Ordo Xenos 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ordo Xenos 1500

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

Ordo Xenos 1500

Hi all, this is my first pass at an Ordo Xenos list. The list is supposed to be foccused on fighting the Dark Eldar soplease keep that in mind whne reviewing it. It should be able to play OK against most enemies though so suggestions for tweaks are more than welcome. I don't want any vehicles, but other than that feel free to shout at me about whatever.

Doctrines

Drop Troops
    Cameleoline
    Hardened Veterans
    Xeno Fighters (Dark Eldar)
    Carapace Armour

HQ

Command Platoon

Command Squad 121 pts
    Leutenant Ambor Thom (Junior OFficer)
    Plasma Pistol, Close Combat Weapon
    4 Meltas
    Carapace
    Cameleoline

Death Watch Kill Team 260 pts
    Librarian Belamar
    Veteran Marine Elandry equipped with modified Splinter Cannon (Counts as Heavy Bolter)
    Veteran Marine Harald equipped with modified Splinter Cannon (Counts as Heavy Bolter)
    Veteran Marine Keelor
    Veteran Marine Nandres
    Inferno Bolts

Troops

Alpha Platoon 301 pts

Command Squad
    Lieutenant Dimitiri (Junior Officer), Bolter
    4 Guardsmen, Flamers
    Carapace Armour
    Cameleoline

Squad 1
    Veteran Sergeant Glim, Bolter
    Flamer
    Carapace Armour
    Cameleoline

Squad 2
    Veteran Sergeant Julius, Bolter
    Flamer
    Carapace Armour
    Cameleoline

Omega Platoon 343 pts

Command Squad
    Lieutenant Collins (Junior Officer), Bolter
    4 Guardsmen, Blasters (Count as Meltas)
    Carapace Armour
    Cameleoline

Squad 1
    Veteran Sergeant Ferras, Plasma Pistol
    Melta
    Carapace Armour
    Cameleoline

Squad 2
    Veteran Sergeant Iacor, Plasma Pistol
    Melta
    Carapace Armour
    Cameleoline

Elites

Inquisitor (and Retinue) 194 pts
    Inquisitor Andars
    Force Weapon, Bolt Pistol
    Scourging, Divine Pronouncement
    Veteran Guardsman Sanderson
    Acolyte Vena Sarosi: Wyche Weapons (count as Mancatchers)
    Familiar
    Sage Darran Withers
    Chirugeons Eppen Ford and Matthias Arbour

Ericus' Boys
    143 pts
    Hardened Veteran Sergeant Ericus, Macharian Cross, Bolter
    2 Hardened Veterans, Heavy Bolter
    3 Hardened Veterans, Grenade Launchers
    Carapace Armour
    Cameleoline
    Xeno Fighters

Fane's Lads 143 pts
    Hardened Veteran Sergeant Fane, Macharian Cross, Bolter
    2 Hardened Veterans, Heavy Bolter
    3 Hardened Veterans, Grenade Launchers
    Carapace Armour
    Cameleoline
    Xeno Fighters

1500 Points Exactly

Plan in short: The Inquisitor sets up normally, everything else Infiltrates (if it can) or Deepstrikes (If it can't infiltrate).

Against DE:
    The objective is to neutralise the enemies main advantage (mobility) whislt playing up to my own (Fire power) so the Hardend Veterans will be infiltrated in such a way as to be in each others fields of fire whilst being a reasonable distance appart and in cover, this will ensure that to take out both squads will require a considerable commitment of forces in both directions, essentially ensuring I choose where the enemy moves. More importantaly if one squad is taken out the other will be able to shoot those enemies that assaulted it. The sentinels will outflank. The drop troops will then be used to further reduce the enemies advantage of mobility by being able to bring firepower to bear on his army piecemeal (if it has split to engage my infiltrating squads) or to form a firebase a good distance from the enemy if the army has not. The meltas wil obviously dorp in near vehicles wherever possible. The inquistor will advance, attempting to stay in cover as much as possible and hold a position on the nearest objective (in objective based missions) to my deployment zone. He will then use his psychic powers to break untis, either by lowering thier leadership and having htem shot or by directly causing tests (or btoh over two turns if neccesary) the retinue is mainly there to protect him, however with the new rules causing you to move in when charged the Acolytes can be used to heavily weaken the most dangerous model in each squad (the lord, succubus or sybarite) and allow the Inquisitor a good chance at dealing with tehn enemy. In addition later in the game the inquisotrs retinue can be used to clear objectives with a blast from the flamers and a charge, they can only do it once, but that should be enough as it is not their primary role.

Last edited by karantalsis; August 17th, 2008 at 02:06.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

Great Idea for an army mate, sounds really characterful and could have some great conversion opportunities for you there. A couple of slight issues.

1: You have to have an officer as a HQ choice to lead your army according to the IG codex. He doesn't have to be expensive, but he does have to be there.... Unfortunately this means you would have to demote the Inq to an elites choice, and cut down his retinue.

2: I don't think that ratlings make much sense given the ordo xenos background.... They are after all xenos? Maybe swap them out for a third veteran squad? Or consider a couple of sentinels walking on the flanks with autocannons? Great for hunting the light vehicles favoured by dark eldar.

I would also possibly add a couple more heavy weapons. What you have would probably fair well against the DE, but I would have some missile launchers say on the side in case of fighting a more heavily armoured opponent. Possibly even consider having them in the standard list, remember, they can fire frag which are even more effective in the new rules.

I also like the idea of keeping the line squads free of heavy weps. This can make a big differance in the new edition allowing you to keep your troops mobile, and heading for those objectives.

Hope this helps.
    Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

You would normally need an Officer, but (unless I have missed something) I can use a a Deathwatch squad as my HQ choice in an Imperial Guard army, thus filling the requirement for HQs. I'm not excatly very familiar with IG though so may well have missed a rule in the codex.

I'll tkae your other suggestions on board and have a fiddle. I was kind of thinking the 6 grenade launchers in the vet squads could work as missile launchers (sort of) as they have frag and krak and will be close enought that the 24" range shouldn't matter, is that a mistake?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x1)

The frag and krak concept works fine with grenade launchers, It's just the power that I meant to watch out for. You might need the missile launchers should you face anything with heavier armour than dark eldar, as you are lacking in heavy firepower. After saying that your melta gun armed troops are deepstriking, so the range should not be an issue. Just something to consider.

If you look in the IG codex at the command platoon entry, the command platoon is listed as a 1 choice. This means unfortunately that it must always be included. The only way around this would be to have a witchunter or demon hunter army with inducted guard, but this would eliminate your doctrines. No easy way out there I'm sorry to say.

P.s. I'm actually really liking the idea of a 3 GL, 1 ML vet squad..... 4 accurate templates against low armoured troops would be deadly, especially with the new improved effectiveness.
    Last edited by Cripsin; August 15th, 2008 at 19:45.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by karantalsis View Post
    You would normally need an Officer, but (unless I have missed something) I can use a a Deathwatch squad as my HQ choice in an Imperial Guard army, thus filling the requirement for HQs. I'm not excatly very familiar with IG though so may well have missed a rule in the codex.
    I'm pretty sure that, in nearly every single case of allying etc., your core 1 HQ and 2 Troops must be from the parent codex. I can't see why this would be any different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cripsin View Post
    2: I don't think that ratlings make much sense given the ordo xenos background.... They are after all xenos?
    Ratlings aren't xenos, they're mutants. Sanctioned mutants at that, not the bad kind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

Made a few changes to the list, keeping peoples comments and suggestions in mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x1)

I really hate to keep poking holes in this, but.... For special equipment doctrines, the codex states that if you select the doctrine, then all models that can have it must have it. So in your case your command squads need carapace, and everything needs camo....

Apart from that the list looks great!

Not sure what you'd have to remove to get that lot in.... maybe one of the sentinels? Though they should pan out well for you.

Sorry to be a pain.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

You're not being a pain at all I am totally unfamiliar with the army, thanks for you're help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x1)

Finito!

List looks good to me mate, your men will be hard to shift with shooting, camo is a good investment. Keep them in cover (which is twice as easy now) and people will hate you forever.

Glad to be of service.

+ Reply to Thread