/5 extra, 1*PW, 1*Flamer. Mounted in a Rhino.
    250 pts

Tactical Squad #2 w/5 extra, 1*PW, 1*Meltagun. Mounted in a Rhino.
    255 pts

Assault Squad w/1*PF and 2*plasma pistols

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Devastator Squad w/1*PW, 2*HB and 2*ML
    200 pts

Baal Predator
    100 pts

1500 points in total

The thought is using the veterans w/captain and the DC w/chaplain as my spear units, the assault squad enforces one or both where needed. They`ll take out targets on the same flank or (we`ll you get the plan don`t ya). At the same time the devastators and Baal take out some high priority targets as tanks or devastator type units oh and of course my opponents fast moving assault units. The two tactical squads will move up on separate flanks and reinforce and stand put on the objectives that my assault units and dev/baal cleares out.

That`s my main idea for the list at least.

C&C please

R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi.

Just a few ideas.

Chaplain Lemartes is a generally better choice than a normal chaplain, a few points for the stat advantages he gets is pretty good.

The troops and elites looks pretty good, maybe a little too few in number. I like the tactic of 10 man squads with heavy weapon, special weapon and power fist and rhino. Split the unit into combat squads, mounting the special weapon and power fist in the rhino, leaving the heavy weapon behind for support. The rhino squad can then advance toward objectives.

I would suggest dropping the power weapon on the devastators, they very rarely get into combat (they are usually too far away or shot down long before that!)

The Baal predator is a good choice, but at the current points it has no weapons aside from the assault cannon. Heavy bolters are a good idea for extra shots.

Hope that helps.
    Winter War Winner with:
    7 Wins
    1 Draw
    0 Losses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice there

Haven`t really maintained this thread, but here`s what I`m running for at the moment:

HQ
    Company Captain w/twin lightning claws og jump pack (w/veterans)
    150 pts

Chaplain w/jump pack (w/DC)
    120 pts

ELITES
    5*Death Company w/jump packs
    25 pts

6*Veteran Assault Squad w/PF, 2*PW and 1*flamer
    235 pts

TROOPS
    Tactical Squad#1, w/PW, 1 meltagun and Rhino
    255 pts

Tactical Squad#2, w/PW, 1 meltagun and Rhino
    255 pts

Assault Squad, w/PF
    165 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Devastator Squad w/1*Heavy Bolter and 2*Missile Launchers
    170 pts

Baal Predator w/heavy bolter sponsons
    125 pts

1500 points on the money.

R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

Yeah sorry about my spelling and the rest, its because i tend to type too fast and write what im thinking (points values included), il mod myself lol.

Yep i think you've got your list sorted out pretty well there, you have a good mix of stuff, i tend to use more or less the same list as that but use Memphiston or Dante instead of another Hq.

Another faviorite of mine is Moriar the Chosen a death company dread, his profile is in the old codex but not in the new one but i dont see why you cant use him, very nasty in a tight spot, especially if you ds him in next to your opponents armour.

Tell me how your next match with this force goes,
    Hellblade out.

+ Reply to Thread