Question time... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

Question time...

Ok im new to demon-hunters and they have been on the cards (so to speek) for quite some time. I want to do a pure inquizitorial force so inquizitor lord 2 inquizitors and lots of storm troopers in transports. I have found a cheap way of making stormies so quantity is not a problem. here are my questions

Q1. How should i field stormtrooper squads?

Q2. Im thinking of a almost comleatly mechanized force is this a good move or should i have footsloggers to?

Q3.I plan to use no allies but should i use guard allies just for a leman russ???

Q4.I am puzzeled by how to field my third inquizitor any ideas?

thats aout it for now i have 10 stormies on my conversion table now (2 plasmas 2 melatas 4 hell guners and 2 sarges) i think you can guess how i will field them.
    and i currently have my inquizitor lord and his retinue (3 acolites 1 combat servitors 1 veteran gaudsmen) i also have a second inquizitor with 2 heavy bolter toting gun servitors. both these units are a -WiP- so i will probably sub out the vet guardsman and have a second then third combat servitor. i also have a inquizitorial chimeria finished!! so roll on the 500pt battles . i will post a list some time soon

click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by warhammer madman View Post
    Ok im new to demon-hunters and they have been on the cards (so to speek) for quite some time. I want to do a pure inquizitorial force so inquizitor lord 2 inquizitors and lots of storm troopers in transports. I have found a cheap way of making stormies so quantity is not a problem. here are my questions

Pure Inquisition is difficult to do; my personal recommendation (and it would still remain fluffy, IMO) is to add some Imperial Guard in as inductees, treat them fluffwise as the Inquisitor's personal army.

Q1. How should i field stormtrooper squads?

Between 7-10 Storm Troopers with 2 Plasma or Melta Guns. I typically like to shove them into Chimeras, though Rhinos could be solid as well.

Q2. Im thinking of a almost comleatly mechanized force is this a good move or should i have footsloggers to?

It really depends on your points level and what sort of builds you're looking at. Footsloggers are cheaper and thus you can have more of them, but mech is faster and sometimes safer. I'd say you can't go wrong with a mix.

Q3.I plan to use no allies but should i use guard allies just for a leman russ???

They aren't allies, they're inducted; a little different, but keep that in mind. In order to get a Leman Russ though you'll need to take two Troop choices from the IG codex, if I'm not mistaken.

Q4.I am puzzeled by how to field my third inquizitor any ideas?

Give him (and the rest of your Inquisitors, unless you're going a more fluff route) a Psycannon, and have him roll with some Storm Troopers. I'm not sure why you're going for a 3-Inquisitor force, though; just because it's Inquisitorial doesn't mean you'd see 3 Inquisitors. In fact, I'd expect to see no more than two, and usually only one, taking over a force like this. Sharing power is unheard of when it comes to these guys. I do recommend some Assassins, though.
    Hope this helps!

LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

cool i meant 1 inquizitor lord and 2 inquizitors i also plan to either take a caladus assasin or a threesome of demonhosts. ok phycanons mmm... how would you moddel a phycanon????

i played my first 500pts game today yay!!!!

he is a sketchy over view of what i used (no points im tired)

inquizitor lord
    lightning claws
    termy armour
    3 acolites (combi-meltas)
    combat servitor
    vet gaudsman melta

chimera
    2 hevy bolters
    pintle-mounted storm bolter

inquizitor
    power armour
    CCW
    boltpistol

5 storm troopers
    2 meltas
    veteran sargent
    CCW
    bolt pistol

5 storm troopers
    2 plasmas
    veteran sargent
    CCW
    bolt pistol

i lost but it was close i was playing a new-comer so his army was slightly illegal i can hardly complain -he was a nice kid-.

as i say up antil his devastators blew up the chimera it was going well i melted his termy-captains face of -hehehe- and generally shot him up but lack of numbers was the problem.
    next on the list is more stormies making the units 10 strong and adding the second inquizitor -not to mention bumping up retinues...- that should bring me to 750pts

so on the way to 1000...
    Last edited by warhammer madman; September 2nd, 2008 at 21:00.
    click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

+ Reply to Thread