First ever try at Blood Angels... Be gentle... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

First ever try at Blood Angels... Be gentle...

Well, here goes nothing:

HQ
    Commander Dante

Corbulo

Elites
    8 Veteran Assault Marines
    Powerfist
    2 Melta Guns

9 Death Company
    Jump Packs

Troops
    10 Assault Marines
    Powerfist

10 Assault Marines
    Powerfist

5 Tactical Marines
    Plasma Gun
    Drop Pod

Well, the strategy is to advance full pelt with the Assault Marines and Death Company. Then drop down Corbulo into the heart of the enemy, which will allow my Assault Marines to take on most foes, especially if Dante is still there (basic troops getting 3 S5 attacks, re rolling misses and hitting on 3's most of the time....).

Only think bothering me is anti tank, however, i should hopefully be able to take them out with meltas/combat.

~{Archy}~

omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

i think this list is solid but i agree with your statement in that your lacking anti-tank power. i would suggest you switch the meltas from the vetran assault marines to the tac squads. in application, you want your vet assault squad in combat as much as possible, where the meltas are least effective and taking away an attack each from combat. if there on the tac squad, it should free up your vets for killing even more in CC. plus your tac squads can spit up and run around with the fists and melta guns.

on a personal note, i dont quite agree with using 2 special characters. espicially the blood angels ones. there are very cheap compared to there replacments. you can get away with one most of the time, but you wont have to many happy opponents when using 2.
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BA special chars really are very good. But unfortunately Corbulo is the only way to give Furious Charge back the Blood Angels in any way shape or form. Since for some reason they lack the ability to take veteran skills. (Just don't take Corbulo near Mephiston =P People tend not to like if he assaults at I7 S6 >> not that they like if you ever bring him anyway =/)

If you are to bring Dante though, I've found that taking an honor guard with his chapter Banner upgrade makes him worth even more. As it will give all your troops in range an extra attack. Dante now in the 5th ed rules is a really great Army Buffing character. So your normal troopers would have four attacks with preferred enemy, even four fist attacks again! On the charge. The vets and DC would then have five. Which is plenty nasty.

Perhaps shift the tactical squad to the honor guard, with Corbulo.

For ranged Anti tank you could also possibly try a Squad of Attack bikes. But where you shifted the points from is up to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

i just noticed too, that your death company should be 195 points.
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont really like the idea of JP DC with corbulo. They are eventually going to be outside his range of control, but i guess if you make sure to position them correctly they are going to go where you want in the end.

Dante + Corbulo is a very strong combo however, I would probly go with the honour guard and the chapter banner as stated, and probably take the DC without JP's in a rhino with Corbulo. But thats just my personal preference.

Looks pretty solid however, you could use a MM AB or 2 for AT.

is a Brother of Arterius Bleyden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Taking 2 special characters is rather cheeky, but they make such a deadly duo. Dante in 5th Ed is one of the best HQs in the game, esp if you have Honour Guard with Chapter Banner.

Corbulo is good as he is the only way to get Furious Charge (apart from being DC) in the BA army. One very cheeky tactic I saw was having Corbulo in a rhino with VAS flying next to/behind it. This meant they were within 12" of Corbulo but he wouldnt get into battle, Race to the battleline and hunker down.

I think it is a better cost of money having DC in a rhino/razorback as they are more protected and if you dont have corbulo nearby they wont jump into a forest and die (thats happened to me before).

I think 5th Ed means instead of Lemartes being on every battlefield, it will be Dante. Which I think is a good thing coz he's a kick ass character!!!
    Best Oxymorons:
    3. Marital Bliss 2. Military Intelligence 1. MICROSOFT WORKS
    Vassal Record 1-2.
    bleyden.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread