Holy War Ard Boyz list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy War Ard Boyz list

Saint Celestine
    with Seraphim (9) 2x Twin Link Hand Flamer, VSS w- BoSL MB

Cannoness (Blessed Weapon, Inferno Pistol, Cloak, Jump Pack, Litanies)

Battle Sisters (20 ) MGx2 VSS w- BoSL Bolter

Battle Sisters (20 ) MGx2 VSS w- BoSL Bolter

Battle Sisters (10 ) Hvy Flm, MG, VSS w- PP, Evicerator, BoSL
    mounted in Rhino (EA, Pintle, Blessed Ammo)

Seraphim (5) MB, TL Inferno Pistols, VSS w- BP CCW

Celestian (5) Hvy Flm, MG
    mounted in Immolator (EA, Smoke)

Exorcist

Zealots (20 ) 4x fanatics (3 with evicerators)

Zealots (20 ) 4x fanatics (3 with evicerators)

2498 points

This is a well rounded group with the ability to adapt to just about anything. It is very mobile with deadicated tank hunting units and enough heavy flamers to make any horde army cry. 13 faith points makes having the saint not a problem and give the larger sister squads some nasty ranged death. Blessed ammo has proven to be very decent against pesky players who decide to take cover and hide at objectives. So what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I wonder about your tank hunting mobile squads, are they the Celestians? Do the Immolators have Multi-meltas? I just worry that, at 2500 points, you'll see too many tanks for a few melta-shot from foot sloggers and a single exorcist to deal with. Beyond that I've never been a big fan of Celestians in Immolators. They seem to be OK in CC for sisters but in Immolators their numbers are too low. Plus, with the Hvy. Flamer/Melta combo they're only packing the firepower of a basic sister squad but with less numbers. Look into taking Dominion squads with multiple weapons to get the best punch out of that setup IMO.

I do like the inclusion of Celestin though, kudos.
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appologize I forgot to mark this as a 2500 point army on the title. If there is a way to get someone to help me change that into the subject it would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has any comments ideas of changing up this force please let me know. I am pretty interested in what other WH players think about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

What weapon is on the Immolators? If you have blessed ammo, I assume they're HB. If that is the case, you may not want them too close to the enemy as their Celestian load out suggests they will be. Have you considered MM or HB for the Celestian squads? HB and Storm Bolter isn't too bad a setup. If you don't like that, make them Retributors and have them pack 4 HB with the Immolator backing them up. With Blessed Ammo on the Immolator you have a great anit-infantry firepower unit.
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The immolators are twin link heavy flamer EA = Extra Armor and smoke. They are there to rush forward and burn troops with the celestians. This maximizes their we can move 12 and still shoot. Which is a very nice thing about the immolators.

I see your point on the celestians but they are far cheaper to field for faith and I do like your idea of giving them more of a focus on tank hunting. So I can go with 2 of them with 2x Meltas for tank hunting which is decent odds of a good result in most cases not involving a land raider or monolith. The third celestian squad would go Hvy Flm and flamer then to give more set of anti light infantry in case I go against a horde army.

So I would have 5 tank hunter units 2 celestians with 2x MGs, the cannoness, seraphim with Inferno pistols x2 and Melta bombs (this is the primary big tank killer) and the exorcist. It also gives me 3 immolators which make great distractions for heavy weapons that normally will still get a chance to burn their points worth of infantry.

My take on celestians is they are cheaper to field than the dominions and come with faith for far less. Also they make great martyr units for tying up an enemy assault long enough to let your other units like the zealots get the charge in the next round. 5 sisters with 3+ invuln save is very nice for keeping an enemy 10 man unit tied up and unable to act. Not to mention they stand a good chance to get some licks into the enemy as well. Example they took 2 wounds from stealers they charged once and deliver 3 back which turned into 4 kills because of their morale. Put a nice road block for the tyranid player to deal with getting around and blocked some line of sight as well from the carnifex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

You know, I really like that setup. It's more focused and makes a great deal of sense. I also think that in most games taht would give you a better anti-tank setup. Try not to count on ground pounders w/o transportation to handle tank hunting. Any situation where the enemy has to let you close of their will for you to do something you want isn't the best situation. This isn't to discount the MGx2 20 Sister squads but they shouldn't be primary tank hunters in an army. Having the more mobile Celestians handle it is much nicer.

Kudos on the living saint again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This list did extremely well. I placed 6th instead of 2nd at my local store by a failure on my own part and not the army's. It walked through both space marines players I played with a major victory and a minor victory.

The problem came against an all kroot army that I lost to by massacre in the final round because I planned out a 5 round game and the kroot player being very slow on his turns made it only a 3 round game. I needed 1 more round to finish off and take the objectives or at the very least contest them.

Using celestians from immolators to tie up squads worked nicely to move rapid fire large squads into possition before sacrificing them. Zealots gave death company a big supprise even when they didn't get the charge which made the 2nd squad a useful distraction for the last 2 rounds of that game.

The black templars just couldn't handle the ammount of fire coming at them and had even more issues dealing with the immolators. Rolls weren't with my opponent in this game and terrain was heavily to the advantage of my flamers for this game. The opponent forfeited on round 3 with only one troop choice left on the field and me controlling 3 of the objectives.

In the kroot game infiltrators made this game hard to win. Over 3/4 of the kroot where coming in from the sides directly into both the objectives. I lost one whole sister squad that was defending one of the objectives while two immolators and my rhino squad suppported by celestine and her seraphim raced to the other though they were tied up slightly in rnd 2 by infiltrators on that side.

Zealots cleared out 2 squads of kroot on the close objective but the enemy command squad and another squad coming in with only 6 zealots left to defend gave them control. I was moving in with a 20 sister firing line and 2nd zealot squad to clear them out with the 3rd immolator in support.

By a stroke of bad luck my cannoness dies to a loan shaper left over from a decimated squad in round one which gave my opponent the kill point edge as well. If it I firm belief that the game would have been mine in the next round.

I guess I learned from this about planning 3-4 rnd games against horde armies in an ardboys tournament in the future. Still the army was amazing to see working. I hope some of you can use some of it to help you in your own army designs.
    Last edited by Privatr16; September 22nd, 2008 at 20:46.

+ Reply to Thread