How viable a list would this be? 1500 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How viable a list would this be? 1500 points

My goal here was basically to make use of two Black Reach sets. Though this'll probably change a whole lot when the new codex is out, hopefully I won't have to change it too much. It's designed so that it'll be as cheap as possible, the only units it'll use are two Black Reach sets, a devsatator squad, some assorted bits, and 10 space marines. Which means I'll have to use a lot of missile launchers and flamers since that's what the black reach set comes with.

Captain, bolt pistol, power sword
    5-man command squad

Captain, bolt pistol, power sword
    5-man command squad

10 terminators with 2 cyclone missiles (because it'd be easier to glue on cyclones than saw off storm bolters and replace them)

2 Dreads with multimeltas

10-man tactical squad, missile launcher, flamer
    10-man tactical squad, missile launcher, flamer

5-man devastator squad, missile launcher, heavy bolter, 2 plasma cannons

If I can buy some spare devastator weapon bits, I'll be able to replace some of those weapons. Using that combination because that's what the box says they come with.

There's basically no AV 14 used at the shop I go to, except one guy with a land raider and the guard players probably have some russes, so using S8 instead of lascannons isn't that bad, and theoretically the dreads can take out the stronger stuff if they can ever manage to get close.

Depending on how easy or hard it is to mod them, I've got 5 points left over, I can probably replace one of those flamers with a plasma, or one of the missile launchers with a lascannon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thought of putting two captains in a force makes me twitch. It runs counter to a lot of the fluff, and it adds little additional utility. I'd recommend a reclusiarch if you must take another HQ unit.

I would probably swap out the flamers on the tactical squads for plasma guns if you want to play shooty with them or swap the missile launchers for multimeltas if you plan on getting close with them. the mixed ranges on the heavy weapons means mis using one of them, wasted points in my book. I would also look at getting term honors for the sergeant and a power fist for the tac squads.

I am not a fan of the cyclone launcher, but I usually end up assaulting with my term units. Your mileage may vary.
    I LOVE the smell of promethium in the morning!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again, this is using the Black Reach set. They're snap-together models so will likely be very difficult to do much modding to them, the flamer and missile launchers are what they come with and will be what they use unless I can figure out a way to cut off their arms satisfactorily and glue on regular ones. And it comes with two captains, so that's what I'll use.

Basically, they're mostly cast as one solid piece, with a few parts like the backpacks, weapons, and lower arms snapping into place with pegs. So to change the weapon I'd have to completely cut the arm off and replace it with something else assuming that I don't slip and slice off part of the shoulderguards or something.
    Last edited by jh316; July 30th, 2008 at 06:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I decided that I can use the captains in lower point games. I'm going to do a fluffy Iron Hands list. Bionics, veteran sergeants in terminator suits, that kinda thing. It's inefficient as hell, but it'll be for fluff and will be fun.

HQ: Techmarine, iron halo, servo harness, bionics, jump pack

Elites:
    5 terminators, 2 assault cannons, bionics on the sergeant

Troops:
    Tac squad with plasma cannon and plasmagun, veteran sergeant with terminator armor, storm bolter, power fist, bionics
    Tac squad with heavy bolter and plasmagun, veteran sergeant with terminator armor, storm bolter, power fist, bionics

Fast attack:
    6 assault marines, 1 plasma pistol
    Veteran assault marine sergeant, powerfist, bionics
    Techmarine HQ attached to them.

Heavy support:

8 devastators, 4 missile launchers

Dread, twin-linked lascannon
    Dread, assault cannon
    Last edited by jh316; July 31st, 2008 at 07:35.

+ Reply to Thread