500pt DH & IG - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 500pt DH & IG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500pt DH & IG

Hi

I'll likely be facing SM & Nids.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

HQ
    Brother Captain (vanilla)

Troops
    x4 Grey knights & Justicar (vanilla)
    x5 IST w/ x2 plas or melta?

IG
    Senior Officer w/ retinue
    sqd 1 w/missile launcher & Grenade Launcher
    sqd 2 w/ Heavy Bolter & Grenade Launcher.

total - 497

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wot not comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, theres a few things but its personal prefrence when i bring these notes up.

1. BC is pretty much good for being a psycannon sniper,if hes not taking advantage of that termie armor hes pretty much just an expensive justicar.

2. From what i remember you have to have a min of 5 PAGK in a squad (including Justicar) soo your 4 may be illegal and even if its not, bring more!!! You got IG squads to fill in extra points PAGK steal the show

3. Since your forming a list for those specific enemies, i honestly dont expect there to be much armor (mabie a rhino or somthing) so if your gotta choose between plasma/melta i would say plasma, your PAGK's and plasmas can take care of low armor at this point level.

4. Your IG squads... i would just get rid of them and eather beef up your PAGK or make them "IST" squads for the extra plasma/melta, and that way you can have at least 2 full sized groups with noticable damage potential, but then again im just a "full squad" kinda guy with 5th edition

Hope i helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, drop the grenade launchers, they arn't that useful, too weak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

First thing I would do is drop the Senior officer of the IG squad to a Junior Officer. Just as "Survivable" and more fluffy.

Next, I would suggest turning the IG platoon into an Armored Fist squad. You'll find the Chimera to be pretty survivable at 500 point games. Then you can give one guy in the squad a flamer for those 'nids.

I agree, go with the plasma guns.

Definitely drop the grenade launchers.

I personally think that if you really want the IG, then you should drop the Grey Knights. They're just too expensive at this point level and you could get another IST squad (and boost up the numbers in the other), and then probably kit out your BC with a Psycannon (very nice at this point level), and perhaps even afford a Rhino to ride around in (that way if you choose the armored fist squad you have more armored targets for the opponent to shoot at)!

@ztlambe: His GK squad is at 5 US by the way, he has 4 vanilla knights + 1 justicar.

So, disregarding point values because I don't have my books handy, here's what I'd suggest:

BC w/ Psycannon

IST x 7 - 2x Plasma, Rhino w/ Extra Armor (smoke if points are there)
    IST x 7 - 2x Plasma

IG Armored Fist Squad
    -10 Guardsmen, 1 w/ flamer
    -Chimera w/ Multi-Laser, Heavy bolter, extra armor (smoke if points are there).

The only thing that you cannot technically kill will be AV 14 vehicles, though toting a Land Raider at this point level should leave you with a troop count advantage. If you are worried about mechanized vehicles, perhaps switch the plasmaguns from one IST squad to Meltaguns.
    Currently Playing:
    Fantasy: Daemons (Angels), 40k: Black Templars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you playing with the 4th Ed rules or the 5th Ed rules?

My biggest problem with the BC in the 5th Ed, is that because of the change in shooting at IC's they became a 91 point shooting ducks. With only 1 wound in a termi armor, my opp just needs something to shoot at this guy, lascannon or plasma, or anything else, and I just need 1 bad roll to lose my HQ... So I'd suggest (with all my love for GK's) a small =I= retinue in low point games, as their survivability is far better...

So I'd modify Spaar's list a bit for 5th Ed (I like spaar's list in 4th Ed), like:

=I= Lord with a small retinue (Example build: =I= w/ Psycannon+artificer armour, 2 HB servitors, 1 sage, 1 mystic, 1 acolyte - 164 points) - Remember, there is no more majority save rule!!! You can allocate the first wound every time on the =I= and if it would kill him, just give the wound to the acolyte.

IST x 7 - 2x Plasma - 90 pts
    IST x 7 - 2x Plasma - 90 pts
    IG armoured fist squad with flamer - 156 pts (ML + HHL + EA)
    Maybe even try the hull heavy flamer on the chimera instead of the HHB

I don't really know how the list would fare, but you have a hell of a lot firepower. If - and I hope that it will happen - we also get the new stormshield (3++ save against all) somehow, stormshield acolites will be an important part of every =I= retinue. Until then we should learn the new retinue rules, and the new wound allocation rules.

+ Reply to Thread