2000pt Mech - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000pt Mech

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Mech

HQ
    (1x) Brother Captain
    61pts

Elites
    (1x) Inquistor
    -2 Lightning Claws
    -Artificer Armour
    65pts

Troops
    (3x) 8 GK
    -1 Incinerator
    1 Justicar
    -Targetor
    783pts

(2x) 5 IST
    -2 Meltas
    Chimera
    -HB Turret
    -HB Hull
    -Extra Armour
    -Smoke
    326pts

Heavy Support
    (2x) LRC
    510pts

(1x) LR
    -Extra Armour
    255pts

2000pts on the nose

The BC and Inquisitor will each be hopping into one of the crusaders along with another squad. The 2 Chimeras will be running around the field with the IST's popping armour out it. And the final squad will be inthe normal raider mocing and providing support where it is needed.

Last edited by schenck; August 16th, 2008 at 09:12.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Looks pretty solid to me! Very nice list. I think I'd recommend multi-laser turret weapons instead of Heavy-bolters, as the added strength will make them a threat to light tanks, and even heavy tanks, provided they get a shot at the side or rear armor. The only problem I can see is that these Chimeras are going to be rushing around the field getting the melta squads in range of their targets, so I'm not sure that you'll be using the guns on them all that much. That means that Rhinos might be a better choice for this duty, though they are of course less versatile than the Chimeras.

One thing that might be nice to have is the Holocaust power on the Inquisitor and/or Brother-Captain. That power has gotten even more devastating under the new shooting and combat rules, due to the pre-combat counter-attack-style moves (meaning enemies are more closely-packed than ever), and the fact that our new FAQ stipulates that Holocaust follows the new shooting rules (so any models even partially under the large blast template are hit). Couple that with the fact that Holocaust kills count towards combat resolution, the somewhat anemic body count of Mechanized Daemonhunters lists, and the stiff leadership penalties applied to the combat's loser, and you have a pile of compelling reasons to use the power! Finding the points is always a challenge, of course, but it's something to keep in mind =).

Good luck with the list!

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the reason i picked the chimeras is that the rhinos only have 1 firepoint not 2 so then i would have to drop 1 melta a turn which means that there is only a 50% chance that it would hit but with 2 firing there is alot better chance. With holocaust i can't find anything to drop ecept GK and thats not good as im low on the model count already. if anyones got any other ideas it would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chimeras only have 1 firepoint, the second one is refering the the six lasguns mounted to the sides.
    I echo multilas instead of HB
    I would drop the inq

You could give all three Justicars arificar armor and meltabombs instead, add melta bombs to your BC and you got the same point total.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It says in the codex that chimeras have 2 firepoints. so since we have to use everything that goes againts us like it says in the codex (assault cannon) we can use all the things that go for us. So since it says 2 firepoints i am allowed 2 firepoints. About the inquisitor i wanted another fighter type guy with the other squad in the crusader and cause i can't take a BC then an inquisitor will have to do.

+ Reply to Thread