1000 Point Blood Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    is a Brother of Arterius Bleyden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

1000 Point Blood Angels

I made a 2000 point fun army the other day and I took it to GW and played a couple of games (and won both woop) but that was with my friends, lovely painted Blood Angels. I have since dug out my old Dark Angels (from 3rd ed) and am going to repaint them and play em as Blood Angels.

First of all this is what I own:
    1 Captain
    1 Chaplain
    1 Librarian (yes I know im an idiot for buying 3HQs)
    10 man Tactical Squad
    5 man Assault Squad
    5 Terminators
    10 odd marines (theyre from the game Space Crusade, shows how old I am)

From this Ive managed to work out a 1000 point army list that I shouldnt need to buy too much stuff for:

Chaplain - Vanilla
    5 Death Company (need to buy)
    Razorback (need to buy)
    TL Heavy Bolters

Tactical Squad
    10 strong
    Missile Launcher
    Flamer
    Vet Sarge with Power Fist

Tactical Squad
    10 Strong
    Plasma Cannon
    Flamer
    Vet Sarge with Power Weapon

5x Vet Assault squad

5x Terminators

Total is 1000 points

Dont know whether to get rhino instead of razorback but I dont have much firepower. Overcharged engines would be nice though...
    Also dont know whether to get rid of PF and PW in tacticals to give upgrades to VAS or Termies.

I really want to do his right coz I dont have much money so any help is really appreciated.

Best Oxymorons:
    3. Marital Bliss 2. Military Intelligence 1. MICROSOFT WORKS
    Vassal Record 1-2.
    bleyden.blogspot.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright,
    With ur tac squads i think ur only allowed one hvy weapon with the new codex,

Death co. can only use a rhino or drop pod, i tryed the rhazor back (can carry six bd now) at a club game an got a rollicking from one of the shop people lol)he was a rules buff).

Id bin the pwr weapon from ur tac squad as u realy dont want them into combat at all, it might be worth keeping the pwr fist in the other just in case (keep the one without the pf out of cc fights).

Ur vet assaults are in need of a makeover lol their made to carry nasty stuff into close with the oponent (meltas, plasma guns, fists, pwr weapons), swap ur pwr weapon from your tac squad to them, maybe even the fist if you want.

Try to get either a plasma gun or other assault hvy in your vet squad to uncrease their hit power.

For your terminator squad id put an assault cannon on as it gives you long range punch and a nice bit of rending to boot. Little cheat if you have the flamer arm of a termie as well as the assault cannon stick it on with a bit of double sided tape or summat, allows you to change your gun choice without buying another terminator. your moneys better off in your pocket then theirs lol

Oh yeah whats TL heavy bolters lol im not much good with most of the terminology lol.

With a tiny bit of tweakin you've got a pretty good list there.

Tell me how it plays

Hellblade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TL = Twin-Linked?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Thanks for the comments guys, well spotted on the DC and Razorback Rule.

Ive made a few tweaks to my list and hopefully you will have more useful comments.

HQ
    Chaplain
    Vanilla

Elites
    5 Death Company
    Rhino - Extra Armour

5 Terminators

5 Veteran Assault Squad
    3 Power Weapons
    Meltagun

Troops
    10 Tactical Marines
    Missile Launcher
    Flamer

10 Tactical Marines
    Missile Launcher
    Flamer

As you see the VAS has now been super-boosted with lots of Power Weapons and a meltagun for tanks. I put Missile Launchers on the tactical squads as they can be pretty good anti-tank as well as anti infantry (probably will use Krak for MEQ).

If its not annihilation i will split the 2 squads into combat squads with each squad with ML will hang back (like a budget dev squad) while the flamer squads march forward to claim objectives.

The Rhino will overcharge its engines every turn and get the Chaplain and DC into combat ASAP and then later on in the game (if it hasnt been blown up) it can ferry combat squads to objectives.

My anti-armour consists of the meltagun on the assault squad, missile launchers and deep striking the terminators and using powerfists (esp now assaulters attack rear armour).

Hopefully this list meets approval but ALL comments and criticism are welcome.
    Best Oxymorons:
    Vassal Record 1-2.
    bleyden.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Woot! A convert! Welcome to the wonderful world of the Black Rage and the Red Thirst.

Your termies might be a bit of points sink... 200 pts is alot for 5 guys so as you build this up over time you could pick up some Attack Bikes, as they are very good in BA armies (and cheap), or a few Rhinos for your Tac Squads, for your 200 pts I think you could get 2 of each. That would make your list better against fast moving armor and will get your tacs to those ever important objectives, not to mention might give them a bit more survivability.

Good luck
    "Boonm you not rrrh rot
    dot n dot n dot per rot
    dot n not n dot per
    n dot chi cot n dot rrr ah"

-Jonathan Davis "Twist", Why did I ever listen to this guy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by kr0w17 View Post
    Woot! A convert! Welcome to the wonderful world of the Black Rage and the Red Thirst.

Your termies might be a bit of points sink... 200 pts is alot for 5 guys so as you build this up over time you could pick up some Attack Bikes, as they are very good in BA armies (and cheap), or a few Rhinos for your Tac Squads, for your 200 pts I think you could get 2 of each. That would make your list better against fast moving armor and will get your tacs to those ever important objectives, not to mention might give them a bit more survivability.

Good luck
    Thanks for the reply but im gonna play the termies because i have the termies. There are a hang-on from my old DA army and I realy dont have the money to buy that much more stuff.

Wehn I decide to buy enough to make 1500 points I will probably dump them as they cost a lot but im not in a financial situation to do that.

but apart from that, did you like the list?
    Best Oxymorons:
    Vassal Record 1-2.
    bleyden.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Its not a bad starter list, by all means play with what you have now.
    My intention was that if you decide to continue collecting and adding to your army, those are some things to think about.
    "Boonm you not rrrh rot
    dot n dot n dot per rot
    dot n not n dot per
    n dot chi cot n dot rrr ah"

-Jonathan Davis "Twist", Why did I ever listen to this guy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep that be a gd list,

For now you could upgrade one or two or your termies to have a chainfist, with its 2d6 armour pen. this will help even more with ur tactic.

As kr0w17 said attack bikes are very handy, ive only got one mixed in with a bike squad and that squad is deadly (tank hunters) very handy fo slowing your opponents advance or taking out troops holding objectives, or even blasting command squads (three melta/multimelta hits = three vaped marines and no saves lol).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Thanks for the reviews. When I decide to go to 1500 I was gonna add a Furioso and some attack bikes first of all. The models aren't great I know but they are just so good at hunting tanks, esp when they speed boost and ruin enemy lines.

When I go to 1500 I will include more troops as well and maybe a Baal Pred.

I might drop the flamers for a chain fist or two...

Mucho Thanko
    Best Oxymorons:
    Vassal Record 1-2.
    bleyden.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Chaplain ( for 5 more pts u get lemartes and an extra wound and death mask. he looks just like any chaplain so u wont have to buy the model.
    Vanilla

Elites
    5 Death Company if u get to buy these get them jump packs and run them with chaplain lemartes) u get furious charge with re roll to hit on charge and rending on wounds. they are deadly.

Rhino - Extra Armour (no need for extra armour keep rhino cheap also rhino would be better for a tac squad. keep missile launcher standing still with combat squad and other squad in rhino to rapid fire once u move up with rhino)

5 Terminators

5 Veteran Assault Squad
    3 Power Weapons
    Meltagun

Troops
    10 Tactical Marines
    Missile Launcher
    Flamer

10 Tactical Marines
    Missile Launcher
    Flamer

this list could work for you.