1500 pt interior guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt interior guard

Hows it going everyone this is my first post. I just put together an army list in hopes of finding an opponent for the first time in four years. (no one in my town played). I came up with the 22nd Interior Guard...take a look tear it apart offer suggestions etc if you would please. It supposed to be a grenadier special forces unit. the meat fodder is to hold positions and use their autocannons to hold infantry down. I have the termies the lord and creed and kell as assault teams while the rest of the army does some shooting and tank hunting.

1.HeadQuarters
    a.Creed and Kell - 125

b.Inquisitor Lord - 142
    i.Force Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Artificer Armor
    ii.Crusader, Surgeon, Acolyte
    2.Heavy Support
    a.Leman Russ - 145
    i.Heavy Bolters
    b.Demolisher - 185
    i.Las Cannons, Plasma Cannons
    3.Elites
    a.Grey Knights Terminators – 182
    i.Justicar and two brothers psycannon
    b.Engineseer - 110
    i.Three Tech Servitors and one Plasma servitor,
    c.Hardened Vets - 94
    i.2 Plasma Guns, Bolter, 2 Melta Guns
    4.Troops
    a.Stormtroopers - 131
    i.10 man squad veteran sergeant with Power Sword, two Plasma guns
    b.Stormtroopers – 115
    i.6 man squad Sergeant with Power sword, ,Melta bombs and two Melta guns
    c.Stormtroopers – 68
    i.5 man squad Grenade Launcher and Flamer
    d.Platoon
    i.Command – 56
    1.Jr. Officer with Missile Launcher Power Sword, Bolt Pistol
    ii.Squad one – 75
    1.Autocannon
    iii.Squad two – 75
    1.Autocannon
    5.TOTAL 1503

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

I think you are overaccessorizing for close combat. One really good CC squad should be all you need in a balanced list. My best advice is to drop the Inquisitor HQ and most/all power swords and use the points to buff up the Grey Knight Terminator squad--6 models, minimum. If you want to have a bit of fun, bring an Elite-slot Inquisitor with a teleport homer. He can join any squad, help them out cheaply with CC (better stats than a JO) and bring down the thunder when the GKTs deepstrike.

I recommend a model count of not less than 8 for your Grenadiers. You can't have them pulling suicide stunts when they're the core of your list. Related to that, the third squad should probably have plasma guns, or at the very least two of the same weapon. Flamers you can put on Chimerae, and in fact you should probably bring a couple to help your Grenadiers be mobile. Free up points by removing the Enginseer (you don't have enough vehicles to justify him) and the Hardened Vets.

Speaking of the veteran squad, their setup is illegal--too many special weapons. Their model count sounds pretty low, too; you don't want a tooled-up unit that won't survive a single volley of fire. That's why I recommend losing them for a Chimera.

If you have any points left, consider giving special weapons to the line squads or upgrading the autocannon to lascannon. You aren't packing much ranged weaponry for a Guard regiment, but that's the tradeoff for being Grenadier-heavy.

Iron Discipline is a standard Cadian doctrine; might as well give it to your JO.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much for the advice the army fits into the models that I have here at college lol. I would prefer a six man terminator squad as well. The hardened vet squad has the bolter as a sargent upgrade should have specified sorry. what do you think of replacing the flamer with a second grenade launcher? and beefing both squads up to 8 men? I would like to put the tank hunting squad up in a chimera ideally. however points and lack of a model are forcing a postponement on that.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

I didn't realize there was a model limitation. I myself run a squad of stormies with two grenade launchers, so it's viable. (I prefer to get the squad behind enemy lines, and so I find the assault status of the GL is more valuable than its actual performance.) Your Hardened Vets are listed as having two plasma guns and two meltaguns, and the rules only allow for 3 of those. I wasn't including the bolter in the count. Aside from that, the list should be fun to play in friendly games.

Run the Enginseer alongside the Demolisher and it'll absorb some massive firepower.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your right scratch one melta off the list. Thaks alot I am gonna switch it over to a grenade launcher and tweak the stormies to being 7 or 8 man squads but i still cant find any opponents out here in Flagstaff. AHH!! thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread