1500pts Codex Space Marines 5th Ed. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts Codex Space Marines 5th Ed.

Pedro Kantor - 175pts

10 Sternguard: 2x Combi-flamer, 2x Combi-melta, Rhino w/ extra armor - 320pts

10 Tactical Marines: Plasmagun, Lascannon, Rhino w/ extra armor - 250pts

Ironclad Dreadnought: Drop pod, 2x heavy flamers, seismic hammer (or chainfist, can't decide!) 185pts

1500pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sooch View Post
    Pedro Kantor - 175pts

Ironclad Dreadnought: Drop pod, 2x heavy flamers, seismic hammer (or chainfist, can't decide!) 185pts

1500pts
    I like it!.. mainly because it's v similar to my list (seriously replace rhinos with drop pods and you have my list).

The sternguard are just plain mean and with the combi weapons capable of dealing with near enough anything that may be thrown at them.

In regard to the dreadnought stay with the hammer, chainfist will help him penetrate but honestly how often does a S 10 dreadnought need help? the +1 on damage rolls is a HUGE help.

One thing, who's Pedro riding with? i assume you're combat squading the tacs and he's riding with one of those? If you don't there's no room for him.

To be honest one change i'd possibly make is to swap the combi-flamers for combi plasma, right now you don't have thta many ways to deal with things like terminators (volume of fire cna work but is risky) on the other hand you have plent of guns yo deal with hordes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think Pedro would go with the Plasmagun Combat Squad of one of hte tac marines. I like the 2x combi flamers, it lets you deal with horde efficiently. Is 4 meltas, 2 plasmas, and 2 lascannons not enough tank busting power?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sooch,

If you can squeeze out the points, you might want to try and put the tac squads in Razorbacks instead. For 5 points more, you get a twin-linked heavy bolter. And you're not going to be needing the whole transport capacity of the Rhino since one part shouldn't be moving at all. And Kantor can squeeze into there also.

At 1500 pts, that's enough tank-busting power. And don't be forgetting that Kantor and the Ironclad will be able to handle armour also.

Coyote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. I can turn one of the heavy flamers back into the melta, and take away a combi-melta from one of the sternguard squads. This will give me 10 points for 2 razorbacks for the tac squads. Do I want the tac squads in razorbacks or the sternguard squads in razorbacks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sooch View Post
    Okay. I can turn one of the heavy flamers back into the melta, and take away a combi-melta from one of the sternguard squads. This will give me 10 points for 2 razorbacks for the tac squads. Do I want the tac squads in razorbacks or the sternguard squads in razorbacks?
    Ideally you don't want to split the sternguard squads and as you can only fit 6 in a razorback that shoots that idea down, keep the vets in rhinos so they cna all stay together and focus their awesome fire better.

Tac squads work better split as you can keep the heavy weapon still and pop tanks while moving the assault weapon and some bolters forward

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, right forgot razorbacks only hold 6.

Australia, but doing an exchange in Germany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

i haven't played any games with the sternguard veterans yet and great list by the way, but it seems to me like you'd be better off with concentrating your sternguard veterans into specific roles, ie keep the list the way it is, but swap them so you have the combi-flamers in one squad and the combi-meltas in the other.

that way you can zoom the anti-horde unit towards those gaunts or boyz, and the other rhino towards the enemy's armoured section. with them being in rhinos, they have great mobility so i, personally, think you don't need to equip them for both possibilities.
    but if you ever drop the rhinos, then i'd equip them how you originally had them.

definitly get razorbacks if you can.

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I want to take razorbacks, I'm going to need to find 30 points (15 per) for extra armor for the razorbacks. So really to take a razorback it's 20 points more per transport, not 5

I don't know where I'd cut the points. The combi weapons are part of what makes this list mean, so I'd rather not lose any. I really wish I could take a razorback, but again I have no idea where to cut points.

The concentrating of my combi weapons might be a good idea though. It's something I can try out, since it just involves swapping models among units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, not really. Since you're already spending the points on the Rhinos for extra armour, it'll still only cost you 5 points to upgrade from Rhino to Razorbacks...

I think you must have forgotten that you paid for the extra armour on the Rhinos.

Coyote

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast