1500 ultramarine drop pod list (5th ed.) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 ultramarine drop pod list (5th ed.)

Let's try the new troop heavy list:

HQ

Tigurius 165
    (attached to the firs tac squad hereinbelow)

Elite

Terminators
    5 terminators
    2x assault cannons 240

Terminators
    (as above) 240

Troops

Tactical squad
    9 marines
    Veteren Sergeant
    Power Fist
    drop pod 195

Tactical squad
    10 marines
    meltagun
    Veteren Sergeant
    Power Fist
    drop pod 220

Tactical squad
    (as above) 220

Tactical squad
    (as above) 220

Marines = 50

Troops = 39

Seeing as most missions are "get the objective" I plan to simply drop pod onto the objectives, pods providing reasonable 4+ cover saves, and fight a war of attrition.

Any advise / comments / blood cudling criticism welcome :-D

I

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Nice list in theory and it's be interested to see it exectued.

I'd hope it would work, but I can't help feeling that if you play anyone with any long range firepower they will just sit back and shoot you from 24.1" away with impunity. In my opinion, if you are planning on sitting on objectives anyway you may as well take a few missile launchers for the tactical squads as they cost next to nothing and could save your bacon. You may lost a shot or two podding in but still for the cost I wouldn't mind that much.

Tigurius and the 24" Morale check of Doom is an awesome pod choice mind :-)

I assume the terminators are deploying (since otherwise you would have nothing on the board), are you putting them both down or are you deep striking one of them as well?

Regardless of what I said above I'd love to see how the list played out, and good luck on your reserves rolls!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the termies are also deepstriking.

It fits the whole "drop pod assault" theme, and its fits in with the fluff of how marines "sugically" assault enemies.

The missile launcher idea has merrit. Will defenitely try it out.

What I am wondering about is whether I should drop a teminaor squad, add a venerable dread in a pod (with a flamer of course) , and use the excess points for those imissile launchers...?

Thanx

I

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

I'd definitely go for it, podnaughts with heavy flamers are awesome, and they are enough of a threat on their own to draw enemies away from your objective-holding marines - and if you drop it on the opposite side of the board to the terminators, your opponent will have to either ignore one of them or split their more powerful weapons - obviously you could do this with the terminators too, but I'd put a dread in simply for flavour.

Bear in mind you can also put the terminators in a drop pod too - if you have the points, it's a way to nigh-on guarantee that they arrive safely, and it allows you to deploy them with a bit more freedom than the blast marker shaped cluster they currently end up in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a good list however i would personaly split a squad of 10 into 2 5 man squads and forget the drop pod. ~This is because you probably want to capture objectives near your edge and so these can do that. Aparat than that list looks solid. And how do pods give you a 4+cover save?
    Nothing more funny than 3 inquisitors with sanctify when facing deamons. They cant do anything while you stand in front of them having a tee break.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

339 (x8)

Personally, I think he has enough units to cover all objectives - you will have between 2 and 5 objectives in any given game, and Inquisator has 4 units of troops - which can hold or contest 4 objectives - and 2 units of elites, which can contest 2 others.

At 1500 pts taking 6 troops choices would weaken the army alot. He stated he is going for a war of attrition in objective games, in which 10 man squads are essential. Where kill points are used, splitting squads simply means there are more points for the enemy to earn, which is what you want to avoid.

Pods provide a 4+ cover save as they either count as an obscuring friendly unit is alive, or hard cover if destroyed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall I like the list, and the theme / fluff. I'd add missile launchers to the tac sqauds to be able to reach out and touch someone. You may consider adding one or more tp homers to the vet sgt.s if you want to deep strike them. Personally I am amused at the prospect of giving an opponent an empty board to shoot at until you can deploy the pods.
    I LOVE the smell of promethium in the morning!

+ Reply to Thread