500 pnt pure DH (first attempt, plz rate) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 pnt pure DH (first attempt, plz rate)

hi,
    this is my planning for my first 500 pnts of DH.
    if possible (i know its possible.. but tacticaly) id like to stick with the GK models in my army.
    here it goes:

HQ:

GK-hero --> BC 61

Troops:

5x PAGK -> 1 armed with incinerator 185
    1x justicar

1x justicar

Heavy Support:

Orbital lance strike 70

ill be most of the times facing tau, sm and sometimes orks.
    my plan was to get in cc with the tau and sm as fast as possible,
    and in case of orks ill just wait for 'em to come while I shoot at them.

plz rate it (because it probably will be very bad *sigh* but I just don't see it)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by innaedokwan View Post
    HQ:

GK-hero --> BC 61

Troops:

1x justicar

1x justicar

Heavy Support:

Orbital lance strike 70
    Well, the trouble with PAGK's armed with incinerators that are on foot is that you're not likely to get much use out of them due to their short range. At most you'll get a single shot with them before you're in combat, which isn't likely to be optimal if your opponent is paying attention, though it does make a decent deterrent for any slow foot-slogging assault squads. Nevertheless, I think if you're on foot, you'll do more damage overall with the stormbolter, and that way you keep the nemesis force weapon and true grit for assaults. Because of that, I'd recommend either psycannons or keeping them with their stormbolter/nemesis force weapon combo.

The Orbital strike (as we were talking about in another thread) isn't the most reliable weapon. At this low points-level, your enemies forces are going to be sparse enough that using an orbital strike seems suspect as your only tank-hunting weapon. If you're going to use one, though, the best one by far is the Melta Torpedo. Its extra penetration die makes all the difference, since blast weapons have their strength rounded down against AV vehicles if they don't hit with the central hole over the target. Consequently, the Lance Strike is pretty unlikely (like 1-in-6 chance!) to even penetrate rhino armor! The Melta Torpedo still has enough strength to insta-kill marine-equivalent toughness, and decent AP as well. The only times where a Lance Strike is superior is against Tyranids (who have no AV targets) or Necrons (whose only AV target ignores the additional penetration die from the torpedo). Suffice it to say it's worth the 10-point upgrade =).

Other than that, I think it's a pretty good list. If I were to make a 500 point list using these elements, I think I'd do something like this, personally:

HQ - 71
    Brother Captain (Hammerhand)

Troop1 - 175
    Justicar, GKx5

Troop2 - 175
    Justicar, GKx4 (1 w/ psycannon)

HS - 80
    Melta Torpedo

The psycannon will give you something for the sort of light vehicles you might see at this low points level, or extra anti-infantry kick against the Tau or Orks. The Hammerhand on the Brother Captain was just because I had 10 points left, and it'll give you something against being assaulted by Dreadnoughts and the like, or anything with just an invulnerable save. Stick him in the GK squad without the psycannon and make that your primary assault squad.

Now, at 500 points, I think I'd make a list like this:

HQ - 61
    Brother-Captain

Troop1 - 175
    Justicar, GKx5

Troop2 - 175
    Justicar, GKx5

Troop2 - 90
    ISTx7 (2xPlasma Gun)

This gives you another scoring unit, some nice low-AP fire for marines, battlesuits, and other elite infantry, and the strength is high enough to threaten most vehicles you're likely to see.

Your call, of course. You could always start by building the Grey Knights with orbital strike version (since the O-strike is a zero-modeling game-entity), play a few games, and add the ISTs if you want to try it with more troops.

Quote Originally Posted by innaedokwan View Post
    and in case of orks ill just wait for 'em to come while I shoot at them.
    Even better than that -- use the fact that all our troops have Assault weapons and deploy close to them in your deployment zone, and walk away from them while shooting! It'll give you that much more time to shoot them.

Hope it helps!

-H

[edit: Neat, 1,111 posts! I'll have to keep my eye on it for my 1337 post. Guess it'll have to be a good one ]
    Last edited by Hasten; August 5th, 2008 at 17:48.
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the comment.
    I'll stick to the O-strike then for a while (since Im on a low budget )

then another question which I didnt understood (or perhaps this should be in the army section but Ill try it here) :
    the codex says: "True Grit....... (skipped a few lines) This means they gain, the bonus attack dice for being armed with an additionel close combat weapon, providing they have not charged in the same Assault phase."

I dont get it, what do they mean by providing? (guess this will be my disadvantage of being dutch, being unable to understand some of the English word in the context)
    Do they mean that if I charge my GK only get an extra attack for charging?? or do i get an extra attack for charging and one for my 2cc weapons??

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

When using True Grit (as GK do), you will only ever get +1 attack, even when you charge, as opposed to +2 attacks when charging (due to the +1 from two CCW's).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okey thnx its clear to me now

+ Reply to Thread