1500 for Newbies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

1500 for Newbies

Just a quick list for any beginners who want a list to play with.

Chapter Master - 190pts
    Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter, Power Weapon, Digital Weapons, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher

Tactical Squad - 265pts
    Sergeant with Boltgun and Power Fist
    Marine with Plasma Gun
    Marine with Lascannon
    7 Marines with Bolters
    Rhino with Extra Armour

Tactical Squad - 265pts
    Sergeant with Boltgun and Power Fist
    Marine with Plasma Gun
    Marine with Lascannon
    7 Marines with Bolters
    Rhino with Extra Armour

Scout Squad - 150pts
    Sergeant Telion
    Scout with Heavy Bolter (Hellfire)
    3 Scouts with Bolters

Landspeeder Storm - 85pts
    Assault Cannon

Terminators - 240pts
    Sergeant with Storm Bolter and Power Weapon
    Terminator with Storm Bolter and Chain Fist
    Terminator with Storm Bolter, Chain Fist and Cyclone

Missile Launcher
    2 Terminators with Storm Bolter and Power Fist

Devastator Squad - 305pts
    Sergeant with Boltgun and Signum
    2 Marines with Missile Launchers
    2 Marines with Heavy Bolters
    5 Marines with Bolters
    Razorback with Lascannon and Twin-linked Plasma Guns

1500pts

Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, here i go.

Master: Since you already have a storm bolter, you might as well take a lightning claw upgrade since he will never be able get the extra attack for 2 weapons. this way, you can get rid of digital weapons since it will be redundant. this saves you points.

Troops: The tacs are fine. I like it. I like Telion. The combo of telion's bs6 and the scatter of the hellfire round will ensure it pretty much hits each turn. Great stuff. The Land Speeder Storm is okay.

Terminators: Since all close combat attacks in 5th are done against rear armor, you really dont need a chainfist... The only vehicles you would need a chain fist against is a land raider (a monolith wouldn't matter). Cyclones are awesome!

Devs: From my experience, mixed weapon dev squads never really worked out for me. Instead i would make it a 5-man missile launcher squad. This way, you can either use the frag templates (anti-infantry) or krak (anti-heavy infantry and vehicles). the missile launchers would also outrange the heavy bolters. Since there are no more modifiers for being under half, you really dont need 10, but thats just my $0.02.

I've played 2 games using the 5th ed ruleset. From my experience, marines are awesome. However, my opponent was using the new marine dex also. A really good unit i like is the sternguard veterans. Give them a rhino, and they can pretty much get the first shot at any unit. I really liked them. Anyway, good luck in 5th!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdeath3 View Post
    Devs: From my experience, mixed weapon dev squads never really worked out for me. Instead i would make it a 5-man missile launcher squad. This way, you can either use the frag templates (anti-infantry) or krak (anti-heavy infantry and vehicles). the missile launchers would also outrange the heavy bolters. Since there are no more modifiers for being under half, you really dont need 10, but thats just my $0.02.
    I think what Pickle was thinking here is taking that 10 man Dev squad and turning it into two 5 man squads, on with 2 missile launchers and one with 2 heavy bolters. This gets you an anti-armour squad and an anti-infantry squad, allows you to deploy them where they'll be more effective, and creates two targets for your opponent to shoot at rather than one.
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Master is in termie armour as a filler more than anything, so yeah, and lightning claw doesn't add much really.

As bandit said, Devs are combat squadded and one lot goes with the razorback,
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question... erm everyone seems to be going on about the vanguard/sternguard vets and dudes like telion/chronus etc like their are already out, same with thenew marine codex, auxilary grenade launchers where do they come from lol. Where i am this stuff is out in october

Me confused lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

262 (x7)

Some of us, have advance copies of the codex, so we are making lists and doing tacticas etc now.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the new codex can you actually purchase a razorbak for a squad of 10 men, even if you intend to split them into combat squads? it seems contradictory to every other codex that has ever been produced. Like getting a wartrukk for a unit of 20 orks no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

262 (x7)

Have aread of the Da/BA codices these work the same.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are correct in the sense that i cannot find a place that says you can not do this, it merely states that the squads may purchase a "dedicated transport" as described...yada yada. But is this a GW over sight? or has it been excepted/ faq-ed somewhere that you can actually purchase a razorbak for a 10 man squad?

im just looking for a page number i guess. hate to be a ball buster lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

262 (x7)

GW has stated in the DA codex that you can do this, it is part of their codex and part of ours now.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    Thrallstudios

+ Reply to Thread