2000 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 point list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point list

My main opponents will be MEQs, Tau, and a few Orks and Nids, with some vehicles but not many. Only taking one plasma because of the rarity of it in my regiment. It's limited only to Armored Fists, Stormtroopers, and Veterans. I'm considering taking a second Armored Fist and dropping the fire support squads to get the points, what do you guys think? Doing that'd leave me with 3 points, maybe smoke launchers on something or give my other officers bolt pistols. The only thing that's set in stone right now are the fast attack, heavy support, the mortars, the doctrines, and having at least 1 armored fist. I'm willing to change almost anything else, but I'd like to keep a good mix of heavy bolters and autocannons in there.

Doctrines: Allow ratlings, drop troops, close order drill, iron discipline, sharpshooters

HQ:

Junior Officer, Honorifica, Bolt Pistol, Power Sword, iron discipline
    Mortar
    Veteran standard bearer

Fire support squad, 3 heavy bolter
    Fire support squad, 3 autocannons, sharpshooter

Anti-tank squad, 3 lascannons, sharpshooter

1 sentinel, autocannon

Elites:

10 ratlings

Troops:

Command squad, mortar, surveyor, iron discipline

Heavy bolter, grenade launcher
    Heavy bolter, grenade launcher
    Autocannon, grenade launcher
    Autocannon, grenade launcher

Command squad, mortar, surveyor, iron discipline

Lascannon
    Lascannon

Armored fist, mortar, plasmagun (I figure while they're waiting for their opening they'll use the mortar from the chimera's top, and then when they're moving forward what heavy weapon they have won't matter anyway)
    Chimera, multilaser, heavy bolter, heavy stubber, extra armour

Heavy support:
    Basilisk, indirect fire
    Leman russ, 3 heavy bolters
    Leman russ, 3 heavy bolters

Fast attack:
    1 sentinel, autocannon
    1 sentinel, autocannon
    Hellhound

Last edited by jh316; August 1st, 2008 at 11:15.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x2)

I would replace the armored first squads mortar with a heavy bolter. Not because I don't like mortars but because I'm pretty sure you can only pin with mortar fire that comes from mortars that the victim's unit can not see. If you park your chimera somewhere were you have no LOS then you aren't getting anything out of you multilas, stubba, or heavy bolter. If you take the heavy bolter instead though, thats 12 36" shots coming from you chimera till you feel like moving an using the plasma or whatever.

Sharpshooters is alright. It can help you out but you could also spend the points elsewhere.
    Are the surveyors just fluff or filler? I always thought they seemed like a waste of points but with the new flanking rules I don't know. Do they even affect flanking enemy units? If surveyors have no effect on flanking units I would get rid of them. If your plan is, stick the officers in the back and have surveyors so you can react to enemy flankers, if surveyors even help with that, I might get rid of sharpshooters or something and give a guardsmen or two a grenade launcher or a flamethrower so they can do some damage to units sneaking up on you. Maybe give your HSO a storm bolter instead of a power sword.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The surveyors are just filler. Not every unit that can infiltrate will outflank, I won't be outflanking with my ratlings. I figure there's a small chance of them sending some mortar fire at them.

If the mortars can't still fire barrage when you have LOS, I'll definitely replace them with HBs in the armored fists.

Officer is using a power sword because I want to use this awesome-looking model once my local store orders it for me, and I figure I may as well do WYSIWYG with him. Games Workshop

EDIT: I just checked, and it says "barrage weapons can fire at a target they cannot see", which I interpret as the rules stated for barrage weapons are the rules for it with LOS, and then it makes a note near the bottom that without LOS you can't subtract BS from the scatter but otherwise use them normally.
    Last edited by jh316; August 2nd, 2008 at 08:55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by jh316 View Post
    The surveyors are just filler. Not every unit that can infiltrate will outflank, I won't be outflanking with my ratlings. I figure there's a small chance of them sending some mortar fire at them.

If the mortars can't still fire barrage when you have LOS, I'll definitely replace them with HBs in the armored fists.

Officer is using a power sword because I want to use this awesome-looking model once my local store orders it for me, and I figure I may as well do WYSIWYG with him. Games Workshop

EDIT: I just checked, and it says "barrage weapons can fire at a target they cannot see", which I interpret as the rules stated for barrage weapons are the rules for it with LOS, and then it makes a note near the bottom that without LOS you can't subtract BS from the scatter but otherwise use them normally.
    The mortars can still fire just fine at targets they can and can't see. What I wanted to point out was, I don't have the rules on me so double check this, under barrage fire in the weapon section it says that units that fail saving throws from barrage weapons that they can't see have to take a pinning test. Personally, I like mortars but I think the heavy bolter is going to do more damage than a mortar that won't pin if your target can see where the fire is coming from.

You can't argue with "awesome-looking" models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't specify that, it just says "all barrage weapons are pinning".

Another reason for me to use the mortars is I'm going to get all my heavy weapons from 2 battleforces, so I'm pushing it by using 5 of my 6 available heavy bolters already. Won't have any left for conversions, or for expanding on the army if I go for apocalypse point levels later on.
    Last edited by jh316; August 2nd, 2008 at 20:10.

+ Reply to Thread