2000 pts Marines vs Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

2000 pts Marines vs Orks

Hi all,
    please find for your delectation my latest list for the next game in the campaign I am playing against dastardly Orks!

HQ

Master Agemman
    Power Weapon
    Bolt Pistol

Reclusiarch Decimus
    Jump Pack
    Bolt Pistol

ELITES

5 Man Terminator Squad Atreon
    Combi-Flamer
    Purity Seals
    2 x Assault Cannon
    Drop Pod

Dreadnought Durmius
    Venerable
    Heavy Flamer
    Smoke Launchers
    Drop Pod

Techmarine Merdius
    4 Heavy Bolter Servitors

TROOPS

10 Man Tactical Squad Marius
    Terminator Honours
    Powerfist
    Combi-Flamer
    Purity Seals
    Heavy Bolter
    Flamer
    Relentless (campaign-granted Veteran ability)
    Drop Pod

10 Man Tactical Squad Sentius
    Heavy Bolter
    Plasma Gun

10 Man Tactical Squad Licinius
    Heavy Bolter
    Plasma Gun

5 Man Tactical Squad Pertaco
    Missile Launcher
    Flamer

5 Man Tactical Squad Lurco
    Missile Launcher
    Flamer

FAST ATTACK

10 Man Assault Squad
    2 x Flamer
    Terminator Honours
    Power Fist
    Storm Shield
    Purity Seals

HEAVY SUPPORT

Whirlwind 'Onager'

Whirlwind 'Ballista'

Comments welcome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now firstly do not drop pod anythink in you waster valuable turns of shooting. anyway, the 2 squads of 10 put them into 2 squads of 5. THis will be an advantage with the new consolidation rule out and as orks generaly have squads of 30 is quite anying. I would also take counter attack. Just some of my thoughts.
    Nothing more funny than 3 inquisitors with sanctify when facing deamons. They cant do anything while you stand in front of them having a tee break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

5 Man Terminator Squad Atreon
    Combi-Flamer
    Purity Seals
    2 x Assault Cannon
    Drop Pod

Dreadnought Durmius
    Venerable
    Heavy Flamer
    Smoke Launchers
    Drop Pod

Techmarine Merdius
    4 Heavy Bolter Servitors
    Drop purity seals, since orcs will either crush you in combat or lose. Give drop pods the deathwind launcher this thing is a god send in 5th vs horde armies I got it on 6 of my 11 pods in my drop pod army. I would drop the techmarine as he is a big target, also found that with all the cover saves in 5th heavy bolters are only so so vs hordes. (also your dreadnoughts smoke no longer helps you in CC just so you know, so yes those power claw attacks will eat him)
    10 Man Tactical Squad Marius
    Terminator Honours
    Powerfist
    Combi-Flamer
    Purity Seals
    Heavy Bolter
    Flamer
    Relentless (campaign-granted Veteran ability)
    Drop Pod
    Drop the heavy bolter for a missle launcher, and again deathwind launcher is great if you can spare the points.
    10 Man Tactical Squad Sentius
    Heavy Bolter
    Plasma Gun

10 Man Tactical Squad Licinius
    Heavy Bolter
    Plasma Gun
    I would make this have a flamer or melta and give them a rhino or again drop pod with deathwind.
    5 Man Tactical Squad Pertaco
    Missile Launcher
    Flamer

5 Man Tactical Squad Lurco
    Missile Launcher
    Flamer
    Drop the flamer in these and if you can give them some extra bodies. (missle launchers are really good in 5th since they change blast weapons and they can take out any transports he has too)

Heavies are fine although might drop one if you need points for some of the stuff above or to have a dev squad with a few missle launchers, might want to considers cleanse and purify trait to get 2 flamer / melta in the tact squads with them.
    Last edited by Lyzaru; August 24th, 2008 at 04:13.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by bl00d bath76 View Post
    now firstly do not drop pod anythink in you waster valuable turns of shooting. anyway, the 2 squads of 10 put them into 2 squads of 5. THis will be an advantage with the new consolidation rule out and as orks generaly have squads of 30 is quite anying. I would also take counter attack. Just some of my thoughts.
    I decided to take the drop pods because in the last game I played I suffered from a severe lack of moblility, and being able to drop in all over the table gives me a chance to split the Orks up by harassing their deployment zone, or simply to contest objectives. In the campaign we're playing I also get to re-roll my reserves rolls at the moment so at the very least 2/3 of them should arrive in the second turn.

I have 3 squads of 10... and I could only split one of them up, otherwise I would have over 6 Troops choices. I didn't split them because I wanted to limit kill points in case of an Annihilation Mission. I know what you mean about the hordes though as my opponent has taken 4 20-30 strong mobs in the last 2 games I've played.

Traits are a no-no for me, I'm playing Ultramarines and I stick to my fluff :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzaru View Post
    Drop purity seals, since orcs will either crush you in combat or lose. Give drop pods the deathwind launcher this thing is a god send in 5th vs horde armies I got it on 6 of my 11 pods in my drop pod army. I would drop the techmarine as he is a big target, also found that with all the cover saves in 5th heavy bolters are only so so vs hordes. (also your dreadnoughts smoke no longer helps you in CC just so you know, so yes those power claw attacks will eat him)
    The purity seals were there to take up the points really, I would probably drop them if I had something better to spend the points on.

Good point about the Deathwind Launcher! I should have thought of that, BS2 no longer being the problem it once was. Might have to make some room for them...

Techmarine was taken because I acquired more Servitors lately, also as an alternative to taking Devastators for once, but I may rejig to take the Devs. I'm hoping to get them up high so that I can avoid the cover saves where possible.

The smoke launchers are there to be used if my dread gets shaken or has to run, to help reduce the damage from shooting attacks. I didn't know they ever helped in Assaults to be honest!

Drop the heavy bolter for a missle launcher, and again deathwind launcher is great if you can spare the points.
    I don't even really remember why I gave them a HB so a ML might be the way to go.

I would make this have a flamer or melta and give them a rhino or again drop pod with deathwind.
    Might change the special weapons, to be honest I don't think any of them are particularly good against Orks, I just thought plasma could come in handy for popping light vehicles... Also I have the models with them lol

Drop the flamer in these and if you can give them some extra bodies. (missle launchers are really good in 5th since they change blast weapons and they can take out any transports he has too)
    I may do if I need the 12 points but other than that I will keep them - if there's a massive mob closing, movign forward and firing 6 bolter shots and a point-blank flamer template will do more damage than 3 bolter shots and a frag missile! More bodies would be added if I have the points, I'll see.

Heavies are fine although might drop one if you need points for some of the stuff above or to have a dev squad with a few missle launchers, might want to considers cleanse and purify trait to get 2 flamer / melta in the tact squads with them.
    I want to max out my Whirlwinds for crowd control from safety... my vehicles have popped like balloons in the last couple of games so I want to be out of LoS of Big Guns!

Again, no traits for me as I heed the works of the Codex Astartes... for good or ill!

Thanks to both of you for your comments, the game isn't for a few days yet, so I might rewrite some of the list. Deathwind launchers definitely need thinking about... rep for both of you...

ah well not for you yet Lyzaru because I have recently done so already! You still have my thanks though which is nearly as good... I guess...

+ Reply to Thread