1500 new marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

1500 new marines

Hey everyone, ==Me== here.

I've been toying around with the new book and I'm having a really good time. This is a list I came up with that I can field with all the models I have at the moment.

HQ
    Sicarius
    Elites
    Sternguard-10 marines, Sergeant w/ powerfist, 2w/ combi-meltas
    Troops
    Tactical Squad-10 marines, 1w/ missile launcher, 1w/ flamer, Sergeant w/ powerfist
    Tactical Squad-10 marines, 1w/ lascannon, 1w/ flamer, Sergeant w/ power weapon
    Tactical Squad-10 marines, 1w/ lascannon, 1w/ flamer, Sergeant w/ power weapon
    Scout Squad-10 scouts, 6w/ sniper rifles, 1w/ missile launcher
    Fast Attack
    Attack Bike-1w/ multi-melta
    Heavy Support
    Devastator Squad-10 marines, 4w/ missile launchers

Total-1500
    Models-62

This is your standard infantry heavy shooty list. The las/flamer Tacticals, Devastators, and Scouts will combat squad and provide the dakka and a ton of scorers. The missile/flamer Tactical will roll with Sicarius and hold the line, I'll probably give them counter-attack to fulfill this role. The sternguard will do their thing, providing firepower where it is needed and jumping into assault if necessary. The Attack Bike rushes up and blasts a tank and runs interference.

What say you?

Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Australia, but doing an exchange in Germany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

good list, real good static firepower line set up, one thing, though, you'd be better off equipping your scouts with 9x sniper rifles and 1x missile launcher.
    what did you originally have in mind for your scouts? or just a typo?
    and how do you intend to contend objectives? cos you might need a rhion or two.

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

At present I only have 6 snipers, so I was just going to have 3 per combat squad with bolter guys as bullet catchers.

I was considering vehicles, but I figure that if I take 2 Rhinos I'll need Razorbacks and Dreadnoughts to go with it. For grabbing objectives I have flamer/power weapon combat squads, and infiltrating scouts. I don't need to hold every objective, just blast the enemy of his and keep hold of ==Mine==
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Australia, but doing an exchange in Germany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

yeah, i reckon your tactics will work quite well, just be careful not to let any combat squads get cut off, because they would have a fair chance of getting massacred.

cheers

+ Reply to Thread