2,000 point Cityfight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2,000 point Cityfight

My friends and I have been playing a lot of Cities of Death lately and I have recently picked up the IG codex and so far am just proxying the army deciding if I want to buy into this.

Doctrines
    -Cameleoline
    -Light Infantry
    -Iron Discipline
    -Special Weapons Team

HQ
    Junior Officer
    -Master-Vox
    -2x Plasma Gun
    -IG Vetran Upgrade + Medic
    -Commisar w/Power Weapon
    -Iron Discipline
    -Cameleoline
    -Light Infantry
    - 166 points -

1 of 1 Special Weapons Team
    3x Melta
    10 Cameleoline
    10 Light Infantry
    - 100 points -

Elite
    9x Storm Troopers + Sergeant
    2x Melta-gun
    Vox
    Inviltrate
    - 135 points -

Troops
    1st Platoon
    Junior Officer
    -4x Plasma Gun
    -Iron Discipline
    -Cameleoline
    -Light Infantry
    - 105 points -

4x (Imp Guard sqad w/ Heavy Bolter, Plasma Gun, Vox, Light Infantry and Cameleoline)
    - 420 points -

2nd Platoon
    Junior Officer
    -4x Plasma Gun
    -Iron Discipline
    -Cameleoline
    -Light Infantry
    - 105 points -

4x (Imp Guard sqad Melta Gun, Vox, Light Infantry and Cameleoline)
    - 380 points -

Heavy Support
    Basalisk w/ Indirect Fire
    Basalisk w/ Indirect Fire
    LRBT with Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter and Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    - 405 points -

Fast Attack
    3x Sentinals with 2x Lascannons and 1 Multi-Laser
    - 155 Points -

3x Sentinals with 2x Lascannons and 1 Multi-Laser
    - 155 Points -

Total Points 2001

What I planed on doing was to infiltrate most of the troops into positions I want them near objectives so that the First Infantry Platoon would already be in position and not have to move much with their heavy weapons mostly for taking out enemy troops. The Second Infantry Platoon would have the freedom to move around and still shoot all of their guns with some Anti-Armour capabilitys with the Melta gun.

I would use the storm troopers for some Anti-armour and the ability to take a few more shots out in the open if I needed a unit to get out of its cover.

Fast Attack Sentinals would attempt to outflank and take out as much armour as they could from the rear.

Basalisks and the LRBT would sit back and do what they do best and the Techpriest would do his best to keep them going for as long as possible.

My HQ I dont expect to do much except stay alive and give the troops the ability to re-roll failed morale saves.

Over all with the Cameleoline capes/armour with all my troops in buildings and in cover they should all have 3+ cover saves and if I keep my HQ in a fortified building he should have a 2+ cover save (3+ from the building and +1 more from the Cameleoline).

Most of my army will start out on the battle field with the infiltrate from the Light Infantry Doc so I am a little worried about my HS sitting in the back alone.

Last edited by Mrfreeze231; September 12th, 2008 at 10:56. Reason: Changed Cityfight with Cities of Death, I didnt realize there was a difference.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Your Platoons need a command squad each (JO w/ command staff). Otherwise i like it

The only other thing i may change wold be the Leman Russ, I would suggest a demolisher

If you got rid of a basalisk, that could make room for the Platoon command squads. You can probably just leave the Leman Russ, its still one of the heaviest tanks

Remember, combat will happen fast, not many turns of shooting unless your up against another shooty army
    For someone to deal as much damage as you did, the Emperor must surely be at your side. - MaxDv
    107th Regiment, 5th Armored Battle Group- 5500pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I got rid of the Tech priest and 1 Squad of troops to make room for the Officers in each platoon.

My friends play Tau, Necrons, and Eldar so there wont be too many units that will go for CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

it looks pretty god to me.

Good Luck!
    For someone to deal as much damage as you did, the Emperor must surely be at your side. - MaxDv
    107th Regiment, 5th Armored Battle Group- 5500pts

+ Reply to Thread